Friday, 10-May-2024, 12:02 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 11 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:17 PM | Message # 151
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
I can fix the leaderboard with a quick elo fix. I done it when the elo was screwed up ages ago. All I did was recalculated. You should of remembered.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:21 PM | Message # 152
Hero
Group: Users
Quote Random260 ()
I get your logic but they can climb up the ladder plus I can make it so on the pro bot you gain more elo. When all the noobs  to pro they will also drop down aswell so it really counters each other.

sigh......random i give up

everyone understands these simple things except you
me and bond and f00ty all agree, we are smart people. just listen to us. i already tried explaining 500 times but you miss the point of the whole elo system and everything we are saying. im sorry but this takes too much of my time

Added (19-Jan-2014, 11:21 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Random260 ()
I can fix the leaderboard with a quick elo fix. I done it when the elo was screwed up ages ago. All I did was recalculated. You should of remembered.

you manually editing people's elos doesnt fix anything, it doesnt even remotely address the problem we're talking about lol...the only way to fix this problem is to have to ladders one with 0-0 1000 elo and one with same elo as now but cap of 1300

name: james mcgovern

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:23 PM | Message # 153
Head Administrator
its that the ELO AND WIN LOSS RECORD FROM THE NOOB BOT WILL BE USED TO CALCULATE NEW ELO ON THE PRO BOT
Trust me it will work everything sill work together I get what you are saying that some people will lose more and gain more then others. I will add a x2 elo or something like that so if you play on pro bot you gain more elo. Or we can make it once you get to 1300 we can make sure that the noob bot will not effect the old elo. Get what I am saying. So from 1300 everyone will start "fresh". But if not it should logically work.

But you are forgetting one thing. This method is used to aid noobs get higher or catch up. So if it is unfair on pro bot so be it if a pro losses more then other pros.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:28 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:27 PM | Message # 154
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
I will add a x2 elo or something like that so if you play on pro bot you gain more elo.
MULTIPLYING EVERYTHING BY 2 DOESNT BALANCE ANYTHING

IF WALTERS ELO GAIN VALUE IS 7 AND MY ELO GAIN VALUE IS 10 MULTIPLYING THEM BY TWO MEANS WALTER IS 14 AND I AM 20. IF ANYTHING THATS MORE IMBALANCED

god you suck at math/life/running a bot

Added (19-Jan-2014, 11:26 PM)
Quote Random260 ()
This system is used to aid noobs get higher or catch up.
that is not the point of the system AT ALL

Added (19-Jan-2014, 11:27 PM)
Quote Random260 ()
So if it is unfair on pro bot so be it if a pro losses more then other pros
that's the thing, you don't care about making a fair ELO system at all you just want to arbitrarily do whatever you feel like

power tripping idiot

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:27 PM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:29 PM | Message # 155
Head Administrator
It will logically work out.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:30 PM | Message # 156
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
It will logically work out.
no it won't and i just explained why in the posts right above that one

that's not even an argument its just a BS assertion

no offense but you have already screwed up ELO so much in the past year you will only make it worse by not listening to me and f00ty

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:31 PM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:33 PM | Message # 157
Head Administrator
Again this method is used to give pros a challange. Elo is too easy to climb thats what most people say. If we start fresh is is going to be harder for noobs to catch up. Lets say if we start fresh a person losses 5 elo. That's not alot for a noob to catch up but if we take old he will take 15. Now that I think about it if A person doesnt play on his main account for a while because he is scared to lose elo wil be deducted so it will force them to play. That fixes another problem.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:36 PM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:43 PM | Message # 158
Head Administrator
This also give a sense of Challeng for pros that if they lose they will get to tier 2. Imagine noobs taking so long to get to 1300 and losing and get back down to 1200.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:55 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:58 PM | Message # 159
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Again this method is used to give pros a challange. Elo is too easy to climb thats what most people say. If we start fresh is is going to be harder for noobs to catch up. Lets say if we start fresh a person losses 5 elo. That's not alot for a noob to catch up but if we take old he will take 15. Now that I think about it if A person doesnt play on his main account for a while because he is scared to lose elo wil be deducted so it will force them to play. That fixes another problem.

you completely miss the point
go re-read what i wrote please

Random260Date: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 0:09 AM | Message # 160
Head Administrator
Read my points

Message edited by Random260 - Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 1:17 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 0:35 AM | Message # 161
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
so what I am saying is that you are saying that once you get to 1300 you start 0-0 so it is fresh.
so you agree with me now?
ok good i am happy

can you write one post explaining everything you will do so i can make sure its good? thanks

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 0:36 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 0:55 AM | Message # 162
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
I don't think Random understands Cyray...
I have feeling Random is gonna do his way again and fuq up ELO even more.

I mean look at him. He ignores our requests of removing admins of B3P and Adam_CZ even after continuously caught maphacking, harassing, abusing adminship, etc.
Sigh,....I just wish Random would listen to the ACTUAL PLAYERS THAT PLAY for once.

On the flip side...
I don't understand a thing Random wrote on message #160. :P

Cyray@USEASTDate: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 0:59 AM | Message # 163
Hero
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
I don't think Random understands Cyray... I have feeling Random is gonna do his way again and fuq up ELO even more.

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
I don't understand a thing Random wrote on message #160. :P
me too

his writing skills are terrible

random already fuqqed up elo so much that it means nothing now. he is a terrible bot owner and this whole thing is a disaster because of him

i should have kept tdt bot up because at least it didnt have these idiotic problems

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 1:01 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 1:00 AM | Message # 164
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote Random260 ()
I already wrote why it is ok. But overall I think my modified idea is a great one.
Could you please give Cyray's idea a chance for once? Why not TRY the ELO style of Cyrays for the first three months? 
I already believe LONG LONG LONG time ago this 2 bot idea passed and YOU CLAIMED TO AGREE FOR 3 MONTHS. Never happened. Why? Cause you just behave your way at the end. Result?: More threads like this claiming ELO is EVEN MORE unbalanced.

Like Random, CAN YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN TO US FOR ONCE? You seem to agree EVERYTHING Cou and Bond says and NOTHING Cyray says. Like seriously, ...
Quote Random260 ()
Again this method is used to give pros a challange. Elo is too easy to climb thats what most people say. If we start fresh is is going to be harder for noobs to catch up.
This method is so RANDOM it doesnt even make sense.
Quote Random260 ()
But you are forgetting one thing. This method is used to aid noobs get higher or catch up. So if it is unfair on pro bot so be it if a pro losses more then other pros.
What on earth ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Cyray@USEASTDate: Monday, 20-Jan-2014, 1:02 AM | Message # 165
Hero
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
You seem to agree EVERYTHING Cou and Bond says and NOTHING Cyray says. Like seriously, ...

the sad part is...me cou and bond are all saying the EXACT SAME THING

but random will only listen when bond or cou says it, not when i say it

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<