Monday, 13-May-2024, 2:43 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 7 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:50 AM | Message # 91
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Not really, all it solved was one of our issue we still have two issue but one of them can be fixed with an updated chf. God damm my memory. But what happens if a pro wants to play with a noob ff. That is true about stacking it will fix it a little bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:53 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:53 AM | Message # 92
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Quote Random260 ()
Not really, all it solved was one of our issue we still have two issue but one of them can be fixed with an updated chf. God damm my memory. But what happens if a pro wants to play with a noob ff.
He can still create a new account.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:54 AM | Message # 93
Head Administrator
Why would a pro want to do that? Lets say he is a major elo player. But who care it is one sacrifice.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:54 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:55 AM | Message # 94
Hero
Group: Users
Quote Random260 ()
Not really, all it solved was one of our issue we still have two issue but one of them can be fixed with an updated chf. God damm my memory. But what happens if a pro wants to play with a noob ff. That is true about stacking it will fix it a little bit.
if a pro wants to play with a noob ff they can make alt account to play on noob bot.

also this solves FIVE MAJOR PROBLEMS not just ONE okay?

1. The bot fills too fast right now and its impossible to join. If you have two bots it will take games perhaps 3-5 minutes to fill which is ideal (this is about the same amount of time that takes to find a game in league of legends, dota 2, etc). Right now ClanHPMM bot games fill in under 30 seconds which makes it impossible to play with friends or even alone unless you have admin. Even though the new bot will have a smaller player base (~750 players according to calculations on 1-13-2014), since these are more experienced players I think they would be willing to wait a bit longer in order to play a higher skilled, inhouse-esque match. I know I would, and I've heard the same sentiment expressed by many of my pro level friends. 

2. Pros are discouraging new players from continuing to play the game because the new players just get stomped in 5 minutes. With a two tiered system, this problem would solve itself. 

3. Games are too easy for pro players, or even players above pub level (like people in Clan HPMM). I can't sign on battle.net and have an enjoyable game because the competition level is so low. Us pros have to organize our own games these days and its hard since lots of players play on private servers, US East, West, Europe, and Asia, and we can't easily communicate with them in chat. Having two bots would be a fantastic, automated solution to this issue. 

4. ELO doesn't show who the best players are. Right now [APF]-Walter, Vetealamierda, [APF]-Cesar, Terminator, and Nexsus are at the top of the ELO ladder. But I think we can all agree they are not the best players; all they do is make smurf accounts with negative ELO to boost their main accounts, mass games with tech rush, and abuse the broken ELO system. The best players are Soundwaves, Cou, Keep3r, F00ty_R3b0rn, and J.ST4X, but these players don't have the highest ELO because they don't mass games or use cheap tactics to boost. Keep3r isn't even on the front page because he started playing again after ELO was already around for a few months, so he couldn't enjoy getting easy ELO when all the pubs were still around 1,000. 

5. This will solve the problem of alts since only accounts with 25 games and over 1000+ ELO can join. Cou and Random260 have spent a lot of time having to track down alts trying to snipe people, and so getting rid of most alts would give them one less thing to worry about. It would also improve the ELO system as a whole.

Added (19-Jan-2014, 5:55 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Random260 ()
Why would a pro want to do that? Lets say he is a major elo player. But who care it is one sacrifice.
me and f00ty are pro and im sure we would have no problem making an alt account if we want to play on noob bot

name: james mcgovern

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:55 AM | Message # 95
Hero
I mean if A pro really want to play with a new player he can create a new account to play few games for fun. But like you said it don't happend often^^

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:00 AM | Message # 96
Hero
my biggest concern is same as random260: the new pro bot might not fill fast enough

i think we should make entrance requirements to the pro bot kind of low to make sure it fills, and then we can increase entrance requirements later on once people know about the new bot

maybe start with

only 10 wins required and 800 elo?

what do you guys think?

random could you give us some stats on:
how many players are above 700 elo?
how many players are above 800 elo?
how many above 900 elo?
how many above 1000 elo?
how many above 1100 elo?

the new bot needs to include at LEAST 1,000 players in it or theres no way its going to fill

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:02 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:02 AM | Message # 97
Head Administrator
Perfect elo requirement for now, 800 most players you see in the game is either above 1200 or going to negatives.. Hold on that means we need to change default elo? Cap at 1100 then since if it does get popular the requirement will have be 1100 elo to be redirected to pro. M

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:05 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:03 AM | Message # 98
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Perfect elo requirement. Hold on that means we need to change default elo? Cap at 1100 then since if it does get popular the requirement will have be 1100 elo.

thats ok. lets keep default elo 1,000 and make cap 1200.

cap isnt as important as minimum requirement anyway

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:04 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:05 AM | Message # 99
Head Administrator
Not 1200 it is too big of a jump it needs to be 1100 since 100 elo is kinda hard to get I guess. But then again do we want a pro bot or a semi pro pro bot. OFC cap isnt important since if you reach cap you automatically get redirected to pro. You can estimate in game.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:08 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:13 AM | Message # 100
Hero
- 900 ELO required
- 25 wins (Doesn't matter if they are 2 leaderboards and you keep the old one so keep it at 25 wins)
- 1200 CAP or 1100 like you want boss :P

Good and SHORT advertising

I like the name [PRO]custom hero foots but people won't understand why they can't join pro bot.

You have to do [PRO]Custom Hero Foots # with [PUBS]Custom Hero Foots #
Or T1 Custom Hero Foots # with T2 Custom Hero Foots

Added (19-Jan-2014, 6:13 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Let's start with my figures and then can you add some adjustment

Message edited by F00ty_R3b0rn - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:12 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:15 AM | Message # 101
Head Administrator
This is just starting it is 800 elo and 10 wins. We will decide the future when we get to it the game name is for the pro hostbot is [PRO]Custom Hero Foots but we keep the game name of clanHPMM custom hero footies. Since most players on garena only recognize our hostbot with the game name. We are having 1 leader board lol.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:30 AM | Message # 102
Hero
Random we need 2 leaderboards because in the ELO calculation formula your old ELO and your old Win rate score will be used to calculate your new ELO rank if there is only 1 leaderboard.

Keep old leaderboard for tier 2 bot with anyone above 1200 brought down to 1200.
And new leaderboard for tier 1 bot with
- 1 000 ELO start
- 0 win / 0 loses

Also, we have to keep the minimum requirement at 25 wins.
Only NEW players / accounts will need to get 25 wins since we are keeping the current leaderboard... It's too easy to get to 10 wins so this won't discourage alts enough.

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 6:56 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 7:07 AM | Message # 103
Hero
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
Random we need 2 leaderboards because in the ELO calculation formula your old ELO and your old Win rate score will be used to calculate your new ELO rank if there is only 1 leaderboard.Keep old leaderboard for tier 2 bot with anyone above 1200 brought down to 1200.
And new leaderboard for tier 1 bot with
- 1 000 ELO start
- 0 win / 0 loses

Also, we have to keep the minimum requirement at 25 wins.
Only NEW players / accounts will need to get 25 wins since we are keeping the current leaderboard... It's too easy to get to 10 wins so this won't discourage alts enough.

Yup this is it. Thanks to translate my thoughs properly^^

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 7:22 AM | Message # 104
Head Administrator
No we don't. We keep the same. We are having the same elo so with the new hostbot you will start with 1700 elo so this new system will allow noobs to catch up easier and pro's elo harder... We are not resetting the elo. I know what I am doing. I still think is 25 wins is too high. We need to make it low then raise. So about 15. Right now we are introducing not really trying to fix problems.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 7:30 AM

SOUNDWAVESDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 7:29 AM | Message # 105
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
last night I met apf team under alt socotroco. they were really pissed at their elo.
they said it's present for cou and they were expecting vs TAS.
Idk but I believe we need 2nd asap. random please take cyrays advice.
he is smart english teacher.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 7:30 AM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<