Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 11:44 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New WC3-4Life.net Server for bnet! - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009, ShadowHunter94  
Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » WC3-4Life.net » New WC3-4Life.net Server for bnet! (To replace the old bnet since reforged killed it..)
New WC3-4Life.net Server for bnet!
Bond009Date: Thursday, 04-Jun-2020, 1:21 AM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3

WELCOME TO THE SERVER THAT'S HERE 4 LIFE!

Since Blizzard prematurely released reforged with it being about 60% complete at best and lacking stability and many features such as clans, profiles, many other promised features and a fully functional game. I decided we needed classic WC3 back. I also missed the old bnet look, it just felt better and a nicer/bigger chat for communication etc. The new game just didn't feel like the same home we've all had for so many years.

Because of this we now have WC3-4Life and hence the name it will never die. smile
With this server and new bots that connect all servers around the world I'm bringing some new life back into CHF as well.

To download the WC3 client to play in this server the link options are below.
https://drive.google.com/drive....yFnmFNP
or
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3nh42wupztc7b/

Server Discord: https://discord.gg/wZRf8yMXcy
(Use discord as we don't check this site super often these days)

Its a pretty simple cookie cutter package to download and just move the wc3 folder to the right directory and check the Info folder for the READ ME file with 4 simple steps.

If you have any issues you can ask about it here. So far I've heard of McAfee AV blocking the wc3 files needed (because Mcafee sucks) and just needing to make an exception for them in the AV.
Also someone not able to run the .reg file because of admin permissions, if you run into this issue you can use a BNGatewayeditor program to add the server realm yourself, the info will be below for doing this.
Also if you have a black screen when first opening wc3 try pressing enter or Esc, its just the video first trying to play. If this doesn't work go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III 1.28.5\  and delete or rename the Movies folder.
If you have any black screen issues during game it could be a video issue and you either need to install directX 11 or put -opengl at the end of your wc3 shortcut. Explained better: Here

Gateway:
Name = WC3-4Life.net
Zone = -5
IP = WC3-4Life.net

For Hosting Bots Info:
bnet_custom_war3version = 28
bnet_custom_exeversion = 0 5 28 1
bnet_custom_exeversionhash =
bnet_custom_passwordhashtype = pvpgn

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 23-Jun-2020, 2:19 PM | Message # 2
Overall Site Owner
If you guys have black bars on the side or small resolution this is how to fix it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AP6nOvfcs0

If you have a laptop you may see this as the biggest resolution, otherwise pick 1920x1080x32 and pick High on all options for best picture.

OttoJDate: Thursday, 02-Jul-2020, 9:42 PM | Message # 3
Grunt
Group: Game Mod
Awards: 0
Bond can you give me admin please, i assume all the commands are the same as before.  Please.  Need to be able to swap.
Thanks, OTTOJ

OttoJ, The Old Man
I play for fun, fast wins bore me and make me feel mean.

lukejamesbrigdenDate: Monday, 03-Aug-2020, 4:14 AM | Message # 4
Noob
Group: New Users
Hi Bond,
Im trying to make this work on my mac and have wine. Warcraft is working but i cant seem to get realm to work. Any tips? Apologies im a noob!

vodikalinDate: Friday, 14-Aug-2020, 11:54 AM | Message # 5
Noob
Group: New Users
hello i installed the server and it worked but when i gave it to my friend to download it says unable to validate game version i would like to help me he is with the same version and everything

Bond009Date: Sunday, 16-Aug-2020, 11:14 PM | Message # 6
Overall Site Owner
Hey guys, those issues sound odd that the version wouldn't be right. You sure they didn't have rubattle before or something? The full game version in the bottom right should be 1.28.5.7680
Just have them re-download it again and follow the instructions and it should work no problem.
https://drive.google.com/drive....yFnmFNP

As for working in Wine on a Mac, should be the same thing, in the instructions folder there is a .reg file that is titled WC3-4Life Realm. Just run that so it can add the realm gateway so that you can connect with the battle.net button in WC3. Also make sure you are using the right shortcut i made after you move the wc3 1.28.5 folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\
If you need to make your own shortcut for some reason this file is the file you need to run WC3 with --> w3l.exe

OttoJDate: Tuesday, 15-Sep-2020, 6:44 PM | Message # 7
Grunt
Group: Game Mod
Bond,

Usually i donate then you give me admin, but i want admin, then i will donate.  Please.  We need to be able to do 2v2v2v2 to keep the games from taking 1 hour to load.

Thanks,

Added (10-Oct-2020, 7:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Thanks bond.
 Having fun

OttoJ, The Old Man
I play for fun, fast wins bore me and make me feel mean.

Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » WC3-4Life.net » New WC3-4Life.net Server for bnet! (To replace the old bnet since reforged killed it..)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats