Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 3:32 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

@Bond009 Blizzard is recruiting. You might see here a chance - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » @Bond009 Blizzard is recruiting. You might see here a chance (Chf)
@Bond009 Blizzard is recruiting. You might see here a chance
mehrquackDate: Monday, 04-Jul-2016, 1:32 PM | Message # 1
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
I am just saying Chf is a game with great potential. Yes it has balance issues but they can be fixed. For example you could remove deadly wards, limiting the amount of newts ( i don't know how to write their name correctly), weaken the damage of vengeance spirits ( i mean the little ones), remove donation or at least reduce the amount of gold you get per unit , auto shuffle teams etc....

Look.... DOTA started also as a  mod in WC3 and where is it now? Chf in the most part is a relative well designed game which provides a lot of fun. The concept of it wasn't exploited yet  by big gaming companies. Maybe you should bring chf to the next level by cooperating with Blizzard.
If all goes well you might become a rich person.. Just saying

Here is the European Link. I think there is also link for the US:

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/careers/

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

andrewwhatucallitDate: Monday, 04-Jul-2016, 1:48 PM | Message # 2
Rifleman
Group: Users
lol why blizzard would just make a bastardized version of it and in reality blizzard would want all the money....your better going off with another gaming company and I agree the concept of footies has monetary value.....

Priest-Of-SinDate: Monday, 04-Jul-2016, 4:56 PM | Message # 3
Hero
i think blizz will be ok with this concept of chf...and also blizz will teach anyone whos willing to learn.and yea blizz will take more then 50% (more like 90% if you ask me) but what the hell you will make more money then you make right now + learning new usefull stuff.btw dota2 lost great deal vs heroes of the storm

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 3:59 AM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Quote Priest-Of-Sin ()
i think blizz will be ok with this concept of chf...and also blizz will teach anyone whos willing to learn.and yea blizz will take more then 50% (more like 90% if you ask me) but what the hell you will make more money then you make right now + learning new usefull stuff.btw dota2 lost great deal vs heroes of the storm
I don't want to be rude but this is a pretty bad idea.

First, Bond has a stable well-paying career with his computer hardware engineering side.
Second, for those who are actually rather experienced with the computer world, they should know right off that gaming industries are infamous for paying low to their programmers relative to other types of companies.
Switching to a gaming industry like Blizzard would mean almost one-fourth of the current salary Bond makes. And as gaming industries are less stable (long-term) than hardware industries (and also more stressful), Bond gets almost no benefits working for Blizzard.

As of the "new concept of CHF" idea, no.
Once that happens, CHF would no longer be Bond's game and since "Blizzard" made it, Bond would get almost no bonus to his new salary after the first two years.

So, what Bond gains from doing this is:
1. One-fourth of current salary Bond makes (maybe closer to one-half than one-fourth since Blizzard is a relatively "richer gaming company")
2. Less stable career (higher risk to get fired)
3. More stress and workload
4. A restart of reputation he has to build in the 'new company'
5. No credits for the game as it is not his idea but "Blizzard's" overall

And no company is insane to give you 10% of all profits. This isn't i-banking for pete's sake. This is a gaming industry, the LEAST paying industry in all of computer fields.

So ya, next time before you make these types of quotes, please be INFORMED of the industry itself. The gaming industry itself is a poor one and if you ever aspired to work for a gaming industry one day, just give up. The field is super over-saturated and not only is there constant change of losing employment (relative to the other computer fields), you barely get paid in relative to the other computer fields if you do a similar job. -.-

Added (05-Jul-2016, 3:59 AM)
---------------------------------------------
That said, you guys do know the concept of footies existed before custom hero footies right?
Custom hero footies is an idea taken from the original footies game developed by Windalblizzard (and HatoUPPPPPPPPP)

Custom hero footies is pretty much custom hero line wars + footmen frenzy.
Now, in case you don't know, there are some footmen frenzy versions which are just as "fun" as the current custom hero footies. Go play certain versions of ultimate footmen frenzy. So many heroes (and so many imbalances). Imagine those heroes in custom hero footies ;-)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 4:00 AM

mehrquackDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 4:18 AM | Message # 5
Grunt
He doesn't have to work. He could make money with his license.

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 8:33 AM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
Quote mehrquack ()
He doesn't have to work. He could make money with his license.
You don't understand the concept of "license" do you? :/

Sigh. No he can't.
Sorry to break it to you but the world isn't simple.
It's not "this should work cause I think it does". It's more of "check yourself"

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 11:02 AM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Group: Game Mod
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
and HatoUPPPPPPPPP

I'm pretty sure there were more "U"s
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
next time before you make these types of quotes, please be INFORMED

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
It's not "this should work cause I think it does". It's more of "check yourself"

Now now Rosa you shouldn't be so rude

Quote mehrquack ()
If all goes well you might become a rich person.. Just saying

That's a huge "might"
It's like risking everything he has right now
But meh Bond never seemed like that kind of a person (One who would pursue a career in developing chf to the "next level")

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Message edited by lotrrotk - Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 11:02 AM

l3lackownageDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 11:06 AM | Message # 8
Grunt
didnt know Bond had a mouthpiece

andrewwhatucallitDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 2:16 PM | Message # 9
Rifleman
Rosario are u always an unlikeable punk ass b1tch like really u are always the voice of reason and your opinions are always the right opinions LOL ive seen ur posts on  the internet forum their seems to be a growing trend here....I think when in doubt we should ask Rosario for his opinion because his is truth..just like how you are a pro in footies and have it all figured out? I wonder if we did a poll and see how many people actually like u..... tongue

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 5:13 PM | Message # 10
Zombie Pirate
Quote andrewwhatucallit ()
bass n1tch

Please try to censor your cool way of expressing your feelings in a manner through which the word is hard to depict
I wonder if we did a poll and see how many people actually like u.....

On a forum that's barely active?
Also is Adam recruiting :O

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

AllstarJonesDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 5:57 PM | Message # 11
Grunt
you guys realize bond already has the right to the game no one else could make it and blizzards editor is unsupported so they cant even claim any portion of profits from the creation of the game, also the game doesnt need more balance just add ons the game states ''remember this is custom you bring the balance to the force'' i already sent him the perfect ''layout of a succesful game'' and can get the engine to make it from unity for free, it just takes time and money but its more of a pride thing doing it himself and showing its his creation where he can remain in full control

Often imitated Never Duplicated

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 0:47 AM | Message # 12
Robotic Ninja
like really u are always the voice of reason and your opinions are always the right opinion
There is a difference between being informed and not being informed about a topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol....oftware
http://www.nbcnews.com/id....t-39mzc
http://kotaku.com/why-game-developers-keep-getting-laid-off-1583192249
https://games.slashdot.org/story....ndustry
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-....gineers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAO21FHtqSw <- A good link for those of you who have no idea how the gaming industry works
I am rather familiar with the tech industry. In fact, I have to as my degree is math and computer science.
Out of all the tech worlds out there for a "programmer", I know from many of my peers and the news that those very programmers are paid less RELATIVE to the programmers in other fields.
Gaming industries are volatile. Some years the games sell well, some years not so well.
It doesn't help that there is a HUGE supply in the market who wants to be "game programmers" in the tech industry. Through supply-demand (a VERY basic idea), what you then get is then a huge supply for the gaming company for a limited amount of spots available. In other words, due to this "supply-demand" idea, gaming industries can LOWER the salary programmers earn relative to the other fields because the field itself (gaming industries) are saturated.
Sure, compared to social workers and most other professions, gaming developers EARN a lot. However, RELATIVE to other programmers or engineers, gaming developers EARN LESS for MORE stress.

Good?
Yes, I understand Blizzard is one of the larger and safer companies for gaming that pays a lot. STILL, you can probably earn more as a "software developer" or "hardware engineer" in another company. That's simply the truth.
Why are so many un-informed chf players butt-hurt whenever I shed a bit of truth? Last week, some idiot on twitch was arguing how everyone should aspire to be a gamer since pro gamers earn a lot. When I tried to explain to him that is for the very very very few, he ended up getting mad cause he couldn't fathom to understand the fact that most pro gamers don't earn much (some even much less than McDonald once you plug in the number of hours invested).

There is a difference between "acting like I am the voice of reason" and actually "using reason unlike most other immature members" in this forum. Being ignorant of the world does not help.
Bond ditching his work for CHF has more risks in losing than gaining. In fact, the chance of him gaining is rather minute so unless you are going to be doing all of the grunt work for Bond, don't bother replying with such obtuse statements like this. 'k?

Just let Bond decide himself. Maybe you are right and Bond making CHF a separate game would cause him to be extremely wealthy. However, the odds are against him and considering Bond doesn't put as much time as he used to in this game, I believe Bond isn't as motivated to make the game as when he was in college.

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 0:58 AM

BajsHoranDate: Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 0:55 AM | Message # 13
Ninja
Im not in this world... To live up to your expections... Neither are you here... To live up to mine...
Dont underestimate my abbilty.  Do no belittle my authoroties its time that you recognize my qualities :)

This is Bonds map he can do whaever he want with it. He also has a job and a wedding comming up. So gime give some space. Cause he is what he is  what he  is :)

Green Man - im so jeallous of ur elo

andrewwhatucallitDate: Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 1:26 AM | Message # 14
Rifleman
that whole paragraph just screams me me me and how much I know more than u and my opinion is the best one and ur all idiots....you already know ur a fag Rosario...look at that paragraph read it objectively...need I say more... :p...look how it starts "as a matter of fact I have math and computer science..blablabla" you seem to have a huge superiority complex here ..are u a tolerabole person in real life? wacko

Message edited by andrewwhatucallit - Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 1:28 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 2:59 AM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Cute :)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Wednesday, 06-Jul-2016, 3:06 AM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » @Bond009 Blizzard is recruiting. You might see here a chance (Chf)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501