Saturday, 04-May-2024, 6:35 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

bout vexslasher system - Page 2 - Forum

• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Vexslasher  
Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » Programs/Utilities » bout vexslasher system (help)
bout vexslasher system
Bond009Date: Tuesday, 31-May-2011, 3:56 PM | Message # 16
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
hey yan what operating system do you use? vista or win7? if so is it a 64bit os?

VexslasherDate: Wednesday, 01-Jun-2011, 2:16 AM | Message # 17
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
Quote (Bond009)
hey yan what operating system do you use? vista or win7? if so is it a 64bit os?

It's not an OS problem, I have also ran into this error myself 2x first time I lost over 100 older stats codes 2nd time I lost exactly 20 newer codes, however I am almost 100% certain that I found and fixed the cause in v.1.8+ and it wont ever happen again, but just in case I was wrong and something else was causing it I have the backup save, the backup save is also nice in case any other sort of error comes up.

Everyone just needs to keep up to date, 1.8+ is really the only 100% stable version all the others have a very small chance of losing all of your codes.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 01-Jun-2011, 2:24 AM | Message # 18
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yea i know its not a OS prob, i was just gonna see if he has 64bit or not. If he does thats probably why he couldnt find it because in 64bit it doesnt go to your wc3 directory like he might think, it goes to "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save" which is a new directory that it makes on its own and he would probably never think to go there because theres nothing in that location aside from the save text file. So was thinking that might be his prob maybe

VexslasherDate: Wednesday, 01-Jun-2011, 2:44 AM | Message # 19
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
Yeah it's not his fault it's mine, I just just had my saving done incorrectly before 1.8.. I'm sorry to everyone.. I have been doing the best I can, I just didn't know that saving over another save to quickly can sometimes return it with just a deleted file.. Like I said before I have fixed this in my latest version 1.8 and if any other versions come out they will also be fixed as-well, changed first post of this thread a bit..

Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » Programs/Utilities » bout vexslasher system (help)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501