Saturday, 18-May-2024, 7:14 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
AL_GIDate: Thursday, 09-Jan-2014, 10:57 PM | Message # 16
Zombie Pirate
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Please find a way to remove or to change that because I am not having fun olaying this game anymore

I lost a lot of friends because of that cry

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Random260Date: Thursday, 09-Jan-2014, 11:04 PM | Message # 17
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
The thing is there was always stacking the reason why it may seem less is because the hostbot filled slower or faster. The games you go to you only see stacked go to any random pub game and they do not stack. It is your fault that your friends left you not all pros go to one game tell that person to play with you before then going in and asking. He most likely has a team. Or if you were in his team and he swapped you down then go make new friends lol. As for adam didn't you see he abused ages ago? What you are saying is adam never abused his admin before elo? But if he swapped you to his team then idk. I will think of an idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Thursday, 09-Jan-2014, 11:07 PM

AL_GIDate: Thursday, 09-Jan-2014, 11:49 PM | Message # 18
Zombie Pirate
LooooooooooL thats so funny what you are saying,

You don't even know what O am talking about,

I said that my team (friends) left me because of there ELO, they dont play for fun anymore

And Random260, I never saw you in a game so how can you know if people stack or don't, there is no sense

Added (09-Jan-2014, 11:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
And you are telling me to nake new friends loooool, No

This guys are my old friends and they were cool, so why will I find new friends because the reason is ELO and rank.....

Added (09-Jan-2014, 11:49 PM)
To nake loool i mean to find sorry for the mistake haha

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 1:43 AM | Message # 19
Robotic Ninja
The concept of ELO is good. Actually, I love the ELO system conceptual wise.

However, the world isn't the ideal world. We don't live in a "perfect" society.
This ain't "Communist Manifesto" by Marx where he believes a certain "system" could bring perfect balance to the world

Nope, this is the REAL world and the REAL world doesn't work like that.
The problem with ELO is that it encourages SUPER SUPER stacking. 

Actually, even the "admins" encourage SUPER SUPER stacking.
And do you know what SUPER SUPER stacking encourages in CHF? More stacking and discouragement to newer players to keep playing chf because everytime they join a game:
1. Their heros get sniped.
2. They lose mass.
3. They lose bases too quick and nothing is fun.
4. Repeat 1-4

I don't really think the issue is the ELO system. I think the real issue is that ELO system has a POINT system. The point system brings FALSE comparisons in chf.
Why not just keep the current ELO system WITHOUT the point system? Just the win/loss records and replay records?
Do you really need the "rank" and the "points"?

Also, could you remove like one fourth  the admins there are currently? This bot has so many unnecessary admins who don't do anything but promote SUPER SUPER stacking and admin abuse
(not the say that some of the admins maphack 24/7 rofl)

FirNesSDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 2:11 AM | Message # 20
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Quote Cou ()
Firn are you sure they just werent pubs randomly playing together? Alot of pubs improved and alot of us agree that its gettiing harder to solo, unless you consider proper games that you must have retard allies in each team? What do you want ? Chf is a team game. 80 % of my games are solo but I agree Id rather have good allies. If players need help, I always go out my way to help
Well the admin swapped the 2 others, so no they weren't pubs randomly playing together x)
Plus one of my mate left at start, the other right before mass after having suicided all his foots and his hero. ^^

Added (10-Jan-2014, 2:11 AM)
Oh and Cou, if people only stack it's for their W/L ratio.

Quote AL_GI ()
And Random260, I never saw you in a game so how can you know if people stack or don't, there is no sense
Everything has been said. biggrin

FireHartDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 2:22 AM | Message # 21
Hero
ELO: a ranking system that requires stack and changes ur playing style e.g. I would support someone if I was being carried with firebolt hex and nova but when solo I am in control and choose a BA strat or if ssd mauler. Ars is a another story but w/e.

CouDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 7:25 AM | Message # 22
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
Just as random says, if someone betrays you for elo, they weren't really your friends to begin with. Simple as that lol.

Elo might not be everyone but then again, dota and COD elo isn't for everyone either lol. If elo is that bad, then why not play on assasins bot for the fun of it? Or boiko bot, achfd bot etc. lol

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

gigasus91Date: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 8:23 AM | Message # 23
Grunt
Group: Users
Quote Cou ()
lo might not be everyone but then again, dota and COD elo isn't for everyone either lol. If elo is that bad, then why not play on assasins bot for the fun of it? Or boiko bot, achfd bot etc. lol

assassin lags ; boiko full of noobs.

O_o]-PrincipVDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 8:48 AM | Message # 24
Grunt
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
wink  I always said that about Elo and rank is trash, save codes honestly is more fun and healthier smile

Call Me Messi I was The ex Best Player

Random260Date: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 9:12 AM | Message # 25
Head Administrator
Anyways. I can see the games running and can see the people on there team. I have modified swap command this should solve 25 percent of this issue. The swap command is disabled on countdown. I understand it does promote stacking however, this is a sacrifice for the elo system. Just as adding garena I am sure most of you would have complained garena ruined the chf since there is now too many noobs but that is the sacrifice. In life there must be a negative to every positive reaction (Newtons theory) ....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 9:42 AM

AL_GIDate: Friday, 10-Jan-2014, 5:24 PM | Message # 26
Zombie Pirate
Thanks Random260 for ths modification it could help a bit

@Cou lol i dont know if you know what is a friend .... When you play 3 years or more with a guy and he is in your team and just leave because he wants better elo or rank it not cool...

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bond009Date: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 0:12 AM | Message # 27
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote ic3dt3a ()
Elo system only encourages more stacking. A possible fix could be to only apply elo loss/increase to registered users on your site. This would prevent elo sniping via alts and would also increase activity on your site. I've considered posting something on there since the smaller number of users would be able to properly communicate without interruption of spammers, providing somewhat intelligent conversation and generate good ideas/possible balance.

Stacking is actually bad for ELO, it is based on a teams over all elo score. so if your team has someone with 1200 and 1400 and 1300 and you vs teams with less than 1000 you will gain very little elo when you win becuz your team is stacked, as where if you lose the low elo team will gain more elo from you. That concept is pretty balanced.. but ppl playing for wins and losses % ratio, thats where the incentive for stacking comes into play. Its really hard to think of how to make it better or 'fix' it.

MonsterDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 0:18 AM | Message # 28
Hero
Group: Users
Bond, this world isn't perfect. No one will play the correct way. Just get rid of ELO.

#prayforpalestine

TangerineSkyDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 2:09 AM | Message # 29
Pirate
Group: Friends
Explains why roy only gains .000001% stacking ajaja

ZiZi-____-ZiZiDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 5:02 AM | Message # 30
Hero
Quote Bond009 ()
Stacking is actually bad for ELO, it is based on a teams over all elo score. so if your team has someone with 1200 and 1400 and 1300 and you vs teams with less than 1000 you will gain very little elo when you win becuz your team is stacked, as where if you lose the low elo team will gain more elo from you. That concept is pretty balanced.. but ppl playing for wins and losses % ratio, thats where the incentive for stacking comes into play. Its really hard to think of how to make it better or 'fix' it.

This is a calculation If all the enemy have about 600-1100 elo :

1200 + 1400 + 1300 elo = yu win and geting only 1-3 elo

Just one very bad elo [pro player alt Accaunt], rising elo strong enough,how?

Here are answers :

1200 elo + 1400 elo + 1 alt acc [- 200 elo] geting elo 6-10 per game
1400 elo + alt -200 elo + alt - 500 elo geting alo 10-15 per game
And you get easy good elo biggrin

If you have a strong 2000 elo there is a possibility easy elo raising the same
2000 elo + alt -200 elo and -500 elo getting elo 8-14 per game

How to make a better elo :

It should make it small elo example -200 elo not rising so much elo, that's all.
Anything less than 500 elo that does not affect to raise extra elo.

You get:

1.fairer elo, harder to cheat
2.less alt account
3.more friendly gaming

CHF for life :) ^^

Message edited by ZiZi-____-ZiZi - Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 8:17 AM

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<