Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 6:03 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Why US Universities are overpriced :D - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » Why US Universities are overpriced :D
Why US Universities are overpriced :D
RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 14-Feb-2016, 9:51 PM | Message # 1
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Well, in case some of you are applying to college or universities and have wondered "Why on earth are US Universities so expensive", here are why:

Hope this brings motivation to you guys who are still in high school or in college (for grad school!). There's a whole new world outside your small town and I think sometimes seeing something like this can change your perspectives of life.
I hope you guys take this in a positive light because the main reason I studied hard was through inspirations from university tours, vacations, videos, motivational speeches, etc.
Sometimes, videos speak a thousand words. Even if these videos are irrelevant to you (me <= guilty), I hope you take some joy seeing these videos and if possible, even take notes of how tour videos are filmed and think of ways to make better presentations on your own projects!
(In case you guys wonder, most of my powerpoints, presentations, projects, etc. were made from stealing ideas right outa books or videos or real life experiences so.. ^^)

(Self explanatory videos below):

and oh ya... probably the most boring video I have ever seen in a US college youtube video.... winner goes to my own school (ROFL!)

The university I currently attend forces students to mature quickly and ya... you can kinda see it from the video (lol)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Monday, 15-Feb-2016, 0:15 AM

l3etuceDate: Sunday, 14-Feb-2016, 10:57 PM | Message # 2
Grunt
Group: Game Mod
but Chinese food in the US are good . and not expensive biggrin

I love green leetuce

RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 14-Feb-2016, 11:38 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Quote l3etuce ()
ut Chinese food in the US are good . and not expensive

But not the best ingredients....

Quality vs Quantity
Most fast food Chinese restaurants win in quantity but not really as much in quality :/
Plus, eating greasy Chinese food everyday is:/ . That said, many american university dining halls are like Hogwarts, so why bother?

Unlimited food from lobsters to steaks to salads to vegetables to desserts to rice to noodles to etc. etc. etc. using fresh ingredients while sitting on a Hogwarts feeling?
Pssh, :D
College is to eat :3

btw, that above is a WuStL's dining hall. WTF.
No wonder US universities cost a fortune. Dorms are like hotels. Foods are like Hogwarts. Campus are like resorts or palaces..........
(Well now the world knows why US universities cost so much ^_^)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Sunday, 14-Feb-2016, 11:39 PM

lotrrotkDate: Monday, 15-Feb-2016, 1:27 AM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
Group: Game Mod
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
Why on earth are US Universities so expensive
I was gonna watch the videos you posted but then I saw that WUSTL's dining hall picture and I was like nvm, now I know why

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Web-GhostDate: Monday, 15-Feb-2016, 9:03 AM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
RosarioVampireZ, i am sure if i spend the same amount of money in usa for uni-es in uk(like the top 100 ranking ones), i can get way better food than what usa uni's offer + i dont have to be in debt to anyone after my education(beside my parents :3 ) + i can do masters, and still be in less debt + i can get myself a good laptop like a macbook pro or something and still be in less debt.The only thing i wont have is a nice library like the one columbia (QQ)

[img][/img]

RosarioVampireZDate: Monday, 15-Feb-2016, 12:43 PM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
TL;DR: Higher education is a

Quote Web-Ghost ()
i can get way better food than what usa uni's offer

Nope
When it comes to luxuries for university dining, there is no competition that US universities win out by a huge margin. I mean just look at the sheer size difference of schools in US and Europe.
e.g.: U of Cambridge: 36.6 ha, Stanford Univ: 3,310 ha (lol the size of campus is almost 100 times bigger than the ones in Europe? rofl)

That said, you are right that if those money were spent on actual restaurants... hahahahhaa

Quote Web-Ghost ()
i dont have to be in debt to anyone after my education(beside my parents :3 )

Welcome to America.
Anyways, that's not completely true. Many of the top 20 US News universities (and top 5 liberal art colleges) are exceptions to this rule. The financial aid is pretty nice.
And ofc, the top 5 US News universities have fantastic financial aid systems.
Many students don't pay the sticker price. The sticker price is just there for the looks. Like, if your parents earn like 180,000 dollars a year and has a brother also going to college, Harvard only asks 8 thousand dollars a year for tuition and rest ~10,000 dollars for housing/traveling/eating/chewing/whynot.
But then again, most people don't get into Harvard (myself included..sigh) and ya, most universities in America ensure you get in debt for the next 30 years after graduating.
That said, US universities also have something called in-state tuition. O.o too bad I'm not part of that :(

Spoiler: Why you should not come here Web. Places like NYU? Prepare for 6 figures debt biggrin for an undergrad degree.. which will take you the next 60 years to pay off? o.O :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eip-xRhokMM

Quote Web-Ghost ()
i can do masters, and still be in less debt

Master's are generally not worth it financially (same with PhD)... at least for many STEM fields

Quote Web-Ghost ()
i can get myself a good laptop like a macbook pro or something and still be in less debt

Lol. xD
No comments.

Quote Web-Ghost ()
The only thing i wont have is a nice library like the one columbia

Na, there is a lot of things you miss out but wtvr~
Like ... (time to go sadistic mode):
Reading around 500 pages a week. Writing 20ish pages every 2.5 weeks. Having a Computer Science assignment every 2 weeks. Having a part time job. Having regular computer science and probability homework that just pisses you off. ;)
Cause a well rounded person must be able to do everything from reading to writing to computer science to math to physics to biology to history... oh screw dat :P

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Monday, 15-Feb-2016, 12:56 PM

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » Why US Universities are overpriced :D
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats