Sunday, 19-May-2024, 5:09 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ummm yeah. - Forum

• Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ummm yeah. (please don't flame me too much for this.)
ummm yeah.
cyrawrDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:02 AM | Message # 1
Archer
Group: Banned Users
Awards: 0
OK so this is going to be a very long and emotional rant (i'll completely understand if you don't wanna read it all) and apologies in advance if anything doesn't make perfect sense as i am very tired and stressed out...Normally I come on Warcraft so that I can de-stress from real life, just relax for a bit, and spend some time with my virtual friends :). But over the past few weeks I've found it harder and harder to do that...so I just need to say how i feel to anyone whos willing to listen in the community, apologies for venting in advance. I swear i'm not trying to start any kind of internet drama, but i think these things really need to be said. I just want to be perfectly clear up front, most of the negative stuff that I talk about in this post is directed towards a very small percentage of the chf players, but if you are generally a pretty nice person (which most of you are :)), most of this probably doesn't apply to you. but feel free to read it anyway :).

one request...If you're going to seriously respond to this, please read the entire thing and think about everything i said before you post.

ok now lots of smiley faces because the rest of this thread is just going to be sad sad sad sad

smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^

rant begins now!

Basically this all started because of a post I wrote in another thread, where people were talking about the "top pro players" like cou, soundwaves, monster, cheesy, jst4x, and otherr "pros". In that thread I wrote that my favorite players were the ones who were skilled, but more importantly who knew how to have fun and didn't flame people. And then a bunch of stupid irrelevant drama happened on battle.net over the past few days, on top of a bunch of real life crap that doesn't matter either yadayadayada anyway it sort of got me thinking...about a lot of other stuff lol. So here's whats going on in the mind of sahra...fascinating i know xD (like i said, i'll understand if you find this thread incredibly dull, i just needed to get it off my mind).

Basically my point in the other thread was just that i love the players who are genuinely nice and willing to play with us inexperienced "pubs". People like these are awesome for the community and help us all get better :). gosh, i feel like such a pretentious nerd when i use words like "pub" and "pro" -- alas, i must come to terms with my dorky personality at some point, why not today? xD

Now even though there are a lot of really great people in this community, i think everyone can acknowledge that there are at more than a few bad apples both here and on battle.net. And ive noticed as of late that these people tend to be an extremely VOCAL minority of people who are...well, downright jerks to their fellow chf players, and i think it really hurts the community as whole. If these specific people didnt have such snobbish, hostile attitudes towards new players (or even towards older players, as evidenced by the other thread i referred to and numerous other instances over battle.net) then maybe people would actually WANT to be a part of the chffamily and stay around for a while!

Here's an example of what im talking about: today i was playing with a good friend (who will remain anonymous) in a game against some "pros". Some time towards the end of the game, we gathered up 15k and (anonymous) bought an altar. The altar probably would have won it for us, but i accidentally clicked on the starfall spell right before (anonymous) put it in the zeppelin and so the altar starfall spell got "activated" without actually killing anything since it was in the zeppy, and so we ended up losing. (anonymous) hasn't talked to me since that game happened because he was soooooo mad at me, even after i apologized, and it was just over a stupid freaking mistake cry . Funny thing is, I remember a while back the same EXACT thing happened with me and Cou (where i messed up the altar by clicking starfall right before Cou put it in the zeppy); the difference is that when it happened with Cou we still lost the game, but afterwords we just laughed it off and /hugged. With (anonymous), ever since that game he literally will not ever play with me or even speak to me again.

the reason i bring up this anecdote is because it makes me really sad when people rage at each other, or get in huge fights over a video game. Its called a game for a reason, its for fun! When you were a little kid playing hide and seek, did you cuss out your friends if they found your hiding spot? I seriously hope not! Call me corny, but footies should be bringing us TOGETHER and be making us all happier! not pissing people off!

ok time for more smiley faces, this is getting too depressing again...

biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :)

If you ever feel like you're at the point where you aren't having fun anymore, and CHF is stressing you out, then just take a break :). Heck, if you're ever on my team and you're not having a pleasant time (like if you get tired of carrying me hehe), feel free to just "rage pull" :D. I know this sounds kind of silly, but I'd rather have someone quit out in the middle, instead of having them stay and have a terrible time --- or worse, verbally abuse the other people in the game. I don't care who wins or loses, its just not enjoyable to play with someone who is cussing people out or making personal attacks.

Another thing i wanted to get off my chest. And yes, this is directed to YOU. YOU know who you are.
Believe it or not some people on Warcraft are specifically mean to girls because they think it will make the girl more attracted to them or super interested in them....this mentality is reminiscent of my kindergarten years, back in the days when girls (including me) used to run up to boys who they thought were cute and punch them repeatedly just to get their attention ^-^. don't ask me why so-called "mature" people do this, i guess im just too idiotic to understand their logic. I'd ask YOU myself, but apparently your "on another level and can't be touched"...sigh...

Last thing and then I promise I'm finished. I just want everyone to know that i don't come here for attention; im not that kind of girl and i hope i never become like that. In fact, when i first started playing custom hero footies, i tried to hide all of my personal info (and i still do, to an extent) INCLUDING (!!!) the fact that i am a girl. Just ask any of my close friends like cou, wilz, chinesekid, helekiller etc...none of them knew i was a girl when i first started playing. I just wanted to be treated like everyone else. i even started out using my boy cousin's warcraft account so that nobody would know my real identity, because i didn't want people to see me as different, for better or for worse. obviously I changed my mind about this after joining the forums, telling people that i am a girl, and posting tons of pictures/video of myself. BUT a big reason why i did that was because people constantly asked me to post them (edit: OH and also because i thought the video was pretty freaking hilarious with my dad walking in at the end hahah xD). Nevertheless, i take full responsibility for my actions, and i (cont'd below)

Message edited by cyrawr - Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 6:46 PM

cyrawrDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:18 AM | Message # 2
Archer
(continued)

Nevertheless, i take full responsibility for my actions, and i knew what the consequences would be when I decided to participate in the forums.

(EDIT: ok i realize that part sounded pretty whiny and dramatic, but if you saw some of the things that people have said to me over battle.net, things that have almost brought me to tears, you'd understand. I know i'm obviously a more sensitive person than most people otherwise i wouldnt be writing all this...but i think other girls like jamie and shadow can testify to how hard it can be to enjoy the game with misogynistic, overtly sexual, and downright mean comments constantly flying in your direction)

And even if i do receive inappropriate whispers, or people hold me to a different standard because im a girl, I can for the most part just brush it off and move on, especially if its just from a random person. When its from a close friend though, it can be really hurtful; to me, you guys aren't just 'random people on the internet', I would consider some of you my real friends :). i feel like I've gotten to know so many of you really well and i respect you and value your opinions. I don't care if we're talking about real life or virtual life: it hurts to be bullied, harassed, and to lose people who you thought were your buds sad .

I knew how some people would inevitably treat me when i signed up chf.ucoz.com in the first place; its easy to be critical when you're hiding behind the safety of a keyboard, where you're more or less anonymous. And maybe it was the wrong decision to tell people who i am, but I don't regret it. Because i also knew that for every hateful person i would have to deal with, there would be 10 other kind, wonderful people who i would have the unique opportunity of meeting. I don't know about you guys, but getting to know you all these past few months has definitely been worth it, for me at least smile

So whats the point of all this? Well, part of it is just me expressing my sadness and disappointment towards a few members of our community. But more than anything, I just want the misogynistic comments, the flaming, and the negativity to stop. Whether you're a complete beginner (remember, we were all noobs once, some of us still are xD), or you've been around for years, its just not necessary to be a jerk. Every time you cuss out 'some random person on the internet', remember, you might have just driven someone away from our chfamily for good. And go ahead, keep on behaving the same way and see what happens to this game and this community...At best, what we have now will devolve into a small group of exclusionary jerks with the maturity of kindergartners, who will sit in front of their computers all day playing chf and insulting each other (taking the occasional break to hop on the forums and argue about which of them is the most "pro"). And at worst, the game will probably just fade away into a forgotten history; all of the good times we've had will slowly but surely dissolve, relatively unnoticed. Perhaps the fragments of our memories will slip into the backs of our subconscious, but it is unlikely that they will manifest into anything beyond fond, yet distant recollections. Actually, i'm not even sure which of those two scenarios is worse, a s***y game, or no game at all...but one thing is certain: if you want this game to die, keep doing what your doing. But if you actually care, and i know that you all do (even those of you who like to pretend you dont) considering the 20-odd pages of suggestions for 3.8 that have been posted in the past month, then do your part and make the hatred stop. like i said, you know who you are.

Anyway, there's my depressing rant. I know some people will probably think less of me for slipping out of my complacent, submissive personality, and actually calling people out on their b***s*** for once...And some people will probably be quicker and more vocal than others to label me a drama queen, tell me i have no life for writing a 2000 word essay about a video game, or perhaps just call me out for being a terribly hyperbolic writer (and i'll be the first to admit that there is definately some truth within each of those accusations). But if you can, try to seperate the message from its author; read this piece objectively and honestly, and let the words stand on their own.

edit; After a little personal reflection, I've come to the realization that writing as much as I did probably wasn't necessary, and that I am yet to overcome my tendency to complicate things beyond reason. I guess what took so many words to explain, could ultimately have been boiled down to a neat and simple statement.

Just. be. nice.
Please.

Its not that hard and it feels really good smile Remember, it takes 41 muscles to frown, but only 17 to smile.

-sahra <3

Message edited by cyrawr - Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 8:16 AM

Pyo-LizZoODate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:25 AM | Message # 3
Hero
Group: Users
Wheres John aka Uberleet with his "tl; dr" dry

pew pew - hele killer style

ÜberGeekDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:25 AM | Message # 4
Mr. Löwenstein
Group: Clan Members
tl ; dr

Can I start spammin'/trollin'/hatin' now?

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Pyo-LizZoODate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:26 AM | Message # 5
Hero
few seconds later....John was here biggrin

pew pew - hele killer style

ÜberGeekDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 7:40 AM | Message # 6
Mr. Löwenstein
haha Lizz, you're a mind-reader

your post wasn't there when I opened the thread biggrin

Added (2011-09-26, 8:40 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Seriously though, is there any "Über is sexy" in that wall of text somewhere?

I cannot read through it all, I read for a minute and forget everything.

Copy out the paragraph where there's talk of my handsome features.

Thanks,

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

killerrangeDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 8:28 AM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 1
Haha masta, you always have something positive to say smile i love all you guys, and i completely agree with every word you said sahra! even the long ones that i had trouble reading. anyway, i read the whole thing and if any of you don't feel like reading the whole thing i suggest you read this one paragraph:

Quote (cyrawr)
So whats the point of all this? Well, part of it is just me expressing my sadness and disappointment towards a few members of our community. But more than anything, I just want the misogynistic comments, the flaming, and the negativity to stop. Whether you're a complete beginner (remember, we were all noobs once, some of us still are xD), or you've been around for years, its just not necessary to be a jerk. Every time you cuss out 'some random person on the internet', remember, you might have just driven someone away from our chfamily for good. And go ahead, keep on behaving the same way and see what happens to this game and this community...At best, what we have now will devolve into a small group of exclusionary jerks with the maturity of kindergartners, who will sit in front of their computers all day playing chf and insulting each other (taking the occasional break to hop on the forums and argue about which of them is the most "pro"). And at worst, the game will probably just fade away into a forgotten history; all of the good times we've had will slowly but surely dissolve, relatively unnoticed. Perhaps the fragments of our memories will slip into the backs of our subconscious, but it is unlikely that they will manifest into anything beyond fond, yet distant memories. Actually, i'm not even sure which of those two scenarios is worse, but one thing is certain: if you want this game to die, keep doing what your doing. But if you actually care, and i know that you all do (even those of you who like to pretend you dont) considering the 20-odd pages of suggestions for 3.8 that have been posted in the past month, then do your part and make the hatred stop. like i said, you know who you are.

And sahra i probably have an idea of who got angry at you, bahaha! just going to have a wild guess, but not say whom because obviousily it is going to remain 'anonymous'.

Thank you on behalf of all CHF community, i am so proud of you for saying all of that! i may not know you well but every single one of you have a spot in my heart!

Thanks for being a great role model! <3 from everyone

I'm here to help :D

Alex[STAR]Date: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 10:24 AM | Message # 8
User
Awards: 4
Moved by request
"pros" list is bs, made/posted in only by people who need ego-boosts to feel good about their life

TrixxareforkidsDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 11:07 AM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
More namez pliz.

Also, what are the st*rr*d *ut w*rds?
Fuck censorship

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

ÜberGeekDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 11:59 AM | Message # 10
Mr. Löwenstein
And the "Rant of the Year" Award goes to...

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 12:09 PM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Can't wait till Arctty sees this thread.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

TrixxareforkidsDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 12:16 PM | Message # 12
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
Because he will mention you and boost your "e-go"

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

ArcttyDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 12:41 PM | Message # 13
Ninja
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Can't wait till Arctty sees this thread.

I would have read this if it was shorter. Maybe if some one can summarize this booty chatter for me I'll give my 2 cents, and don't act like you guys don't want it.

ÜberGeekDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 1:22 PM | Message # 14
Mr. Löwenstein
She explained great detail why wilz isn't sexy.

also: lulz @ 'booty chatter'

Added (2011-09-26, 2:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (cyrawr)
OK so this is going to be a very long and emotional rant (i'll completely understand if you don't wanna read it all) and apologies in advance if anything doesn't make perfect sense as i am very tired and stressed out...Normally I come on Warcraft so that I can de-stress from real life, just relax for a bit, and spend some time with my virtual friends :). But over the past few weeks I've found it harder and harder to do that...so I just need to say how i feel to anyone whos willing to listen in the community, apologies for venting in advance. I swear i'm not trying to start any kind of internet drama, but i think these things really need to be said. I just want to be perfectly clear up front, most of the negative stuff that I talk about in this post is directed towards a very small percentage of the chf players, but if you are generally a pretty nice person (which most of you are :)), most of this probably doesn't apply to you. but feel free to read it anyway :). one request...If you're going to seriously respond to this, please read the entire thing and think about everything i said before you post. ok now lots of smiley faces because the rest of this thread is just going to be sad sad sad smile :) smile :) smile :) smile :) smile happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy ^_^ happy rant begins now!

Quote (cyrawr)
Basically this all started because of a post I wrote in another thread, where people were talking about the "top pro players" like cou, soundwaves, monster, cheesy, jst4x, and otherr "pros". In that thread I wrote that my favorite players were the ones who were skilled, but more importantly who knew how to have fun and didn't flame people. And then a bunch of stupid irrelevant drama happened on battle.net over the past few days, on top of a bunch of real life crap that doesn't matter either yadayadayada anyway it sort of got me thinking...about a lot of other stuff lol. So here's whats going on in the mind of sahra...fascinating i know xD (like i said, i'll understand if you find this thread incredibly dull, i just needed to get it off my mind).

nothing important here Arctty, skip this

Quote (cyrawr)
Basically my point in the other thread was just that i love the players who are genuinely nice and willing to play with us inexperienced "pubs". People like these are awesome for the community and help us all get better :). gosh, i feel like such a pretentious nerd when i use words like "pub" and "pro" -- alas, i must come to terms with my dorky personality at some point, why not today? xD

still nothing

Quote (cyrawr)
I said this before but i i just want to reiterate

man, I fell asleep @ 'reiterate' again

(have to break this down into smaller chunks)

Quote (cyrawr)
there are an incredible amount of really amazing people in our community

Can you put a number on 'incredible amount?

Quote (cyrawr)
all the nice people out there in the world of warcraft 3

Quote (cyrawr)
maybe people would actually WANT to be a part of the chffamily

Quote (cyrawr)
Here's an example of what im talking about: today i was playing with a good friend (who will remain anonymous) in a game against some "pros". Some time towards the end of the game, we gathered up 15k and (anonymous) bought an altar. The altar probably would have won it for us, but i accidentally clicked on the starfall spell right before (anonymous) put it in the zeppelin and so the altar starfall spell got "activated" without actually killing anything since it was in the zeppy, and so we ended up losing. (anonymous) hasn't talked to me since that game happened because he was soooooo mad at me, even after i apologized, and it was just over a stupid freaking mistake . Funny thing is, I remember a while back the same EXACT thing happened with me and Cou (where i messed up the altar by clicking starfall right before Cou put it in the zeppy); the difference is that when it happened with Cou we still lost the game, but afterwords we just laughed it off and /hugged. With (anonymous), ever since that game he literally will not ever play with me or even speak to me again. the reason i bring up this anecdote is because it makes me really sad when people rage at each other, or get in huge fights over a video game. Its called a game for a reason, its for fun! When you were a little kid playing hide and seek, did you cuss out your friends if they found your hiding spot? I seriously hope not! Call me corny, but footies should be bringing us TOGETHER and be making us all happier! not pissing people off! ok time for more smiley faces, this is getting too depressing again... biggrin :D smile :) smile :) smile :) biggrin :D smile :) smile :) smile :)

nothing to see here, move along...

Quote (cyrawr)
Another thing i wanted to get off my chest. And yes, this is directed to YOU. YOU know who you are. Believe it or not some people on Warcraft are specifically mean to girls because they think it will make the girl more attracted to them or super interested in them....this mentality is reminiscent of my kindergarten years

Quote (cyrawr)
Last thing and then I promise I'm finished.

Quote (cyrawr)
wilz isn't sexy

It's common knowledge already.

Quote (cyrawr)
i take full responsibility for my actions

Quote (cyrawr)
i take full responsibility for my actions

Quote (cyrawr)
i think other girls like jamie and shadow can testify to how hard it can be to enjoy the game with misogynistic, overtly sexual, and downright mean comments constantly flying in your direction

I had to look up misogynistic in the dictionary.

Quote (cyrawr)
I just want the misogynistic comments, the flaming, and the negativity to stop.

Quote (cyrawr)
At best, what we have now will devolve into a small group of exclusionary jerks with the maturity of kindergartners

Quote (cyrawr)
the game will probably just fade away into a forgotten history

Quote (cyrawr)
Perhaps the fragments of our memories will slip into the backs of our subconscious, but it is unlikely that they will manifest into anything beyond fond, yet distant recollections.

Quote (cyrawr)
writing a 2000 word essay about a video game, or perhaps just call me out for being a terribly hyperbolic writer (and i'll be the first to admit that there is definately some truth within each of those accusations). But if you can, try to seperate the message from its author; read this piece objectively and honestly, and let the words stand on their own.

Quote (cyrawr)
I am yet to overcome my tendency to complicate things beyond reason

Quote (cyrawr)
it takes 41 muscles to frown, but only 17 to smile

(phew, I managed to skim through the whole thing, thank me later Arctty)

Quote (cyrawr)
Call me corny

You are corny. Now call me sassy.

Wisdom of the day: there is no I in team.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Message edited by ÜberGeek - Tuesday, 27-Sep-2011, 7:41 AM

ArcttyDate: Monday, 26-Sep-2011, 1:33 PM | Message # 15
Ninja
Thanks JohnSmith I laughed at some of this.

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ummm yeah. (please don't flame me too much for this.)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501