Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 5:06 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

CHF not working with WC3 update 1.27 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » CHF not working with WC3 update 1.27
CHF not working with WC3 update 1.27
Bond009Date: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 4:02 PM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I am aware of it and I will be fixing it as fast as I can, problem is atm i am temp IP banned from bnet because of my bots i assume so i have to wait for a while before i can get the update to see what it has done to the map. This was suppose to come out Thursday which would have been much more convenient for this..

This happened to many maps back in the day when 1.24 came out. It broke many maps that used jass and vjass in versions 1.23 and below. it changed the coding structures and added things that caused other things to break. i thought this was the same thing and the map wouldn't load at all but from what im reading it sounds more like the update only affected certain parts of the game. So this might be because they changed portions of the code in the engine so now when something worked before now with their change the game cant read the code that addressed those lines of code so i'll have to rewrite some portions. But first i'll need to get the update so i can pinpoint the issues.

I need as much info as you guys can give me on what exactly seems broken so i know all the places to look for the problems and hopefully notice a pattern quickly. otherwise i'll need to look through 10's of thousands of lines worth of code.

Kaelth_Date: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 4:38 PM | Message # 2
Rifleman
Group: Users
Awards: 0
how can I help you ?
bond009

• leandryiuz •

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 9:35 PM | Message # 3
Zombie Pirate
Group: Game Mod
Quote Bond009 ()
It broke many maps that used jass and vjass in versions 1.23 and below.
Yeah makes sense
Quote Bond009 ()
I need as much info as you guys can give me on what exactly seems broken so i know all the places to look for the problems and hopefully notice a pattern quickly.
So we provide you with the info here O.o ?
Nvm read your post on the other thread

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Message edited by lotrrotk - Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 9:36 PM

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 9:38 PM | Message # 4
Overall Site Owner
help by making a list of things that dont work and categorize it into spells/items/whatever else doesnt work. that way i can look at each thing that got messed up. So far it seems something got messed up with object data values which i have no idea why they would do that.
Does anyone have a full list of changes? i heard map size was changed from 8MB to 64MB? if thats the case maybe they changes the values on max objects that can be placed in a map and they had to change the object data values from 4 chars to 5 or 6 which screwed everything up. not sure yet.

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 9:46 PM | Message # 5
Zombie Pirate
Quote Bond009 ()
i heard map size was changed from 8MB to 64MB?
 That was just a hoax 
Quote Bond009 ()
Does anyone have a full list of changes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning

Known Issues
- Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin
- Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring 
- Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode
- Cyrillic characters are still not displaying
- Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved
- Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported
- Mac build does not support the editor

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 10:10 PM | Message # 6
Overall Site Owner
wow thats it.. it already worked with win8 and 10 lol not great but good enough they didnt even do anything to improve the game.. :/

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 15-Mar-2016, 11:20 PM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Quote Bond009 ()
wow thats it.. it already worked with win8 and 10 lol not great but good enough they didnt even do anything to improve the game.. :/
They did say that, "It'll be a series of updates" so maybe they might change things in a few months

Added (15-Mar-2016, 11:20 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote Bond009 ()
I need as much info
 Here's the info I can provide you with for now (This information was collected with Web-Ghost's help because testing stuff alone is boring)
List of items that don't work + descriptions as to what happens on usage

• Dust of appearance (after being used this item has no effect but it appears as if someone else used it on you (it says your hero is under dust)
  • Mana potion + mana stone (no effect on usage, item is consumed but nothing happens)
  • Speed scroll (The sign appears above your head but your speed remains the same)
  • Wand of Negation (or was it called something else), (your mouse disappears when you try to use it)
  • Scroll of the Beast (roar) (same as mana items, nothing happens on usage, it just consumes it)
  • Rod of envy (Hero is literally put to perma sleep, his health doesn't decrease and he never wakes up, although you can dispel the sleep icon and wake him up the user still remains invulnerable and unable to move or use any ability/item) (please note this item was used by a peasant as a hero was unable to do so)
  • Potion of Invulnerability (this item gives you permanent invulnerability + it also stacks with the so called divine shield ability)
  • Wand of illusion (this item creates illusions of any unit forever, they never disappear)
  • Thor hammer + base vault (Hero is unable to use these items at all)

List of abilities that don't work as they're supposed to (incomplete list, not all the abilities have been tested)
  • Divine Shield (the icon is not available as it says the tool tip is missing, after clicking on the tooltip icon you are granted permanent invulnerability) (This tooltip icon can be activated anytime and is considered the same as windwalk, for example you can cast earthquake while being invulnerable and your invulnerability will disappear but you can click on the icon and become perma invulnerable again while still casting earthquake, this works for all ultis)

Still testing for more, hope this helps

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Message edited by lotrrotk - Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 4:17 AM

RyanC010Date: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 0:36 AM | Message # 8
Rifleman
Quote lotrrotk ()
Potion of Invulnerability (this item gives you permanent invulnerability + it also stacks with the so called divine shield ability)
that is true, except the invulnerability does go away if you use an ultimate spell such as: Sea of Flames. Although, if you use the potion and use transmute, you will stay invulnerable. So it seems there are some ultimate spells that will let you stay invulnerable and some that wont.
Quote lotrrotk ()
Wand of illusion (this item creates illusions of any unit forever, although they don't have any dmg, they never disappear)
I'm not sure if by "they never disappear" you also meant they never take damage except for dispelling them.

Healing salves also don't have any effect, doesn't even let you use it.

Message edited by RyanC010 - Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 0:45 AM

lotrrotkDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 0:49 AM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Quote RyanC010 ()
I'm not sure if by "they never disappear" you also meant they never take damage except for dispelling them.
I'd suggest you test it out yourself before saying you're not sure :/
You can't dispel them (when could you ever dispel illusions O.o)
they don't take any dmg
they stay forever 
Quote RyanC010 ()
So it seems there are some ultimate spells that will let you stay invulnerable and some that wont.
yes but it stacks with divine shield that can let you stay invul even when using some ulits

Added (16-Mar-2016, 0:49 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Don't confuse it with mirror images, I'm talking about illusions here and they can't be dispelled to begin with

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Message edited by lotrrotk - Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 0:49 AM

Web-GhostDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 3:52 AM | Message # 10
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
ALL of this was tested vs ai on different modes(debug mode was enabled in most of the test), everything is ok if a worker uses it

[img][/img]

Web-GhostDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 4:18 AM | Message # 11
Head Administrator
information was collected by team Web 
lotrrotk is in team web

[img][/img]

Dan-Date: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 8:55 AM | Message # 12
Hero
no more chf?

Web-GhostDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 10:10 AM | Message # 13
Head Administrator
Quote Bond009 ()
pattern quickly
set the nature of heroes as workers with 6 slots for items, xp bar and no spell shield :3

BOND009 i found out the problem READ MY PM
(due to a few complicate reason i can't discuss the problem here)

when the game is ending the bugs are gone weird %)
nvm that ^
hero which do not go through the spell room( the ones who have there spells by default like Demon Hunter) are not bugged

[img][/img]

Message edited by Web-Ghost - Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 11:04 AM

l3etuceDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 12:00 PM | Message # 14
Grunt
wow I hope I can be more techy like web and smart like lotrock. I'll love to try testing but I guess I am limited to do it

I love green leetuce

Adam_CZDate: Wednesday, 16-Mar-2016, 1:05 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Quote Dan- ()
no more chf?

thats not bad idea... maybe finally some people will get a life and they will leave their house and go outside

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » CHF not working with WC3 update 1.27
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<