Wednesday, 08-May-2024, 7:08 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people - Page 3 - Forum

• Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
b3pDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 11:19 AM | Message # 31
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
I am ok for remove ELO system too dry

b3p

SOUNDWAVESDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 9:09 PM | Message # 32
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote Bond009 ()
Stacking is actually bad for ELO, it is based on a teams over all elo score. so if your team has someone with 1200 and 1400 and 1300 and you vs teams with less than 1000 you will gain very little elo when you win becuz your team is stacked, as where if you lose the low elo team will gain more elo from you. That concept is pretty balanced.. but ppl playing for wins and losses % ratio, thats where the incentive for stacking comes into play. Its really hard to think of how to make it better or 'fix' it.

lol actually that's not ture.
some sad players who really care about there elo makes lose on purpose account which is low elo and they share it and stacking to boost their elo.
i.e) some apfs like walter ceasar and adam_cz, roystom and so on.
also there is already possible way to solve this problem.
reset current earned elo and just like icedtea said, let only registered acc gets elo and only registered acc affects allies elo. so when you win full of unregistered group then no score. then both registered and unregistred group can enjoy their game.
besides there won't be some alt sniping if registering requires permission by admin with 1 person/ip per 1 acc.
under this system owner can make some events like  top5 or top10 can have admin while they are on the list. then this ladder might be more competive for top ranked players. because they would try hard to keep their privilege.

anyways @ thread starter Al_gi.
elo is nothing to do with relation between friends. I don't know who was your friend and who did you lost but if your friend turned back for elo then it wasn't your friend. they were already rotten players before elo. I know someone exactly.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 9:12 PM

[-FTL-]RoyStoMDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 9:41 PM | Message # 33
Pirate
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
i.e) some apfs like walter ceasar and adam_cz, roystom and so on.
lol  I play at a time and train my pupil   [fotties]md  ,   adam rare game time 

other example is : soundwaves + osetinas really sad life + armenas + new alt + new alt + new alt ETC ETC or no is true ???

SOUNDWAVESDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 11:19 PM | Message # 34
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote [-FTL-]RoyStoM ()
other example is : soundwaves + osetinas really sad life + armenas + new alt + new alt + new alt ETC ETC or no is true ???

lol we don't waste our time at losing games on purpose to make low elo account while you guys create those to rig your score.
also we never asked to remove our loss by d/c, desynced, and against cheaters.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 11:22 PM

[-FTL-]RoyStoMDate: Saturday, 11-Jan-2014, 11:40 PM | Message # 35
Pirate
tell me my account created? would lose no time in doing that  . may exist but it is not mine [-FTL-] sharen. aka michaelpridee but that has donated to the adam

I'm not stupid enough to cheat others in disgust give

AL_GIDate: Sunday, 12-Jan-2014, 1:43 AM | Message # 36
Zombie Pirate
lol it not ELO that encourage stacking but ranking.....

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Monday, 13-Jan-2014, 9:09 AM | Message # 37
Hero
I'm not saying ELO is a bad system but I guess none has really understood why ELO is a bit rigged in CHF.

1/ ELO couldn't works properly in CHF because they are 4 teams who are made randomly or not (=Stack) :
    - If you stack you would have a better rank even if you earn less ELO per game.
    - And this :
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
some sad players who really care about there elo makes lose on purpose account which is low elo and they share it and stacking to boost their elo.

2/ Another fact is that FOR A PUB each game his mates change. For an admin it's different because he can use swap.
Not everyone is playing WITH SAME conditions. And even if you stack you could be less stacked than another team.
For example :
    - It's not always premade team vs premade team like for example APF vs TAS
    - It's also premade team (or Stack) vs RANDOM PUBS
    - Random players vs random players

-> Another way to say it, is that players should be shuffled EVERY SINGLE GAME (with W / R + Elo or level system like ladder) but this shuffle system SHOULD WORKS properly (or it's useless) and it's an bad idea because everyone enjoy to play with his friends.

There are too many random factors (In lobby) and then too much place / space to luck in game CHF.
Works better in dota for example because there are only 2 teams even if players could use swap also.
It's pretty hard to explain it when you can't speak fluently english...

PS to bot moderators (just an idea) : If they are too much ban abuse you could remove this command and just allow some trust players to do it because I have seen a lot of ban abuse...
Then If you really wanna ban someone (for abuse) you could create a little thread.

Added (13-Jan-2014, 9:09 AM)
---------------------------------------------
test

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » Random Chat » ELO and rank ruined the game and the relation between people
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501