Thursday, 25-Apr-2024, 5:41 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

The $50 Dollar Lesson - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » The $50 Dollar Lesson
The $50 Dollar Lesson
lspiderlDate: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2012, 10:35 AM | Message # 1
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
The $50 Dollar Lesson
An unknown author’s story:

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, “If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?” She replied… “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”

Her parents beamed with pride!

“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I said. “But you don’t have to wait until you’re President to do that!” I told her.

“What do you mean?” she replied.

So I told her, “You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I’ll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.”

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?”

I said, “Welcome to the Republican Party.” Her parents aren’t speaking to me anymore.

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

Priest-Of-SinDate: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2012, 11:30 AM | Message # 2
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
nice story...i like it

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

ArcttyDate: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2012, 5:28 PM | Message # 3
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
LOL that is a good story

If she is raised in a family of liberal democrats she would never use money that she worked for to help the homeless, she would just force other people to give her their hard earned money to do what she wants with it.

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2012, 8:44 PM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
im pretty sure you just broke at least one discriminatory rule.

lspiderlDate: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2012, 10:58 PM | Message # 5
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
im pretty sure you just broke at least one discriminatory rule.

im pretty sure you have no idea what your talkin about and are only trolling and trying to encite drama so tread carefully

this is the section specificaly for politicaly theamed debates and commentary as long as its dont in a polite and respectful manor
it will not always be kittens and sunshine but there is no inflamitory remarks in the post there is no insults simply a commentary on idiologial differences

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

Priest-Of-SinDate: Wednesday, 10-Oct-2012, 10:48 AM | Message # 6
Hero
Quote (lspiderl)
im pretty sure you have no idea what your talkin about and are only trolling and trying to encite drama so tread carefully

this is the section specificaly for politicaly theamed debates and commentary as long as its dont in a polite and respectful manor
it will not always be kittens and sunshine but there is no inflamitory remarks in the post there is no insults simply a commentary on idiologial differences

again i agree...i a will ad this.....it is not discriminatiory if its political.....its not like i make jokes about your person(your religion or your hadicap for ex if you have one.... etc)

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

a_chinese_kidDate: Thursday, 11-Oct-2012, 10:34 AM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
yeah haha i saw this before its hilarious so true..

Added (2012-10-11, 11:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Wait... someone is actually using the world news and debates section correctly!? plus rep for you my good boy

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Friday, 12-Oct-2012, 8:18 PM | Message # 8
Zombie Pirate
Advertising
This category includes advertisement of:

Any non-beneficial, non-Battle.net related businesses, organizations, or websites
If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

rule one. you're advertising the democrat party? cant really tell...
w.e if you want a debate. what you do is go make sections on different political topics such as U.S. economy, foreign affairs, world politics, moral issues affected by politics such as homosexual marriage and abortion(both are moral issues, not taking a preference here), and current national elections and politics(doesnt need to be U.S. i.e. egyptian president currently).

a_chinese_kidDate: Friday, 12-Oct-2012, 8:56 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
w.e if you want a debate. what you do is go make sections on different political topics such as U.S. economy, foreign affairs, world politics, moral issues affected by politics such as homosexual marriage and abortion(both are moral issues, not taking a preference here), and current national elections and politics(doesnt need to be U.S. i.e. egyptian president currently).

your list is not sections those are waht threads would be..

slayer666Date: Saturday, 13-Oct-2012, 5:48 AM | Message # 10
Grunt
Group: Investor
Awards: 2
hahaha so good..... and sadly true !!

You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing :)

a_chinese_kidDate: Saturday, 13-Oct-2012, 9:34 AM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
Yep i mean im fine with the idea of helping the middle class but taking money from people who worked hard for it isnt right..

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 13-Oct-2012, 12:21 PM | Message # 12
Zombie Pirate
Quote (a_chinese_kid)
your list is not sections those are waht threads would be..

what i mean :P. make those sticky threads.

the biggest problem is the morals of taking money from the rich. it falls under the category of envy. they have something i want therefore i should have it and they shouldn't.

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » The $50 Dollar Lesson
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats