Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 3:38 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

No more hosting bots. Battle.net shut em down. - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009, Random260, Cou, Bio-AssAUlt  
Forum » Host Bots » Hosting Bots » No more hosting bots. Battle.net shut em down.
No more hosting bots. Battle.net shut em down.
PeteDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 4:48 PM | Message # 1
Archer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
So battle net has taking a change in turning all hosting bots off. Here is what they said i opened a support ticket and this is what i heard back....

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Salutations Peter,

Not sure why that would be happening per se. Chat clients that use Telnet connections have been restricted from connecting to Battle.net.

Battle.net is also limiting the channels that Diablo, Diablo Shareware and StarCraft Shareware users can enter. These applications may interact within their own channels and are also able to access our support channels. The Battle.net team has taken this step in order to reduce the amount of extraneous text generated by abusers of the Battle.net service. We anticipate that this will make for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some telnet and chat users, but we believe this recent change will improve the overall experience of chatting on Battle.net. In addition, we do have plans to add more features to Battle.net, especially with new games, which will allow Battle.net users and clans to better communicate with each other.

We have received many complaints about people abusing their right to use a bot on Battle.net. The most common problems were bots spamming chat channels, and the use of bots to "steal" private channels. Blizzard feels strongly about this issue. If the need for further action should arise, Blizzard will take additional steps to ensure the integrity of the Battle.net community and to ensure that Battle.net is a fun experience for our users, not a frustrating one.

As we continue in our efforts to make Battle.net the best online gaming and chatting service possible, we urge players to periodically check the Battle.net web site at http://www.battle.net for news and updates, and to post feedback on the Battle.net forums.

Elune's Light on you,

Account & Technical Services Rep Siathello
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

CouDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 9:31 PM | Message # 2
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
err what sort of bots? Custom game bots? chf-bot so that we can't play chf? If they take down custom game bots, wc III will die lol.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

PeteDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 9:47 PM | Message # 3
Archer
i think all HOSTING bots will soon be offline. They just killed warcraft 3 its not even funny... im gonna go try life for dead lol

FireHartDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 1:38 AM | Message # 4
Hero
Group: Clan Members
U do know that this thing just killed not only wc3 but also this forum
All the money all that went into chf-bot and others now just get killed
Fck blizzard this is bs

CouDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 1:48 AM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
lol hopefully someone can explain what it means more spefically. It doesn't sound like "We're shutting down all bots" but more like some certain channels lol. Hopefully someone can clarify it.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

TrixxareforkidsDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 2:23 AM | Message # 6
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
peace

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

PeteDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 8:02 AM | Message # 7
Archer
thats basicly what there saying. is some channels are being shut down that these bots use to connect too... i think the problem is where the bots say making game [UcW] PeteOwns #1000... lol! thats prob what they mean by spam. but warcraft3 has never alllowed 3rd party programs in the system anyway. they closed my ticket so i could not post back on this.

TicklemonsterDate: Thursday, 27-Dec-2012, 5:37 PM | Message # 8
Grunt
You have it all wrong, they are not shutting down any bots. The bots are sometimes interfereing with communication through blizzard because it runs through their servers but with different programs that are unstable. They want to change the system they have in the lobby so that bots will not be aloud to enter any other channel other than public channels and their own private channels. The third party isnt from the bots its from the servers they run through that are owned by the bot creators NOT the owner. For example if i was to own a bot and let it host games it would be using my i.p adress and i would be paying for it but it would need to use the servers from the place i got it (e.g M.Bot.) Most of these places are poorly made and the owners dont put any money into making them secure so people can easily make bots do whatever they want, which means that some people are making bots enter private channels and spamming. Blizzard wants to have all servers run directly through their own before being able to access battle.net and then they can reduce the problem.

Added (2012-12-27, 6:37 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Not along ago they shut down all BGN bots and all ENT bots so they could no longer host but they got too many complaints and needed a better solution so put the bots back up.

#CHFbecamedsucks

Adam_CZ "wildjap is the worsest player chf ever"

[-FTL-]RoyStoM "you never win me or win team ftl jajajajaj i god for game"

PeteDate: Thursday, 27-Dec-2012, 6:54 PM | Message # 9
Archer
Oh thanks for clearing that up!:D

TicklemonsterDate: Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 3:49 AM | Message # 10
Grunt
(Pete)
Oh thanks for clearing that up!:D

You're welcome smile

#CHFbecamedsucks

Adam_CZ "wildjap is the worsest player chf ever"

[-FTL-]RoyStoM "you never win me or win team ftl jajajajaj i god for game"

Forum » Host Bots » Hosting Bots » No more hosting bots. Battle.net shut em down.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats