Tuesday, 16-Apr-2024, 2:50 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

How Does Your Country Grade - Page 2 - Forum

• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » How Does Your Country Grade (Everyone please answer gosh ;))
How Does Your Country Grade
lotrrotkDate: Friday, 08-Jan-2016, 1:53 AM | Message # 16
Zombie Pirate
Group: Game Mod
Awards: 0
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
including almost 34% of class who went to Stanford and Columbia alone o.O)

This school of yours...does it only select geniuses/genii?

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 08-Jan-2016, 2:12 AM | Message # 17
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote lotrrotk ()
This school of yours...does it only select geniuses/genii?

hahhaa, it's pretty common with "elite" high schools. ^^

For instance, USA might have (generally) not so great high schools but if you look only at places like Andover, Stuyvesant, Exeter, etc. then education will seem good xD
And no, my school was a regular school for extremely privileged students, no more.

^^

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Friday, 08-Jan-2016, 2:14 AM

lotrrotkDate: Friday, 08-Jan-2016, 6:26 AM | Message # 18
Zombie Pirate
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
but if you look only at places like Andover, Stuyvesant, Exeter, etc.
Rosa the forums rules strictly state that you converse in the English language...being an old member I expected you to know that...........but seriously who comes up with these names?
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
my school was a regular school for extremely privileged students, no more.
So you mean it only accepted geniuses/genii or special students.

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 09-Jan-2016, 2:53 AM | Message # 19
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote lotrrotk ()
o you mean it only accepted geniuses/genii or special students.

No. It means the schools accept a disproportionate amount of students whose families come from the top percentiles (in terms of wealth).

If you look at almost any statistics, you will find that wealthier families give their sons or daughters a much better education and such stacks up such that if you have a school majorly filled with families of such wealth, the students will all seem to be 'geniises/genii or special' in most academic standards.

^^ And the reason why the school had a chunk of those types of richer families was because... hmm, how should I state it....
if your high school costs at least 30,000 dollars a year (almost 27500 euro a year), then the probability of students from the lower class (in wealth) in school is quite low.

That said, yes I agree the school cost is outrageous. In Korea, many families even have trouble sending their sons or daughters to college simply because the tuition is 7,000 a year so if you think about it, the cost is outrageous for a high school.

In addition, I will state that schools like Deerfield, Andover, Grotons, Stuv... etc in USA also cost around 55000 dollars. That's almost 53500 euros a year for high school. In those types of schools, similar to the high school I attended, a disproportionate number of kids will be from wealthier backgrounds and since the wealthy in a capitalistic world has access to better education from kid's childhood, most academic measures would put the kid as 'extremely bright'.

:/ Unfortunate world. Life is kinda unfair in that even meritocracy indirectly correlates with family income... -.-
** Oh, before people get mad at me saying I'm elitist and spoiled brat (which I am), I would like to also make a note to all that I was unnaturally gifted in academics even when I attended public schools. So... you guys (if you have internet in your house which you do) have no real excuse to not do well academically. Know that talent is something you are born with. However, skill is only done by hours and hours of hardwork.
Yes, I was born very talented in the area of mathematics and computers (and CHF and WC3 ladder). However, I can tell you, if I didn't practice much, then I would have never become skilled in the first place. Just sleep 4~5 hours a day and trust me, you have time for academics + making friends + massive number of gaming. xD wink

lotrrotkDate: Saturday, 09-Jan-2016, 3:24 AM | Message # 20
Zombie Pirate
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
I'm elitist and spoiled brat (which I am)
One mouse rosa....how hard is it to get one mouse
and this isn't the first time this happened so I'm starting to doubt your "riches"

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
Life is kinda unfair in that even meritocracy indirectly correlates with family income... -.-
Somewhat true but most of the talented people in this world aren't from rich families, if we're talking about meritocracy then, they would be known for their skills/abilities their social status would have nothing to do with it 

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
most academic measures would put the kid as 'extremely bright'.
I've seen the opposite effect take place as well

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
:/ Unfortunate world. Life is kinda unfair in that even meritocracy indirectly correlates with family income... -.-
Also I was reading this article a few days ago about this but some families don't stay rich all the time, businesses can't run forever
"An impressive 88% of current family business owners believe the same family or families will control their business in five years, but succession statistics undermine this belief. Only about 30% of family and businesses survive into the second generation, 12% are still viable into the third generation, and only about 3% of all family businesses operate into the fourth generation or beyond."
So they'd still be literate people but without any income their next generation would be illiterate or maybe the one after that then a new family would rise up....this cycle would never end

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Message edited by lotrrotk - Saturday, 09-Jan-2016, 3:32 AM

13eastynlDate: Sunday, 10-Jan-2016, 2:50 PM | Message # 21
Grunt
Group: Users
So many way, buth only by numbers from 1 till 10 ore 0 till 100.

hanshbraunDate: Sunday, 10-Jan-2016, 9:34 PM | Message # 22
Rifleman
Group: Users
4.0 throughout high school

BajsHoranDate: Monday, 11-Jan-2016, 9:45 AM | Message # 23
Ninja
Sweden have 4 diifrent grades in any course.. IG G VG and MVG. Translates like Didnt pass.... Passed. Passed with honors. ThIS GUY is the boss :)

then the grades get 0, 10 - 15 - 20 point when u add up uf score. Then there is same as USA like u take sat test. So when u apply to uni or whatever higher education u prefere they take 33 % from highschool grades 33% from sat.s and 33 % from previous univeristy studys.

Green Man - im so jeallous of ur elo

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » How Does Your Country Grade (Everyone please answer gosh ;))
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501