Monday, 06-May-2024, 4:20 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Frost Nova and Acid Bomb once Again Becomes OVER op - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Frost Nova and Acid Bomb once Again Becomes OVER op
Frost Nova and Acid Bomb once Again Becomes OVER op
RosarioVampireZDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 8:02 PM | Message # 1
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
The Return of the Op-ness

Acid Bomb and Frost Nova, a build once so op that Bond was forced to nerf, has become OP once again. Although Frost Nova no longer deals similar damage as Swarm and Acid Bomb lost some damage and armor reduction, with the help of forcefield, it has become OP once again.

Acid Nova and Frost Nova was created by players long ago for hero kill back when Frost Nova did around a thousand damage to a target. Acid Bomb was always the "SUPPORTER" for Frost Nova. All thought this build would be abused in every version until Bond had nerfed them…

But now, with Forcefield come to play, Acid Bomb and Frost Nova has become OP once again. With builds such as Double Blink, Acid Bomb, Frost Nova, and Forcefield, enemy heros are dying easier like before.

They enemy heros not knowing would first be force fielded. Being stuck, the player is able to cast Acid Bomb and Frost Nova with ease. And due to the HIGH damage forcefield does while being stuck -and the hero attacking-, the enemy hero would fall resulting bolt coil to be a less harsher build in hk.

Due to the many changes in recent version, acid bomb with frost nova has become op since forcefield would always help the enemy units stuck or likely destroy them. It had gotten into a point that heros even with heart maiden would die by this acid nova forcefield.

----

I do not think its fair for a uk build to be able to kill better than hk. Bond, if you see this, please change what ForceField does. It has become a spell that changed the WHOLE BALANCE system. Although this spell gives chance for solo vs stacked, it has always become the source of making all your past balances useless.
---
For those who wants to abuse this build, GO abuse it before bond changes FF.

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 8:02 PM

jonathan290Date: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 8:50 PM | Message # 2
Hero
I think it's very logical but I need to check it out
I've never used that build bf
Anyways it's rare seeing ppl getting those skills with ff

RosarioVampireZDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:05 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Quote (jonathan290)
I've never used that build bf

Acid Bomb/Frost Nova
It was the most abused spell choice by HPMM members in the past. Much newer HPMM members dont know this build because the older players either stopped playing or now use new tactics cause of the new updates.

Actually overall the chf games played, this build is most used after [shockwave swarm or bolt coil or bolt swarm or coil swarm]
Its a pretty op build. Its meant to rock with windwalk cause ww dmg + acid effect = 1 shot ko. But I personally would rther get something that I can quickly attack and run away enemies by blink.

ic3dt3aDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:09 PM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
i dont ever recall frost nova doing 1k damage, thought it was like 500 tops...

its not OP really, its pretty balanced, force field is what is doing the damage really..

firestorm + explosion is by far more OP
firestorm impale + explosion is jsut plain rape against units and non-spell immune heros(divine or avatar even though explosion damages)

endurance and treeants is OP then, if u have chims tahts more OP

ww bolt coil is op too, u cant see them then they snipe u real fast

i think force field needs to deal less damage, thats it...

i lold at the "being stuck", what about the bash + lasso combos? thats being stuck too buddy

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

a_chinese_kidDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:17 PM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
Nova was super super op in early versions.

Acid nova was used in 3.8... It's not that old of a build. I mean it's not a build that was only used when nova was super op it's been use plenty since

RosarioVampireZDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:31 PM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
Quote (a_chinese_kid)
Acid nova was used in 3.8.

Acid nova was MOST commonly used bfore bond started nerfing them
mostly in version 2s... smile -not 3.-

From my memory
Nova did almost 750 dmg to 1 target and 550 to all units (long ago)
And acid did -20 def and 10 dmg per sec more long ago
AND THIS occurred when techs didnt have magic resistance which led acid nova to be able to kill ANY tier 4 (fked up)

2 acid nova long ago killed any darks

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:52 PM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Your talking more of a very specific build.

So it's not really necessary. you make the likely hoods of this build being chosen abit misleading.

Just because 1 person is good with it doesn't mean others are. (So fucking stop fucking up my golems for people who can't even use them...)

Hell this build isn't even that good. Too much potential for people hking.

You cant balance all the time.

Whenever something's changed, another thing is affected. When somethings added, another thing is affected. It would take fucking like years for bond only to balance this perfectly.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Thursday, 12-Apr-2012, 10:54 PM

FirNesSDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 0:24 AM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
Whenever something's changed, another thing is affected. When somethings added, another thing is affected. It would take fucking like years for bond only to balance this perfectly.

This is right, but a few things have to be balanced.

I used to take this build a lot during 3.3a - 3.4b, but I still don't see WHY is this so op now. Don't forget that FF's cooldowns are 120 - 80 - 60 (or something like this, I can't remember exactly). So untill level 11 you have to wait 2 mins to kill a hero?
Honestly:
1) A lot of builds can do similar uk / hk
2) Acid / Nova / double blink are NOT the best spells at all to pick with force field. Maybe acid is, but nova isn't.

Seriously, try my build. Acid / FF / Wards / Unholly. Keep unholly level 1, tome untill level 16, and then save for granite (except if Bill / explosion in game). Game is done.

Legal_lifeDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 0:28 AM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Why would u get blink is nova acid? Ww is much better cause of 350 on -12 amour...

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 0:40 AM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Legal_life)
Why would u get blink is nova acid? Ww is much better cause of 350 on -12 amour...

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
Its meant to rock with windwalk cause ww dmg + acid effect = 1 shot ko. But I personally would rther get something that I can quickly attack and run away enemies by blink.

I prefer something to evade frost towers. Not herokills
Its really matter of opinion

a_chinese_kidDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 1:10 PM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
lol i love blink<3 you can dodge every spell and you can trap any hero tahts running away biggrin its just fun to play. i dont care if ww is more efficient in most cases (unless were against pros) but other wise blink is plenty efficient and its way more fun to use then ww..

Bond009Date: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 2:45 PM | Message # 12
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
i've had FF in the change log to be a bit nerfed for a while now already lol its cd time is one of the big parts too fast, (reason for the cd is, that was the cd time i had for it before i made it so heros inside were protected)

ic3dt3aDate: Friday, 13-Apr-2012, 7:47 PM | Message # 13
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
^u think u can figure out how to diminish the lag caused by it as well?

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Frost Nova and Acid Bomb once Again Becomes OVER op
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats