Friday, 19-Apr-2024, 11:28 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC ABOUT CODES EVERYONE VOTE - Forum

• Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC ABOUT CODES EVERYONE VOTE (tHE CODE SYSTEM MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE..)
VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC ABOUT CODES EVERYONE VOTE
What should happen with code system?
1.Leave it as it is and continue letting random ppl get glitched codes[ 5 ][8.33%]
2.Fix the problem and everyone start over fresh start[ 22 ][36.67%]
3.Fix the problem but make an area on site for ppl to post and have their code converted to new system[ 11 ][18.33%]
4.Fix the codes but only convert ppl's in clan and ppl we know[ 16 ][26.67%]
5.Make a place for ppl to submit their codes and at least give half their legit wins back[ 6 ][10.00%]
Answers total: 60
Bond009Date: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 1:54 AM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
As many know theres always been an issue with the code system and i think this might finally put an end to the code glitchers.. i hope. Im unable to completely confirm this will 100% fix the prob becuz no one was able to give me their code that glitched and the one right before it to test some stuff..
If you followed this thread u'll know more.
http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/47-564-1

Post your ideas and views on this..

maybe i should just wait till i get someones glitched code and one before to test it to make sure before i do this. but i am pretty sure.. tho it would suck to do this and not have it be the fix for the glitching.. :/

also.. if i did this... i could add something neat without making the code much longer or at all..

what would be cool? tracking how many total playing minutes you have played along with your code?
tracking how many hero kills you got..
how many total kills u got

eh nvm it would only track time or hero kills from games u won.. but eh could still be cool..

stoogeDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 2:17 AM | Message # 2
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
make every1 start from fresh...this way every1 gets a fair chance...cuz if ur gonna start converting them u never know who actually has legit codes...also i reckon the tracking minutes hk's uk's would be awesome

BTW im currently at 985 for thos of u who r wondering

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Message edited by stooge - Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 2:46 AM

Bond009Date: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 2:53 AM | Message # 3
Overall Site Owner
yeah i just figured a lot of people with like 500+ would hate to start over after getting them for so long.. it would such to convert everyones but i could probably make something that would do it fast.

also all the pubs that are like 100+ and for them that takes some time..

good way to prove it would be require everyone to post their wc3 name, their code, and a screen shot of -stats showing their win count

but yeah if everyones cool with just starting over.. then im ok with it

Alex[STAR]Date: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:31 AM | Message # 4
User
Group: Users
Awards: 4
There IS another way to hack the code to a specific number by un-protecting the map and finding the warcraft.jass file to edit the code.

CouDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:53 AM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
aww man, I kinda earned my wins and would be a total drag spending all nights playing war craft for nothing. lol im serious too haha. At first I was thinking "Why can't bond upload the codes to the persons account so their wins would upload automatically load when they logged into that account" but then I realized you got those gay spoofters and hax0rs. There has to be a simple and a more effective way. I mean the conversion code thing sounds good Bond, but I'm not sure how to program-me that sort of thing lol and might get left behind and retain 0 codes. Though I can prove my wins but it will give away my identity away!

OMG I'm up for a record of HK!!! biggrin

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

Message edited by Imported_N00b - Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:54 AM

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:57 AM | Message # 6
Development Director
Group: Clan Members
na starting from fresh isn't cool lol

Fix the problem but make an area on site for ppl to post and have their code converted to new system [x]

I voted for that so as long as the person could prove it that they have as many wins as they say then it should be ok? I think it's a fair innitiative in order to fix all the glitched codes, no?

Bond009Date: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:58 AM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
technical shit for bop to read.. v lol

yeah but that would be unreal hard for anyone to do.. even if i had to do it that way it would be so hard it wouldnt be worth it. trust me the amount of code that goes into the save system is nuts, to actually crack the algorithm it uses in the scrambled jass would be nearly impossible. As it is now randomly guessing a code would be easier.

the code is made up of 64 char system and has 24 bit so it has 16777216 possibilities and on top of it has an extra scrambler that as of now takes 8 bits to mix the name and code up that makes so theres a 1:255 chance in guessing a code that might work with your wc name on top of what it already was. i'll change it to 12 bit so it'll be like an extra 1:4096 which should be more than good enough for guessing odds.

CouDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:08 AM | Message # 8
Head Administrator
One of the guys that glitched their wins, Chief Alberta, told me he wanted me to get glitched codes. He said something about putting a number 1 as the first number of the first win code. I'm not sure if it's true but he himself definitely got the 1 k wins the glitched way since he told me and I knew he never had 1 k wins to start off with.

as for the offer, I'm not a noob and didnt take it. It makes me feel good earning my pay cheque for the week- even if the currency is in win codes. lol.

Message edited by Imported_N00b - Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:09 AM

HashDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:28 AM | Message # 9
Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Imported_Noob, can you please tell me your true identity?

CouDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:01 AM | Message # 10
Head Administrator
TBH, you don't know me all too well so we can leave it at that. I'll be working in the shadows anyway heh heh heh happy

even if I tried, it won't let me. My name is [censored]. see? It's been blocked off for some reason and it's not an explicit name either lol.

Master-HeroDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:11 AM | Message # 11
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
So if u get your wins back, you got like for example 1000 wins and 23hks and 300 unit kills. That would just make it weird..

Inactive mod.

CouDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:15 AM | Message # 12
Head Administrator
how come it would be weird? I think you get your win codes back but it will start recording the hero kills and unit kills you make from, that point on. So the HK will have a ball of a time trying to get their hk up lol.

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:19 AM | Message # 13
Development Director
tracking stats like hks and unit kills would defo be neat!

Master-HeroDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:33 AM | Message # 14
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
What I meant is just that it would be very low, when u look at your wins.

Inactive mod.

NoBrainDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:41 AM | Message # 15
Hero
Awards: 1
I took 9-10 months to get my stats, dunno if i want a reset ^^

je l'ai rêvé si fort... que les draps s'en souviennent..

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC ABOUT CODES EVERYONE VOTE (tHE CODE SYSTEM MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE..)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501