Thursday, 25-Apr-2024, 0:40 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

The Myths about APM - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » The Myths about APM (And the lies..)
The Myths about APM
Cyray@USEASTDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 5:58 AM | Message # 16
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
No one cares Adam go away

name: james mcgovern

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 7:06 AM | Message # 17
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote TangerineSky ()
God damn sgwannabe you really do show proof of what a lying douchbag you are because this is the most retarded control group setup I've seen and you obviously spam for show. But we all know what a fake tool you are, I don't know what my apm is but I can already tell that I have better control than this kid.
So having a "different style of playing" from you is automatically considered "fake tool"?
ROFL, and who are you? Oh yea, the guy I USED TO LOOK UP to when I couldn't play chf properly. Now, to me, you are a nobody. You have better control than me? LOL, we haven't even fu1ing versed in like at least A COUPLE YEARS.
Damn, you must be so PRO because you were better than me when I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL. LOL
I admit, in  middle school, I couldn't play well so I thought even nubs were pros. Now that I can play, I finally realize you are just some random redneck douche.

Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
Nice videos rosa of course Adam has to ruin a good thread with retarded posts about cechi
I don't know why the word "Cechi" keeps appearing from Adam. Like seriously, I didn't even talk about Cechi in this post. Thought this post was APM.... :/

Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
i think over 250 is really just spam but when you're clicking so fast and so focused on the game of course you will accidentally have some spam clicks

Quote Adam_CZ ()
pwnu.WaN (354 APM) vs Cechi (262 APM) Cechi autowin: http://www.wcreplays.com/replay?m=View&rid=66720 really its not about APM
 Oh Wow, WHAT DO I SEE?
Both players have HIGHER APM than Adam's AVERAGE APM. I think this is proof!
And seriously, there is barely any difference between 354 apm and 262 apm. Trust me, once you pass 200, the differences are ALMOST NEGLIGIBLE

And seriously, Adam, you do realize 200+ APM is A LOT right? If you say "its not about apm," you have to be insane. These 2 players have extremely high APM.
And also, Adam, I think everyone but you already know APM is just one of the many tools.

TangerineSkyDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 8:16 AM | Message # 18
Pirate
Group: Friends
then play instead of talking shit and pretending you know everything. You will have your slim anus widened

Added (29-Jan-2014, 8:16 AM)
---------------------------------------------
and i say you are full of shit because when you post you always seem to fail cross examinations with yourself. you have 3 control groups... one for pet, one for a rat and one for your hero. and you claim to have the highest apm.. you clearly have made it a huge point to spam click for one game so you could act like youre the shit lol

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 9:14 AM | Message # 19
Robotic Ninja
Quote TangerineSky ()
you have 3 control groups... one for pet, one for a rat and one for your hero. and you claim to have the highest apm.
When did I ever claim to have highest APM? Are you mad? LOL

Quote TangerineSky ()
you clearly have made it a huge point to spam click for one game so you could act like youre the shit lol
Sorry to break your heart but I don't use a mouse, but the stupid small rectangle pad on the laptop. UMADBRO?

and cou, lock this thread, it's going nowhere
Apparently Tang is infatuated with my threads
and Adam is infatuated with Cechi

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 10:08 AM | Message # 20
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 3
Quote Bond009 ()
But lets not forget accuracy is another factor determining a player's APM. Accuracy is the coordination of precise mouse clicks and keystrokes. Greater accuracy will result in fewer mis-clicks and mis-strokes; thus the player's efficiency increases resulting in a more accurate valid APM. Players who have greater accuracy can perform other vital tasks during game-play and can multitask without losing efficiency which allows them to do the same takes with fewer APM.

Could not have said it better myself thank you.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

NexsuSDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 11:05 AM | Message # 21
Grunt
Quote BajsHoran ()
in ur face nexus

cry sad I thought we were friends

xDD

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 1:47 PM | Message # 22
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
under 110 apm is bit slow but yea it's ok.
I guess around 100~200 is enough for chf but you can't be pro in ladder with that apm.
Pro ladder players average apm is over 300 and its not just for show.
Their control is amazing when you see their micro, macro and multi tasking.

in ladder top apm is 300~400 and most of those orders are repetition orders and everone knows it lol watch a replay and the first thing u hear is what? 100 rally points going into the goldmine/trees/ground so they can get hyped and high apm lol. Park Sung-Joon is noted for the record APM of 818 probably over half are pointless repetitions. Which is ok to do.. it just doesn't mean anything.

Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
Okay, for CHF I too believe 180ish apm is good and don't need more. However, even in chf, if you actually want to play perfect and deny every footmen kills in mass, in some ways, you could actually have 300+ apm. (But who does this...lol)
BUT TO SAY "PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE?"

Quote Bond009 ()
It is physically impossible to do more than 3 completely non-related and non-repetitive actions per minute for any length of time

I didnt say its impossible to get over 180 apm i was very specific with how i said this lol and its true with how i worded it. Read closely to what i say wink
Lol im an engineer.. to save us both time lets just assume im never wrong. you think that shirt exists for nothing? lol tongue
http://img0.etsystatic.com/029/0/8656331/il_570xN.524379992_5pdo.jpg

But really, anything that needs to be done regardless of what it is can be done with 180 apm, doing 1 thing every .3 secs over all average is all anyone needs to do really over a length of time. Im not saying right clicking to go to a location then a location change and again etc.. thats repetition u can do that every .01 secs if u wanted (as fast as u can humanly click)..
Im saying to individually micro 1 foot send it back to base then again then use spell then use rat then check base/upgrade then use tower.. etc im talking actually doing something thats vital every .3 secs then u are pro. I also said this cant be done for any high length of time which is why the average is 180 becuz for some min's u can probably do 300 apm for short bursts making every click matter but average 180 on the high not counting countless meaningless clicks..

And you are right with it giving some indication of skill, i already stated that, but what im saying is its not always accurate and often times gives false positives.
I said nothing that isn't accurate and true so there really is nothing to argue or debate here i was just making a post for ppl. lol

Also the reason micro and apm is needed a bit more in ladder over all is becuz each individual unit matters SO MUCH, keeping them alive and attacking with them is more delicate process so that spam apm positioning is more so needed. Cost of each unit plays into this also with food limit and upkeep etc, many factors at play here.

Also this wasn't really intended to be a rage thread just informational lol but ppl will get off on tangents i guess lol

MrDark_DevilDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 2:07 PM | Message # 23
Hero
Quote Adam_CZ ()
pwnu.WaN (354 APM) vs Cechi (262 APM) Cechi autowin: http://www.wcreplays.com/replay?m=View&rid=66720really its not about APM
Adam why i cant watch this ? witch bot ? this map :P

gigasus91 : Im Adam bitch .

SecreT-Name-Date: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 2:53 PM | Message # 24
Hero

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 3:36 PM | Message # 25
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Hey Bond, what field of engineering are you in

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 4:17 PM | Message # 26
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Quote Trixxareforkids ()

computer networking and systems engineer also electrical engineer and mechanical background.

TangerineSkyDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 8:55 PM | Message # 27
Pirate
Group: Friends
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
and cou, lock this thread, it's going nowhere Apparently Tang is infatuated with my threads
and Adam is infatuated with Cechi

and sgwannabe seals his own defeat, along with stating he uses the track pad on his lap top, with 3 control groups. LOL Thank you, Good game and set. bye

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 9:07 PM | Message # 28
Robotic Ninja
Quote TangerineSky ()
and sgwannabe seals his own defeat, along with stating he uses the track pad on his lap top, with 3 control groups. LOL Thank you, Good game and set. bye
Wow...you must have not seen me online for so long you still call me sgwannabe

Anyways, stop being immature and Cou, please lock this thread. As you can see, players like TangerineSky and Adam only want to flame.
And I will never understand Tangerine. "Seals his own fate"? By being more mature? Sorry but I'm trying my best to stop this flame you wish to create. Sigh, I wish people would grow more mature :/

ic3dt3aDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 11:23 PM | Message # 29
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote TangerineSky ()
3 control groups

i use 3 control groups also

1: hero + newts/blanks/owl
2: shams/rock golems/jammy's/units
3: frost towers

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 11:32 PM | Message # 30
Robotic Ninja
Quote Trixxareforkids ()

Virgin Bond Outfield far from home base Engineer. Help deliver I offer rep

Also add a bazinga in there :/

Message edited by a_chinese_kid - Wednesday, 29-Jan-2014, 11:36 PM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » The Myths about APM (And the lies..)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<