Thursday, 18-Apr-2024, 1:25 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Should -test afk on pool off be bannable - Forum

• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009, Random260, Cou, Bio-AssAUlt  
Forum » Host Bots » ClanHPMM - (Main Hosting Bot) » Should -test afk on pool off be bannable (Should -test afk on pool off be bannable)
Should -test afk on pool off be bannable
Should we ban players for -test afk to acquire gold when they aren't actually afk during -pool off?
1.Yes[ 11 ][50.00%]
2.No[ 11 ][50.00%]
Answers total: 22
Bio-AssAUltDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 2:05 PM | Message # 1
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Should we ban players for using the -test afk command to acquire a teammate's gold, when that player isn't actually afk, during -pool off?

Please vote and discuss here.

Thanks

l3etuceDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 2:13 PM | Message # 2
Grunt
Group: Game Mod
I guess that what I call a teamwork sacrificing your gold so your mate can upgrade or do something better for the team . Just my thought.

I love green leetuce

Felicia94Date: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 2:33 PM | Message # 3
Rifleman
Quote l3etuce ()
I guess that what I call a teamwork sacrificing your gold so your mate can upgrade or do something better for the team . Just my thought.

I agree with L3etuce, its teamwork you give up your gold and also 2 minuites of playing to become stronger/save your team from losing.

eckone87Date: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 3:12 PM | Message # 4
Rifleman
Group: Users
stop trying to add new rules lmao just play the game

Bio-AssAUltDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 3:19 PM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Quote eckone87 ()
stop trying to add new rules lmao just play the game

i would love to if my inbox wasn't full of people asking me these questions

13eastynlDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 3:28 PM | Message # 6
Grunt
Who the hell votes no. What else is pool off made for? It would be better that it would drop players if they tested afk

Added (27-Dec-2015, 3:28 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote l3etuce ()

Not really, then a player should leave instead.

Adam_CZDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 3:43 PM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
Being "afk" on purpose in "pool off" is definitely abuse. But i dont agree with this way what we do (i mean adding new rules almost every day - Bill abuse, TT and mana dragon abuse, 6v6 across abuse...) there is too many bugs in current 4.0a version and adding new rules about banning players is not best idea. And bug abusers are not main problem. Main problem is creator Bond009 who is lazy fix bugs and create/release new version.

Also its very hard prove who is abuser (being afk on purpose) and who is really afk. Sometimes we have evidence - chat log from playchf.net website and we can see players asked their allies being afk on purpose. We can prove and ban them. But for example some players (tDT) use skype during game and there is not any chat log because they are talking with microphone. So there is not evidence and they will say "i was really afk dont ban me". Also players who are playing in same realm can use "/w user nickname" and there is not chat log too on playchf.net website.

My vote is for "NO" and stop banning bug abusers. Because if they will abuse maybe that will be motivation for Bond009 stop being lazy and he will release new version without bugs.

Web-GhostDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 5:31 PM | Message # 8
Head Administrator
Awards: 1
Quote l3etuce ()
guess that what I call a teamwork sacrificing your gold so your mate can upgrade or do something better for the team . Just my thought.
same
going afk for 2min can cause a big change in the game, the pressure dealing with no teammate(cuz they go afk) vs a good team is hard to deal with specially if you are the only one in team

[img][/img]

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 5:49 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
The -pool off mode is supposed to prevent everyone from pooling each other. So going afk on purpose and typing -test afk is a way of dodging the mode. So yes it should be bannable to my mind. Because whenever people do tis it's always to abuse, and it's funny because when they do it they perfectly know it's morally wrong but as it's not bannable they obviously don't care.

OttoJDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 6:36 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
I think it is ok, getting someone out of the game for two minutes is hard.  So i approve as one who likes to do pool off.

OttoJ, The Old Man
I play for fun, fast wins bore me and make me feel mean.

lotrrotkDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 9:43 PM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Quote Web-Ghost ()
going afk for 2min can cause a big change in the game, the pressure dealing with no teammate(cuz they go afk) vs a good team is hard to deal with specially if you are the only one in team

Yes but the advantages you get after that would be greater
I'd say it is unfair to do test afk during pool off
Quote Adam_CZ ()
there is too many bugs in current 4.0a version and adding new rules about banning players is not best idea

True but it's the only thing we can do...unless you have a solution for that

Added (27-Dec-2015, 9:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also

the first thing Bond fixed in 4.1 was, "fix so can't use -test afk and -gold color when it's -no pool mode". So I don't think he intended it to be a part of the game

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

AllstarJonesDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 10:42 PM | Message # 12
Grunt
2 mins of afk isnt worth the gold unless its 50k above in my opinion, and if u have the time to do this, its a uim game thats gone stupid

Often imitated Never Duplicated

lotrrotkDate: Sunday, 27-Dec-2015, 11:23 PM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
Quote AllstarJones ()
2 mins of afk isnt worth the gold unless its 50k above in my opinion,
.......Let's imagine a scenario shall we?
There are only 2 teams left in a late game, t1 (team 1) and t3 (team 3)....it's pool off mode
T1 blue got desynced so red can easily do -gold blue but t3 has all 3 allies
T1 has heroes that can hk...but t3 has aoe abilities
T3 doesn't want to go to T1's base as they can get hk easily (avoiding feed) but it has tier 4 units...let's say...mortars 
T1 on the other hand is still sitting on tier 1 but it has a hero with silence lvl 6 and a tot so t3 can't charge in
T1 who just got mass feed from t3 (they tp to their base and got themselves killed) has around 15k gold...but 10k is with red who did -gold blue and 5k is with teal...so t1 can't get their gold unless t3 feeds them or they do -test afk
but
Teal is a guy who doesn't understand english so he uses the 5k up and upgrades to tier 3
T3 on the other hand need 400 gold more for darks
Let's say dg has mortars and needs 400 more......so he tells lb to go afk so he can do -test afk
Dg gets his gold, he gets his darks...he uses thor on the silence hero, mass tp with dark mortars and finishes teals base
But
The minute red's base is about to get destroyed......red types -6v6 across
So my dear allstarjones......test afk during pool off leads to 6v6 late game therefore it should be a ban 

but seriously 2min of afk can change a normal game as well (it becomes a 6v6 game)

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

Web-GhostDate: Monday, 28-Dec-2015, 3:12 AM | Message # 14
Head Administrator
Awards: 1
lotrrotk, where is T2?

[img][/img]

dfrc30Date: Monday, 28-Dec-2015, 3:23 AM | Message # 15
Rifleman
no ban, looking for proof will take lots of time and effort for admins. And impossible for players that can whisper eachother or are using mic.

Forum » Host Bots » ClanHPMM - (Main Hosting Bot) » Should -test afk on pool off be bannable (Should -test afk on pool off be bannable)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501