Aura of Weakness:
-Reduce enemy units armor by X
-Reduce enemy hero armor by X*2

Frozen Aura:
-Reduce enemy units attack speed by X

Lightning Aura:
-Deals X damage to enemy units each second
-Deals X*2 damage to enemy heroes each second

You already have few auras like these but why not to improve them!
Btw icons are very poor!

Leaderboard wtf? Create multiboard that will show number of living units for each player, number of kills, current gold, elapsed game time, main building level, hero level and so on!

Damage and armor upgrade icons are fail, I will create new ones for you!
Also download icons from THW and use Passive ones for auras, lol your slow aura use tornado active icon :P

Recipes are poor as well, you need 1 more item to replace that scroll in base :P

Also hero pick look a little bad, I don't know what to do so I just create new hero each time biggrin
Why not to create few heroes (5 agility, 5 int and 5 str for start) with different models, attributes and stats, you pick model and then learn spells liek for any other custom made hero ingame!

Still each hero form above can have 1 or 2 special abilities! (example: hero can look like Blademaster, his unique spell can be Ultimate Strike (20% chance to deal 0.5 of current target unit hp as damage to it, 2nd one can be active, hero can activate bladestorm becoming immune to magic for 4 sec and deal 50 damage per second to all nearby enemy units)

I can work with you on map and create multiboard and systems if you want?

So what you think ^^
Will upload icons soon!

Attachments: 5084095.jpg (218.1 Kb)

AntyoneDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 10:08 AM | Message # 2
Development Director
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 3
well, i like the icons.

-Kobas-Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 10:49 AM | Message # 3
Legacy Staff
Group: Site Management
Awards: 0
Check this ^^

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 12:44 PM | Message # 4
Hero
Awards: 2
We already have those auras and they do need to be buffed, but not in that way.

I love the leaderboard idea.

The Icons are fine for agi, int, and str. Changing the upgrade icons, maybe. Sorry but I don't like your suggested pics.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 1:43 PM | Message # 5
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Thats a neat moving sign for CHF Kobas how did you make that?

I agree some of the icons in the game could be changed and some of those auras should be buffed a bit.

Im not sure what you mean by this: "Recipes are poor as well, you need 1 more item to replace that scroll in base :P "
what scroll in base?

Why not to create few heroes (5 agility, 5 int and 5 str for start) with different models, attributes and stats, you pick model and then learn spells liek for any other custom made hero ingame!

People have mentioned that in the past but it seems most people better like -ar type games and it seems to work out best for this as far as fairness and balance, it forces people to add diversity to their builds. Plus theres already a system reward for people that play a lot can get a 50% chance at a hero type based on how many wins they have.

Leaderboard wtf? Create multiboard that will show number of living units for each player, number of kills, current gold, elapsed game time, main building level, hero level and so on!

The thing with this is, in this type of game its not good to show too much information. Alot of this is hiding the info from the other players and being able to go unnoticed sometimes. For example if it showed how many units you have and kills at all times everyone would always focus and team up together and could also know what team has alot of feed in a base without even going there to see. I have a command that shows it for a quick time "-pk" which i think is probably ok to have in the game just because it isnt always seen and advertised the whole game.
I would like to have a nice MB in there too sometimes but its probably best it doesnt. Maybe for some modes like CTF and the upcoming FTD mode. happy

Your welcome to help me but i've had crap happen back in the day with past maps and now certain games i just do not release. Its not that i dont trust ya its just too much risk.
DotA has alot of fans but because of that it also has alot of enemies. My games becoming the same way.. :/ It has A Lot of people that would love to get their hands on it and take it to hell and back.. not to mention all of the NoHunter.com people (clan halp) i think it is.
I had Vexslasher help with some things sometimes and i would just work on a side system with him and then import it and that helped alot in that way. Your welcome to help like that or with unit data smile Stuff like that could be a big help sometimes biggrin

-Kobas-Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:15 PM | Message # 6
Legacy Staff
Group: Site Management
Awards: 0
Dude I can deprotect your map at any time add few lines of code to it and upload map, then ingame write some shit and do whatever I want ^^

But I am nice guy after all, sorry if that above scary you wink

Quote (Bond009)
Im not sure what you mean by this: "Recipes are poor as well, you need 1 more item to replace that scroll in base :P "
what scroll in base?

You mention dota, you can see items with normal icons in shops right when you buy item you can see scroll!
That was my idea tongue

BUT, damn I love that "but" thing biggrin
All my ideas aren't just simple ideas, I can create any of them so I just like to bother people with informations tongue

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:19 PM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
ohhh i see what your saying.. yeah i could do that i suppose

And also i know people can "deprotect" maps and do all that, i can also wink
But it helps that alot of people dont know how. and also makes it like a lot more work that way. Also all the unit data is protected and cant be edited via normal object editor smile So its a bitch if they wanna do it like that. Its just good becuz 98% of the population cant do it which is good. lol

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:46 PM | Message # 8
Legacy Staff
I don't know much about that map protect thing, but cant u jsut report any hack to blizzard? I guess u got some kind of patient on ur map and then its illegal?

Inactive mod.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:51 PM | Message # 9
Overall Site Owner
No blizzard doesn't really care about anything like that. lol

Its just an asshole thing to do like i heard from ChrIs that LegionTD was hacked or a open version was leaked and thats where 2.7 came from i guess that last official version was 1.6b
Thats just the prob now a days too many noobs wanna get their hands on the big maps they like and in turn it wrecks the whole thing.

Imagine if there was like 100s of version of Dota or my game and you couldnt even tell them apart or who was making it or what the real most updated map even was aside from playing on the bots you know has the real thing. Thats what it would be like.

Kinda like it is now with LegionTD, theres like 3-4 different versions floating around on different bots on bnet and i have no idea what the most updated version is. The person that steals the real one almost always makes it a better higher version number even though it might not really be better.

Edit:
@ Kobas what do you mean you love that "but" thing? lol

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:05 PM | Message # 10
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Kobas, 'weaken' is tich mez aura and 'frozen' is frost aura :P
Tich mez is awesome, while frost aura kinda sucks.
And 'lightning aura' has been talked about before, as immolation aura, but there were some balancing issues. Also people wanted it to be a percentage, but apparently that was impossible...however with this JASS thing maybe it will be possible now? ;o

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:14 PM | Message # 11
Overall Site Owner
eh its possible but still sounds a bit too OP.

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:33 PM | Message # 12
Legacy Staff
Quote (Bond009)
Kinda like it is now with LegionTD, theres like 3-4 different versions floating around on different bots on bnet and i have no idea what the most updated version is. The person that steals the real one almost always makes it a better higher version number even though it might not really be better.

Yeah I notice that. That's the reason I only play 1.60 legiontd now. Or u can go on their webside and get the newest ver from there.

Inactive mod.

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 4:37 PM | Message # 13
Hero
Kobas, I agree with you but I also agree with bond. I have attatched an Exel file as an example of what I think would be a good idea.
Attachments: Leaderboard_chf.xlsx (10.6 Kb)

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 4:38 PM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
yea the guy that just tried to take it over with 2.7 is an ass.. although it is kinda fun playing x3 im sure the real maker will update that soon and make it better balanced. saddly i play the fake more than normal becuz 9000 likes the x3 alot lol

Alex[STAR]Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 5:43 PM | Message # 15
User
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Quote (Bond009)
No blizzard doesn't really care about anything like that. lol

It's too hard to prove and too time-wasting and unprofessional for Blizzard I spose...
Bloody ebcritical and his codehax...

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Auras
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1