Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 10:01 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 5 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:37 AM | Message # 61
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote Random260 ()
I'm I child? I'm not the one that couldn't counter argue in a civil manner. You just hypothetically ignored it like a child. Yeah, I need bonds input and cous.

they both already gave their input and are in support of 2 tier system

and I ALREADY ANSWERED YOUR ARGUMENTS IN THESE THREADS I JUST DONT WANT TO WRITE FIVE PARAGRAPHS AGAIN EXPLAINING IT

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/19-3266-1 

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/19-3269-1

name: james mcgovern

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:52 AM | Message # 62
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
I'm not saying that right now we know who is the #1 player but it is more accurate if everyone played on hostbot to judge that. Since pros may play on noob hostbot. But it is more accurate then 2 hostbot to decide who is best chf player. And no it will not fill it already take 6 mins to fill chf hostbot I dare you host any game on bondbot and see how fast that fills it will not even fill 1 game not even joking. But please take your time to counter argue I have done so. Don't be a child.

Plus this whole alts thing is blown our of proportion. Lets just like on a random game shall we and lets see the alts. Whats the difference if a team has 2 new accounts and 1 pro. It is actually less elo because default elo is 1000 which beats 75 percent of players. The problem is 2 negative elo and a pro. But lets pick any random game and see the alts:

http://playchf.tk/game/100878/

Yes there are two alts on 7654 team but they have 1000 elo which doesn't really boost 7654 that much compared to negative elo.

http://playchf.tk/game/100877/

again nothing that bad except a new account. But that doesn't matter since that elo is high. But also a 800 account but that is not an alt is is just any random player

http://playchf.tk/game/100876/

same thing

http://playchf.tk/game/100875/

same thing not really abuse random pub

see if we keep going it is the same reasons. It is blown out of proportion the abuses happen in like every 10 games and so. And somehow happens which only certain players. Just ask a random pub they dont see abusers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:55 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 1:21 AM | Message # 63
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Since pros may play on noob hostbot

READ MY OTHER LONG ASS POSTS
noob hostbot will have ELO cap of 1300 so nobody can get higher on that bot

so rank wont even matter in that bot
READ
MY
OTHER POSTS

ALTS ARE ONE OF LIKE 10 DIF PROBLEMS WITH CURRENT ELO SYSTEM BUT U DONT READ MY LONG POSTS ABOUT IT

CAN YOU PLEASE GO READ THEM GOD

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 1:23 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 1:25 AM | Message # 64
Head Administrator
You just ignored my post completely noob hostbot will have a cap duh I know. But you assume that would mean pros will play on pros will play on pro hostbot. I read your post an the thread was filled with good points but it has flaws.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 1:37 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:03 AM | Message # 65
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
You just ignored my post completely noob hostbot will have a cap duh I know. But you assume that would mean pros will play on pros will play on pro hostbot. I read your post an the thread was filled with good points but it has flaws.

bond is on my side

hes the boss
thats all that matters
tier 2/1 coming soon no matter what little random says
gg no re

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:10 AM | Message # 66
Head Administrator
Yes totally you seem to forget he hasn't seen these couple of post yet and hasn't replied since then... And you call me a child? rolleyes . You seem to be forgetting alot of factors. Still not counter argument how sad... But watch your dream turn into dust when reality kicks in.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:13 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:27 AM | Message # 67
Hero
Yes totally you seem to forget he hasn't seen these couple of post yet and hasn't replied since then... And you call me a child? . You seem to be forgetting alot of factors. Still not counter argument how sad... But watch your dream turn into dust when reality kicks in.

you seem to be power tripping

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:33 AM

Bond009Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 3:55 AM | Message # 68
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
k so i replied to random with this but i figured it would be good for all to see it so they kinda know what a plan could be.

ok i skimmed through it, i think the ClanHPMM bot atm is fine for the most part.. their is problems with ppl snipping elo and catching ppl off guard with alts and ppl abusing elo by making loss accounts and then having those loss accounts play with them to make them gain a lot more elo from a win even if they vs noobs.
ppl use to do this type of thing in ladder in 2v2s, make an account with major losses and bad % and then 2 pros play together (1 on real name and 1 on loss account) and get fast ez wins.

So that is the main issue. I have talked it over with cou and cyray and think it is a good thing to have the 2 tier bot. It seemed to work well for ent's LTD bots so we can kinda follow that mold but with a few alterations.

What i think would be perfect would be have the ELO cap off at like 1500 on ClanHPMM bot so pubs can play on that bot and ppl can get to their 1500 elo if they want too for fun. and it will continue to track wins/losses but max out at 1500 elo.
Then to continue on have like a ClanHPMM2 or ClanHPMM.HR that will be the HR bot (High Rank) and no one will be allowed to enter that bot unless they have at least like 1100-1150 elo on ClanHPMM bot. So it will be like the more pro bot for stacked teams and this will protect vs ppl sniping elo and making alt accounts to abuse ppl playing and also will protect vs elo abusing with making loss accounts to play on a team with. smile
In theory it doesn't get any better than this.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 4:37 AM | Message # 69
Hero
Quote Bond009 ()
k so i replied to random with this but i figured it would be good for all to see it so they kinda know what a plan could be. ok i skimmed through it, i think the ClanHPMM bot atm is fine for the most part.. their is problems with ppl snipping elo and catching ppl off guard with alts and ppl abusing elo by making loss accounts and then having those loss accounts play with them to make them gain a lot more elo from a win even if they vs noobs.
ppl use to do this type of thing in ladder in 2v2s, make an account with major losses and bad % and then 2 pros play together (1 on real name and 1 on loss account) and get fast ez wins.

So that is the main issue. I have talked it over with cou and cyray and think it is a good thing to have the 2 tier bot. It seemed to work well for ent's LTD bots so we can kinda follow that mold but with a few alterations.

What i think would be perfect would be have the ELO cap off at like 1500 on ClanHPMM bot so pubs can play on that bot and ppl can get to their 1500 elo if they want too for fun. and it will continue to track wins/losses but max out at 1500 elo.
Then to continue on have like a ClanHPMM2 or ClanHPMM.HR that will be the HR bot (High Rank) and no one will be allowed to enter that bot unless they have at least like 1100-1150 elo on ClanHPMM bot. So it will be like the more pro bot for stacked teams and this will protect vs ppl sniping elo and making alt accounts to abuse ppl playing and also will protect vs elo abusing with making loss accounts to play on a team with.
In theory it doesn't get any better than this.

yes i agree with all of this

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:05 AM | Message # 70
Head Administrator
Ok, your saying that there is still only 1 leaderboard however, with clanhpmm it will still be on the leaderboard but to get over a certain amount of elo they need to go to clanhpmm2. Ok, but let me  suggest if people pros play on the noob bot they will get redirected to the pro bot. There is no point for a pro to play on noob hostbot. Since noobs should play against noobs. But the redirection might not work in coding since multiple lobby causes problems. But we will see. Alright I will ignore all the flaws and try it out. Just need a few more opinions before I will start this project. What do we do with current elo scores. I say keep it.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:19 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:16 AM | Message # 71
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Ok, your saying that there is still only 1 leaderboard however, with clanhpmm it will still be on the leaderboard but to get over a certain amount of elo they need to go to clanhpmm2. Ok, but let me  suggest if people pros play on the noob bot they will get redirected to the pro bot. There is no point for a pro to play on noob hostbot. Since noobs should play against noobs. But the redirection might not work in coding since multiple lobby causes problems. But we will see. Alright I will ignore all the flaws and try it out. Just need a few more opinions before I will start this project.
thank you.
that sounds like a good idea but there are 2 problems

if the new pro bot is filling too slow and the pro is banned from the noob bot then he cant play any chf

also he could just make alt account anyway and go on noob bot

so the redirect thing is not necessary really

stoogeDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:19 AM | Message # 72
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
no Icedteas idea was the best, do registrations and make elo effect only registerd accounts.

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:22 AM | Message # 73
Head Administrator
Not reall who would want to start there elo all over again? But there's the problem with redirection if a pro get redirected to pro bot that pro bot will never fill and so will the noob bot what do you guys think? I really want redirection. Plus I really want to keep the scores. Really hate to put that leaderboard in legacy move.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:27 AM | Message # 74
Hero
the pro bot will fill if you make the requirements relatively low

like only require 10 wins and above 800 ELO maybe
then we can raise requirements later on in time once people know about new bot

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:28 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:28 AM | Message # 75
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Let's try to find the best way to improve bots instead of QQ each other.
Add a ELO cap loose will break the logic of ELO calculation formular.

Quote Bond009 ()
Then to continue on have like a ClanHPMM2 or ClanHPMM.HR that will be the HR bot (High Rank) and no one will be allowed to enter that bot unless they have at least like 1100-1150 elo on ClanHPMM bot. So it will be like the more pro bot for stacked teams and this will protect vs ppl sniping elo and making alt accounts to abuse ppl playing and also will protect vs elo abusing with making loss accounts to play on a team with. smile
I'm not agreed with those figures. If players under 1500 ELO are still allowed to play on tier 2 bot, it's mean only 40 - 60 players (1 500 + ELO) will be forced (Different of can) to play on tier 1 bot. And in that case i'm agree with random, it's would be useless to create a tier 1 / tier 2 bot because won't fill. By the same way i'm not agreed with the cap of 1100 - 1150 ELO.
Your guys also forgot that in leaderboard some people are appearing two times. For example, look at osetinas : he is recorded 3 times in two first page of ELO (Stebetojas, osetinas, armenas = all 1 500 + ELO), or vetealamierda on two differents servers 1 500 + ELO.

So we need :
    -> 900 / 1 000 Elo needed
    -> 25 wins required (=avoid major part of alts)
    -> Elo cap in tier 2 bot of 1 200 / 1 300
    -> Reset ELO. No sense to keep the current one if you had this new sytem
This tier 1 / tier 2 system will also improve CHF skills with time. Because average or good players will play vs often pros.

Also don't be surprised if at start (=at least 2 /3 weeks) tier 1 bot won't fill because players need to reach 1 200 ELO before to be forced to play on tier 1 bot.

Also rename games so even retards could understand.
    - T1 Custom hero # or T1 Custom footies # (cause not enough caracters allowed i guess)
    - T2 Custom hero # or T2 Custom footies #

Then you could think at two kind of advertising since there are two kind of bots (tier 1 for average / good / pros and tier 2 for pubs / average). Because on tier 2 bot they are a lot of people who understand nothing.

Also keep in mind it's pointless to have huge advertising because people won't take time to read announcement advertising of your bot.
So only few sentences with forum link (ucw and random), 1 sentence for donation and 1 sentence to explain T1 / T2 system.

@Soundwaves, look at the calculation formular of ELO. You loose a lot of ELO because they are a major part of pubs (with low ELO) in each CHF games most of the time. For example 10 pubs (with low ELO) + 2 Pro (with high ELO), so if you loose then QQ^^

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<