Thursday, 02-May-2024, 8:28 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

An Idea for balance some may not like.. - Page 2 - Forum

• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » An Idea for balance some may not like.. (JUST HEAR IT OUT ANYWAY)
An Idea for balance some may not like..
Is this a Good idea or No..?
1. Yes, it would make it less like just a hero arena [ 7 ] [43.75%]
2. No, I like to be cheap to win :D [ 7 ] [43.75%]
3. wilz is Not sexy! (aka voting Yes) [ 2 ] [12.50%]
Poll has expired - Wednesday, 14-Mar-2012, 7:03 PM
Answers total: 16
Bond009Date: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 1:30 AM | Message # 16
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yea thats also a neat idea require 1 person to have a certain tier lvl to get tomes that way you know they arnt just spending every dime to get a imbalanced lead on everyone too early in the game.

any idea is worth throwing out there..
wish more ppl would vote and comment though, this is going to affect a lot of ppl that love abusing tomes.. might as well hear what everyone thinks

i think about it and i go back and forth with it a lot on what a good solution is.. :/

CouDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 6:38 AM | Message # 17
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
IMO I like it. It will even out the playing field even more. Cheesy I see where you're coming from but he's talking about the highest level. If you're playing unstacked, you're going to be most likely the lowest level after while the stacked team will feed off pubs and gaining levels, and even more so, preventing them from getting a further advantage, so I don't see how it affects the unstacked? so toming won't be locked for the underdog. unless you can guarantee that the underdog always be the highest level after mass? Maybe Bond you can do a give and take? Restore the CD of tomes to it's originality while implementing the balance of the highest level cannot tome?

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

RosarioVampireZDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 6:53 AM | Message # 18
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
This is so complicated
Unless im wrong, usually the UNDERDOG is the highest level if your up against stacked and this is by PURE tome
taking tome away will.... ruin the game for the UNDERDOG

BUT
now if a PRO does it in a STACKED team...gg
its retardedly imbalanced and shuld be removed or something

i think that tome of experience should :
Level 1 to 6, 1 lvl
Level 7 to 9, .8 lvl
Level 10 to up, .5 lvl

:)))))

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 10:05 AM | Message # 19
Ninja
well i got it often enough that my allies leave after mass... if i dont keep highest lvl then, im 100% fucked, and i will likely need some tomes for it...
altho, in general i dont like toming, it uses up alot of gold.... i prefer using the gold for scepter or some items, maybe a granite or 2. ive seen alot of pros lose cuz they used up their gold on aoe toming... u usually dont need lvl 16 to kill units, i honestly have no problem with tomes, unless maybe its for bears+chims build or most other summons.... but only cuz those spells are op as fuck

FirNesSDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 1:23 PM | Message # 20
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Quote (Bond009)
The only exception to this rule will be if you are lvl 10 or lvl 15.

I agree with the basic idea, but not with this one. It's not that hard to pass from level 10/15 to 11/16 when you have the highest level in game, sorry...

Quote (Legal_life)
tomb of experice: gives 500 xp or something.

therefore it sucks lategame

100% agree.

Bond009Date: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 4:28 PM | Message # 21
Overall Site Owner
Quote (Cou)
IMO I like it. It will even out the playing field even more. Cheesy I see where you're coming from but he's talking about the highest level. If you're playing unstacked, you're going to be most likely the lowest level after while the stacked team will feed off pubs and gaining levels, and even more so, preventing them from getting a further advantage, so I don't see how it affects the unstacked? so toming won't be locked for the underdog. unless you can guarantee that the underdog always be the highest level after mass? Maybe Bond you can do a give and take? Restore the CD of tomes to it's originality while implementing the balance of the highest level cannot tome?

Quote (FirNesS)
I agree with the basic idea, but not with this one. It's not that hard to pass from level 10/15 to 11/16 when you have the highest level in game, sorry...

yea i agree..

and to cou talk about cheesy's view, i think a loner being lucky and being the higher level would be smarter to buy items to protect his hero anyway instead of toming because the stacked team will at some point kill you, and when they do they will gain mad xp and gold from you and catch up making all that gold on tomes wasted anyway, so they would be better off getting a mana item and hearts and other hero buffing items to never die.
For the under dog vs stacked team it will come back to bite him in the ass more cases than not.
So the very few situations that tomes help the under dog instead of pros just abusing its power to get way ahead.
I think the raito of pros abusing it is like 99% outweighing the down sides of it.

Now for pure balance i think my idea with limiting top lvl players not being able to get it is better
but the set 500 xp tome is not too bad either making it not as great later in game.. but that still wont solved the pros getting ahead problem, because if its still worth it pros will still do it in order to get or stay way ahead even if its not as much as now.
And it could cause other problems becuz when you get a new hero it would probably take a lvl 1 to level 4 right away.

Lets all agree on 1 method and then work from there.

If you would like i could make it so even if they are the top leveld player in the game then are allowed to use it once to get ahead 1 level but idk.. that would probably hurt more than help and wreck the point of the system

could take this out too
"The only exception to this rule will be if you are lvl 10 or lvl 15."

was just throwing that out to show there could be rules around if needed.

FirNesSDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 5:05 PM | Message # 22
Robotic Ninja
I agree for the 500xp tome, but you could make a CD enough high not to be too op.
If you don't like this idea, so set a limit of 2 tomes or 1 for each hero maximum, or increase the cd of tome but not only of the first one...
But I think we should take the first idea but not only to the highest level in game... Also to the second one because two of the guys in a stacked team can still tome if the other one leveled a but faster...
Then I didnt read answers but I will later.
Thanks for trying balancing the game, cause actually even a game with 11 pubs and one "pro" isn't fun at all. That's sure that this nerf would at least remedy a little bit to this. Many many people (including me) are actually toming in most of the games.

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 5:29 PM | Message # 23
Ninja
dont try to make pubs = pros
it ainth gonne happen dude, tomes already have a pretty high cd

FirNesSDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 5:51 PM | Message # 24
Robotic Ninja
Lol, their Cd is really low, if you have enough gold you can level up very fast even without getting xp thanks to heroes and units killed. Bond, what is his exact cool down ?

Bond009Date: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 7:30 PM | Message # 25
Overall Site Owner
i forget what the ssd-cd time is (start-stock-delay-cool-down) but the restock is 90sec

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 1:23 AM | Message # 26
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
i like the idea, and voted yes, but isnt the game supposed to be more like a custom hero arena with tech as a sidenote?
just a thought

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 2:14 AM | Message # 27
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Cou you don't understand shit of what I said. Think about it this way.

When it's innevitable another team may catch up or will you have too be able too stay on top too prevent that shit. Cuz nothing is more op than teamwork. Sounds cheesy of me too say but teamwork can beat anything. Once you get out of mass you gotta stay on top and toming helps prevent these huge bullshit team ganks because you can intimidate them more. This actually affects solo play alot because no matter what the stacked team will find a way too level. Slow or not, they will always find some way.

When you're debating shit like this I want you too test it out yourself. Get an idea of what you're trying too fuck with first bond. Play a few games and use this tactic first. Gather the advantages and cons so YOU as a map creator get the idea. I know somethings gotta change for tomes and I agree, but taking a freedom of choice away is fucking stupid.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 2:15 AM

Bond009Date: Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 3:21 AM | Message # 28
Overall Site Owner
yea i get ya, been playing a few games and using tomes a lot more, havent lost yet doing it, but keep in mind i've been on the up side when using them so far, i havet used them when on the losing side in this testing yet.

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 3:24 AM | Message # 29
Robotic Ninja
Bond, this isnt something u can just change

Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
Once you get out of mass you gotta stay on top and toming helps prevent these huge bullshit team ganks because you can intimidate them more

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
taking tome away will.... ruin the game for the UNDERDOG

In one way tome is unfair in stacked teams BUT dont forget the fact that underdogs would do whatever to catch up stacked teams

Quote (Bond009)
i think a loner being lucky and being the higher level would be smarter to buy items to protect his hero anyway instead of toming

In this case, i advise toming instead of getting useless hp. Whats better at getting gold and being save from mass raiders:

Quote (Bond009)

If you would like i could make it so even if they are the top leveld player in the game then are allowed to use it once to get ahead 1 level

if this happen, the underdog player can never catch up:
So if underdog played 1v3, whats better:
underdog lvl 7
stacked all lvl 6
or
underdog lvl 13
stacked lvl 6

Tome is the ONLY way to win against stacked teams no matter what (excluding g golems cause g golems gives 19 lvls out of 3.5k AND bk a few bases)
BUT
Tome is also the best way to bring imbalance when stacked team uses it

Added (2012-03-09, 4:24 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I GOT IDEA! A team with at least 2 PEOPLE WITH CODE WINS OVER 25 HAVE A LIMITED TOME PER HERO and then +500 rest tomes!
WHILE OTHERS DONT :)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 3:31 AM

a_chinese_kidDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 0:07 AM | Message # 30
Robotic Ninja
... why the hell would you make it worse for you to save win codes... dumb ass

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » An Idea for balance some may not like.. (JUST HEAR IT OUT ANYWAY)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501