Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 9:02 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Respect your GODLY elders - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Cheesy-Gordia  
Forum » Entertainment Discussion » Music » Respect your GODLY elders (Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold!)
Respect your GODLY elders
XXkillerbeansXXDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 0:09 AM | Message # 1
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0

Best opening guitar part in any song ever! Even Jimi Hendrix is a child compared to this!

This is one of the coolest songs ever written. I love the electric guitar opening.

Amazing Acoustic guitar opening. Even beats Pieces by Sum 41 done in acoustic.

Be amazed by this! Don't be fooled by the opening this is very very hard rock(not considered Metal in my opinion).
"You should've known, the price of evil, and it hurts to know, that you belong here, no one to call, everyone to fear, your tragic fate is looking so clear, ooooooo its you F***ING nightmare! HAHAHAHA!" best chorus ever written!

Brilliant, just brilliant cry cry cry (happy tears) :P just be amazed by these guys and be drowned into the music

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 12:17 PM | Message # 2
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
avenged sevenfold is hardly ANYONES elders lol , their good but there fairly newschool

you wan elders ? try Canabal Coprse , Christian Death , KMFDM , Carcass , GWAR Panterra , etc etc etc

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 4:21 PM | Message # 3
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
Yeah, Avenged Sevenfold are far from 'old' metal. And many would argue far from 'real' metal. They've regressed a lot since the Rev died, but I do still like their old stuff.
If you're starting to get into real heavy metal start with bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Slayer. You won't be disappointed.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 4:33 PM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
And don't ever compare Hammett to Hendrix. Not only are they in completely different genres, but there it's not even close. Hendrix is one of the best ever.

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 5:59 PM | Message # 5
Zombie Pirate
ummm... i didnt say that avenged sevenfold is old metal... i didnt even say their metal. i said their very hard rock. and trixx, i wasnt talking about kirk hammet, i was talking about dave mustaine, the spider chord is one of the hardest, if not the hardest thing on a guitar to do, and this guy ^^ mastered it. jimi hendrix was amazing and arguably the most important person to play guitar, because of the lefty guitar, and was amazing. but mustaine still trumps him. don't forget mustaine also went on to form the legendary Megadeth. He started in "Panic". He was so good on an electric guitar that when Metallica hosted auditions for a new lead guitarist, they didn't even audition anyone after hearing him warm-up.
This guy and the band he formed were so good, that Megadeth was part of the "Clash of the Titans" tour overseas, and is still in the Big Four today(Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax). Now compare Jimi Hendrix to this monster.

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 9:39 PM | Message # 6
Zombie Pirate
You said that they're "elders" so that's the implication...
Don't get me wrong, Mustaine's great. Probably the best metal guitarist ever. But he wasn't in Metallica when they wrote Battery.

Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
the spider chord is one of the hardest, if not the hardest thing on a guitar to do

Do you play guitar? Because I've played for going on 10 years and I'd have to disagree

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 10:34 PM | Message # 7
Site Manager
mustaine is a great guitarist but he is no randy rhodes or jimi hendrix or even ccarlos santana or Zack Wyld

and as for metalica at one time they were amazing but they solf out with Load and beyond and realy dont desirve respect anymore

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Wednesday, 09-May-2012, 11:08 PM | Message # 8
Zombie Pirate
Idc if he was in metallica at that time or not trixx :P... that is one of metallica's best song in my opinion so i posted it.

@spidey: you're right that they suck, but its only in recent years that they became like that. these guys were the innovators of heavy metal. they were considered speed metal when they started, but gradually replaced heavy metal. the big heavy metal bands before metallica were iron maiden and led zeppelin. dave mustaine is the main reason they were so good.
he wrote part of Master of puppets which is their biggest masterpiece(he wrote the Leper Messiah part of it). He played all the guitar in there and that isn't just metallica's best song, its the best metal song ever written. He also wrote ride the lightning and one other song on that album. he wrote 4 songs on the Kill'em All album. these 2 albums contain metallica's best work excluding master of puppets and he wrote nearly all of their best songs. he wrote the four horsemen also. spidey and trixx, these were all during metallica's best years. llike i said before, he also formed one of the biggest metal bands of all time, only 3rd to Anthrax and Metallica.

I also love this guy's politic's. some of it is funny and the rest is reasonable. i copied and pasted this from an interview with a
reporter.
Over his career, Mustaine has made comments about politics in the US and internationally. In a confrontational 1988 interview with Sounds journalist Roy Wilkinson, Mustaine said, "If I were President of the United States, I'd build a great wall along the Mexican border and not let anybody in. ... The beauty is gone when you see Americans sleeping on sidewalks and it makes me sick to to think we have assh---s in this country letting f--king Mexicans in. Who needs this s--t?"
And his view on Obama is even better.

I can't bear to watch what's happened to our great country. Everybody's got their head in the sand. Everybody in the industry is like, 'Oh, Obama's doing such a great job...' I dont think so. Not from what I see."

He wrote the song "Gears of War" to correspond with the video game, and his song's Hangar 18, Symphony of Destruction, and Peace Sells rank in the top 20 of Metal songs ever.

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 10-May-2012, 1:08 PM | Message # 9
Site Manager
ah well yes he wrote a song for a VIDEO GAME he MUST be the best guitarist EVER /sigh

mN-Date: Thursday, 10-May-2012, 1:19 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
"not available in ur country"

Seriously the guy who came up with internet video commercials and countrycodes...

I am biwinning

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Thursday, 10-May-2012, 5:50 PM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Quote (lspiderl)
ah well yes he wrote a song for a VIDEO GAME he MUST be the best guitarist EVER /sigh

im not saying he is the best because of the song he wrote. im saying he was soo good that a huge company with the biggest budget in the country, with 21049812309814 other guys to choose from, chose him because he is the best.

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 0:18 AM | Message # 12
Zombie Pirate
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
Idc if he was in metallica at that time or not trixx :P... that is one of metallica's best song in my opinion so i posted it.

But your reply was in direct response to me saying that Hammett wasn't that great.

Also yes, we know all about Mustaine. I've always been a metalhead and Spidey was actually alive for all of those events, so I respect that you know the history but we don't need a lecture on it

slayer666Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 2:58 AM | Message # 13
Grunt
Awards: 2
Quote (lspiderl)
realy dont desirve respect anymore

I agree with that one ! i listen to metallica for many many years and the last album of them was Metallica ! the black album , after that too comercial !! shame coz i love the band itself
Avenged Sevenfold= I never listen before... and is not old metal ! 100 % guarantee Killer...
Now Killerbeans if you want to listen to some trash metal listen to SLAYER man :)) go to you tube and write Season In the Abbys(dave lombardo is AMAZING) or Metal Storm/Face the Slayer woooww what a tune ...u will see :)) and many others !! Like Spider and trixx mention before !SLAYER, Pantera , Sepultura, Metallica ,Anthrax, Death Angel, Skid Row, Dio, Alice In chains etc etc are Proper BAnds !! now a days is all Gay LOL !!
Anyway im glad that there still people out there listen to some good music and not JUSTIN FUCKING BIEBEER lol,...

You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing :)

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 8:24 PM | Message # 14
Zombie Pirate
I <3 anthrax. I <3 most metal bands. Personally the genre is amazing, unlike you guys, most people think it is Satanic because of Iron Maiden's song Number of the Beast. I respect all these opinions and support you have for the opinions, but I just think Mustaine is the best guitarist ever to play.

About Avenged Sevenfold, I was wrong saying their your elders, but I never said they're metal.
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
Be amazed by this! Don't be fooled by the opening this is very very hard rock(not considered Metal in my opinion).

And I'm somewhat prejudiced in favor of these guys as well as The Offspring because of their origin city. I <3 Huntington Beach more then any other place in the world.

I'm kind of wishing I didn't make this into an argumentative thread but more as just a statement about the genre and some bands similar to the genre and huge in the genre. I'll post my all-time favorite metal song below this(also Dave Mustaine :P).

slayer666Date: Saturday, 12-May-2012, 3:26 AM | Message # 15
Grunt
Awards: 2
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
I'm kind of wishing I didn't make this into an argumentative thread

I dont argue with you Killer , im actually happy you came with some good songs and at the end of the day ....things we talk in here are better than other theads that people talk just bull*%^& :)) And i want to say that i grow up listening to Mustaine , Hangar 18, So far so good so what, and one of my favorites is countdown to extintion!! that song lyrics are so true !! keep listening to good music :))

You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing :)

Forum » Entertainment Discussion » Music » Respect your GODLY elders (Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats