Saturday, 04-May-2024, 3:18 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 15 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
AL_GIDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 12:44 PM | Message # 211
Zombie Pirate
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote Random260 ()
Shortened the summary since I couldn't be bothered retyping. Everything should be good now I am trying to restore the elo so we know what order it would originally be. Alright after bonds last word will will commence this project.

When are you going to apply this?

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bond009Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 1:31 PM | Message # 212
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yeah that sounds good random u can start getting it going. dont reset ppls elo yet tho till the bot is set up and we test out the redirection for it

also i got thinking more and i dont think we should update the elo to also track hk's and uk's along with the wins/losses because of a few reasons.
1 we would have to completey reset all elo and wins/losses for it to match up with current stats, if it started now on top of current wins losses then there is no hk and uk average which will make it pointless.
2 it might discourage ppl from doing new or interesting strats with healing/support builds becuz everyone will want a high hk and uk for the bot stats
3 its already tracked for ppls wins if they choose to track their codes
4 its probably a lot of extra work to have those complications for it

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 1:37 PM | Message # 213
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote Bond009 ()
it might discourage ppl from doing new or interesting strats with healing/support builds becuz everyone will want a high hk and uk for the bot stats

i hate this; people(even allies) just go ww and KS you. this will increase this annoying strategy to get high HKs. some people are just soo greedy when it comes to this. it's just a number . . .

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

SOUNDWAVESDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 2:28 PM | Message # 214
Ninja
Quote Random260 ()
I know f00ty. 1300 was never going to be our starting figure. But now onto the figures the requirement. Now, The starting requirement is 1200 will be raised later on to 1300 and 1400 and so on. I agree with f00ty but the problem is when a new account is made the default elo is 1000. We could change it. But lets try to avoid that for now because we want hostbot to fill The min requirement is 25 wins

You should listen to people who have more knowledges about this game.

1st off, lower that elo to 1001~1100 with 20~25win requirements
if you set it to 1200 then that pro bot won't fill.
players who have more than 1000 elo with 25games means they already won a game against 3 team.
This shows they already have basic knowledge about games. like pooling or sharing and this differ from pubs who just feeding games.

You think people high score people will competive?
No. Most of over 1200 elo player leaves game whenever they see me at a different team. I am sure they will leave whenever they see top players.
Only few players who prefer hard games will stay. like principe.

tier 1 Pub bot already have tons of downloaders and newbies.
Problem is tier2 bot who have a little knowledge about this game. This layer is very low.
And this won't be fill fast as you think.
SO MY BOTTOM LINE IS LOWER THAT REQUIREMENT.

2nd, remove that -elo things. What's the point of getting -elo?
Do you think -elo and 0 elo have huge difference? under 500 elo is just same noobs. It's nothing but just discouraging players

Last one. Add average stay percentage on that elo. hk/uk is pointless but stay percentage shows a lot about player and his situation.
SO ADD DAMM STAY PERCENTAGE IN YOUR ELO CALCUATION.

I feel the pain of cyray who've talked same things over and over to you.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 3:01 PM

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 3:06 PM | Message # 215
Robotic Ninja
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
Add average stay percentage on that elo. hk/uk is pointless but stay percentage shows a lot about player and his situation.
SO ADD DAMM STAY PERCENTAGE IN YOUR ELO CALCUATION.

this shows that a single player can play vs stacked team and last till the end. so, yes, i agree with this point

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 4:28 PM | Message # 216
Hero
Oh and what happend for people who are staying with no base ? Lol they will loose less elo because they are watching the end of game.
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
SO MY BOTTOM LINE IS LOWER THAT REQUIREMENT.
agreed with that

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Legal_lifeDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 4:47 PM | Message # 217
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
not redirected no

just 2 seperate bots
what if i wanna play with my noob friend. etc

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 5:11 PM | Message # 218
Robotic Ninja
Quote Legal_life ()
what if i wanna play with my noob friend. etc

masta_k1lla offers free training

Bond009Date: Sunday, 26-Jan-2014, 9:23 PM | Message # 219
Overall Site Owner
yea soundwaves is probably right, even having it at 1000-1100 is fine becuz even ppl with 50% win ratio are way below 1000elo they are like 700-800 at best in most cases. i saw a guy with over 200 games played and he had about 20 more wins than losses or more maybe and his elo was 780ish and he wasnt bad at all.

maybe we should set the bar lower especially starting out i suppose

Cyray@USEASTDate: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 2:14 AM | Message # 220
Hero
I'm on vacation so It's hard to write a lot on my phone but just listen to sound waves and f00ty they understand everything

Ps random sorry about the other thread I made raging at you, I was being stupid.

Anyway sound and f00ty know what to do ill be back in like a week

ELO cap should be either:
15 wins and 1000+ ELO
OR 25 wins and 900+ ELO
The fact that the starting ELO is 1,000 is not a problem because its already s hard for most players to keep 1,000 ELO, so if a player can maintain this for 15 wins that means they're good enough to play with top players. If you make te requirement higher than 1,000 ELo the bot won't fill

name: james mcgovern

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 4:07 AM

Random260Date: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 4:19 AM | Message # 221
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
The problem is the default elo is 1000 for new players. And hk/unit kills will not contribute to the elo it is there for fun.

1) We don't need to reset the elo for the unit kills and hero kills since it does not contribute to the elo.

2)  Again fun fact/statistics. I will remind you what it will record: Hero kills, Unit kills, Base kills, tower kills, Hero kill assist. So it balances it out.

3) Bond it is not tracked in the win code the total is. Seriously how can you read the total. It doesn't tell you anything. Like what is the average total hero kills etc. If I have 10k hero kills I would be asking is that good? The hero kills will be the average hero kills per game.. And ent used it for the dota bots and it is fine.... It is just fun facts.

4) We will not change the basic system of this there is no need.

As for sounds thing about stay percentage. It is just too hard to add another thing to elo calculation since it would change the forumal and stuff and there will be complications.

Anyways, I will make another thread about this... To everyone: Don't post anything related to this topic. I will make a new thread and tell you why it should be added. But one thing I have to say is your taking this to seriously. Your assuming it will but it will not to the majority. Also look at dotas thing has it made a major different not really. The hero kills and unit kills thing will always differ in trends. Just a month ago this game was about hk now it is more macro or whatever it is called. And before that unit kills.

Anyways onto this thread. I agree but my problem is that the default elo is 1000. The requirement will be 1000 and now that I think about it no need to change default requirement. With min requirement 15 technically the higher the more accurate. That is true cyray the default is not a problem. Since we have min requirment wins which will mean they will drop or whatever. I hope this is the last argument we have because I want to begin this project.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 4:31 AM

Bond009Date: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 5:01 AM | Message # 222
Overall Site Owner
Quote Random260 ()
2) Again fun fact/statistics. I will remind you what it will record: Hero kills, Unit kills, Base kills, tower kills, Hero kill assist. So it balances it out.

i guess it could be cool but it adds alot of overhead to the database probably plus will have to add tracking all of that in the game, as of now i only track hks uks building kills and total hero damage done, which in a way is hero kill assist if used right.
Quote Random260 ()
3) Bond it is not tracked in the win code the total is. Seriously how can you read the total. It doesn't tell you anything. Like what is the average total hero kills etc. If I have 10k hero kills I would be asking is that good? The hero kills will be the average hero kills per game.. And ent used it for the dota bots and it is fine.... It is just fun facts.

just type -avg in game it shows u the average hks and uks per win

But the thing is if u add this to the bot now while keeping the wins/losses then once hk's uk's etc are starting to be tracked it will mean nothing when u figure averages based on games played/won/lost. i think it will make it look too messy when ppl !cs.
some ppl already have 100s of games won and/or lost and when those extra stats are gonna be tracked it wont make any sense for averages of hk/uk/s etc done per game. ya know? unless all elo stats are whipped which would also suck right

Quote Random260 ()
Anyways onto this thread. I agree but my problem is that the default elo is 1000. The requirement will be 1000 and now that I think about it no need to change default requirement. With min requirement 15 technically the higher the more accurate. That is true cyray the default is not a problem. Since we have min requirment wins which will mean they will drop or whatever. I hope this is the last argument we have because I want to begin this project.

and that is true, if u make it require 15-25 losses it doesnt matter if u make the elo cap 1000 or 1100 or anywhere inbetween.

One thing that would be cool though is a option to be redirected or not (probably not possible to have a yes no menu pop up) but for pubs with 15 wins and a elo higher than 1000 they might not wanna go in the pro bot yet.
I think wins should be 25 and not too much less becuz pubs that are new to the game dont wanna get 25 wins and then start getting pounded by good players, eh but then again their elo will probably not be too high so nvm it shouldn't matter anyway. tongue

Random260Date: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 5:39 AM | Message # 223
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Again bond it is not meant to be that accurate but overtime it will get more current since it is average it is just a fun fact not something we should be focusing on... No it will not I am good at condensing info but I understand ents thing looks really bad with so much info but I will find a way. It will work. I don't want to give you a whole book or an argument as why I will edit your post I don't want an off topic thread. You mean space instead of overhead. The vps has lots of disk space that is not to worry and it will not waste much. It will work... Now lets stop talking about it. Focus on the subject. Any more post about this will be edited I don't want a more clustered thread like we have now.

I will commence the project.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cyray@USEASTDate: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 6:31 AM | Message # 224
Hero
Ok yeah i agree it's fine that the noob starting ELO is 1000 because most players ELOs will drop by the time they can get to 15 wins so it won't matter anyway

No more arguing lets be friends and make chf better for everyone

Added (27-Jan-2014, 6:31 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also about the HK UK tracker I don't really care about it so you can do whatever you want lol

name: james mcgovern

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 6:33 AM

PLusDate: Monday, 27-Jan-2014, 2:29 PM | Message # 225
Grunt
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
six months
LOL

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<