Wednesday, 15-May-2024, 1:32 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New spell - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New spell (that can be used to deny HKs of your own team)
New spell
mcw[STAR]Date: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 3:02 PM | Message # 1
Rifleman
Group: Users
Awards: 0
we all know hero kills are a very important part of this game.

Alright basically a spell damaging everything caught in a sweeping V motion in front of the casting hero, This spell will do less damage than most nukes. It will do damage to all units in front of the hero hit by the spell including those of your teammates and yourself.

It can be used as a secondary AOE but its primary use will be to intentional kill your own teammates when you know they are about to die thus preventing the other team from receiving 225+ gold and any experience bounty (if you kill your teammate no gold or experience bounty will be rewarded to anyone else... obviously)

When killing your teammate to deny any bounty with this spell becomes possible, your teammates hero will have less than enough health to survive a blow from any opposing spells. The enemy team will still have a first chance to get the HK because they can kill your teammates hero before you can deny it (because this spell will do less damage) however more often than not when you die from death coil (or any other nuke) you dont have 550 hp you have less thus allowing for plenty off opportunity for this spell to come into play.

This spell will require large amounts of skill to master and i imagine will be used commonly amongst higher end team play. its allowing for an increased meta game.

I think this is a good idea, its original and the only other spells you could deny a hero with is explosion and than an ult.

i edited after sobering up. i hope this is now more understandable. SHOW SUPPORT if you like the idea biggrin

Message edited by mcw[STAR] - Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:56 PM

Tiger]Date: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 3:48 PM | Message # 2
Noob
Group: New Users
Pretty smart idea.

killerrangeDate: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 9:33 PM | Message # 3
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 1
im not quite getting the idea right..
Quote (mcw|STAR|)
nukes

Quote (mcw|STAR|)
"V"

Quote (mcw|STAR|)
DENY the experience of hero kills

Quote (mcw|STAR|)
deny your teamates.
??
Quote (mcw|STAR|)
succesfully deny your teamates xp bounty

I'm here to help :D

mcw[STAR]Date: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:22 PM | Message # 4
Rifleman
you can intentionally kill your teammates with it. when your hero dies an experience bounty is rewarded to the killing team. When used properly this spell will allow you to deny that experience bounty from them.

nukes referring to high damage single target spells (coil bolt cold strike etc)

V being the shape i want the spell to go. "O" being your hero in this example and having him face rightward. ex: O< it will sweep from one side to the other in that motion. hitting and damaging all units caught in it including your own and that of your teammates.

killerrangeDate: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:38 PM | Message # 5
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 1
ahh! that makes so much more sense, but if its a nuke spell, how does it damage all units in a V form?

I'm here to help :D

mcw[STAR]Date: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:44 PM | Message # 6
Rifleman
really its an AOE

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:52 PM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Quote (mcw|STAR|)
thus preventing the other team from receiving 225+ gold and any experience bounty (if you kill your teammate no gold or experience bounty will be rewarded to anyone else... obviously)
blizzard. better for uk. hks. substitutes for a cannon. steals kills from enemies by killing allies.

mcw[STAR]Date: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:55 PM | Message # 8
Rifleman
have you ever seen anyone successfully, intentionally and continuously deny hero kills with blizzard?

a_chinese_kidDate: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 10:57 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
i like the part about gettin gold for denying or something. but it would be abused and people would intentionally kill eachother but there needs to be something to make it more unique. maybe it doesnt have to deny maybe it could be support like a heal or someshit but i think this will be a good foundation for a spell when bond sees this he could come up with something unique

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 23-Jul-2011, 11:23 PM | Message # 10
Zombie Pirate
Quote (mcw|STAR|)
have you ever seen anyone successfully, intentionally and continuously deny hero kills with blizzard?

i have

mcw[STAR]Date: Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 0:01 AM | Message # 11
Rifleman
the spell caster doesn't receive gold for denying the death of a teammate your just stopping the other team from getting the bounty

which is good enough... really good if done multiple times

Message edited by mcw[STAR] - Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 0:02 AM

Alex[STAR]Date: Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 6:16 AM | Message # 12
User
Awards: 4
This could really piss someone off if they had d-shield or a potion.

mcw[STAR]Date: Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 12:10 PM | Message # 13
Rifleman
Quote (bop240)
This could really piss someone off if they had d-shield or a potion.

DS and a potion are used to stay alive. you wanna stay alive so you dont reward the other teams with the bounty of your death. if the hero was denied it would end in the same result of that of the potion or DS.... -> the other teams not gaining anything, so naturally it wouldnt make sense for your team to be "really pissed off" i know ive seen people say "shit i had a pot" right after their death numerous times and i know ive died with a pot. chances are you have too chances are we all have.

Im sure you'd be aware of your teammates skills if they had DS

A potion could be used after they revive in a situation your not there to deny them in which would end up in you actually saving your teammates gold.

this skill would add a new fun dynamic to the game. and i dont plan for it to be easy to use.. it neeeeds to require skill

and im sure if you had 7 denys a game and were preventing the other teams from gaining a level lead on your teams heroes your team would be really happy.

Added (2011-07-24, 1:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
blizzard. better for uk. hks. substitutes for a cannon. steals kills from enemies by killing allies.

this skill isn't supposed to be used for UKs and HKs, the fact that its worse but easier to deny with is the main point. however it can also be used to do damage to enemy heroes in team fights and it can do some damage to units as well. but by no means am i expecting it to kill mass full hp units in one cast.

blizzard and this idea are hardly comparable.

Message edited by mcw[STAR] - Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 12:05 PM

Alex[STAR]Date: Sunday, 24-Jul-2011, 2:01 PM | Message # 14
User
Awards: 4
How low are you planning to make the damage?
I'm just saying, if it was very low, your team-mate would have to time it precisely to make sure that you denied the Hero Kill, if we're talking like 200 HP, less, then it would be highly likely that people would pile nukes onto your hero before your team-mate can deny the kill.

Also, I'm not really sure where this could fit in, in an in-house maybe, but it would be a risk, sacrificing a skill slot for something which won't even be garunteed to work. In a normal, standard game, people would probably be unlikely to choose it, preferring a real AoE or other spell.

I also reckon it would be better as a low % damage spell, say if you had a Strength hero, then it'd be hard to wait for the hero's health to be below 300, then use that spell, becuase at that stage, he would probably have already used a potion, teleported, or escaped from the situation. If he had not yet escaped, it's likely people will use nukes on him anyway.

mcw[STAR]Date: Monday, 25-Jul-2011, 0:16 AM | Message # 15
Rifleman
Quote (bop240)
How low are you planning to make the damage?
I'm just saying, if it was very low, your team-mate would have to time it precisely to make sure that you denied the Hero Kill, if we're talking like 200 HP, less, then it would be highly likely that people would pile nukes onto your hero before your team-mate can deny the kill.

ehh im not entirely sure on the specifics but in the balancing stage i would start testing this spell doing around 320-380 damage. and see how that plays out.

Quote (bop240)
Also, I'm not really sure where this could fit in, in an in-house maybe, but it would be a risk, sacrificing a skill slot for something which won't even be garunteed to work.

it would be capable of doing exactly what its designed to do, that being deny heroes. so it would definitely work its just a matter of the hands controlling the spell and their own skill with it.
it wont likely be a favorite amongst the pubs but i imagine some pros would become filthy good with it provided they have the skill to wield. i know i would try and enjoy it

Quote (bop240)
I also reckon it would be better as a low % damage spell, say if you had a Strength hero, then it'd be hard to wait for the hero's health to be below 300, then use that spell, becuase at that stage, he would probably have already used a potion, teleported, or escaped from the situation. If he had not yet escaped, it's likely people will use nukes on him anyway.

or died.. hopefully at your own hands and not that of the opposing teams. it is likely people will be trying to cast their nukes off onto your team mate, but in the scenario of both their nukes and this spell being able to kill you have just as much chance to deny as they do to kill. gotta be quick.

it will most likely be more usefull mid game in the prevention of allowing the enemy teams to gain a level lead on your team while 350 hp is still a decent chunk of health, not so much later when we see heroes with 2500hp... but still doable. and then it could act as a secondary aoe. and lets not forget it will also damage enemy heroes aswell

the spell will forfeit doing a lot of damage and in return have the ability to slow enemy teams level progression. and no other spells can do this (except for blizzard which does massive damage to everything and explosion)

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New spell (that can be used to deny HKs of your own team)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats