Monday, 29-Apr-2024, 10:05 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Loading Screen - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Loading Screen (Compared to CHFG Bot)
Loading Screen
MoonDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 4:53 AM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
I've noticed on CHFG Bots, once you finish loading it goes to the game screen right away, and it shows the list of the people who are still loading. This is a VERY MINOR thing, but during this time you can put pregame commands like -load XXXX XX, -test afk, -no tk, and so on. Whereas the most games wait at the loading screen until everyone finishes. Is this something you care to fix Bond?

Alex[STAR]Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 6:47 AM | Message # 2
User
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Well its not really fix. Its a bot option.

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 7:58 AM | Message # 3
Development Director
Awards: 3
so basically its not a bug fix whatsoever, its just an option (available) I guess.

so its a suggestion.

im fine with it actually.

Alex[STAR]Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 9:36 AM | Message # 4
User
Theres ghost.cfg file, in it it has all the options.
Im not sure what loading screen is, but it will be something like

############
#loadscreenskip=#
############

0 for OFF
1 for ON.

Bond009Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 12:23 PM | Message # 5
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
yeah i dont really do that on my bots, ( did in the past for a while)
Reason is there is still alot of new people that try the game, and i want them to read the load screen so they know what they are in for and also know a little about the modes. Also sometimes 1 poor guy loads slower than everyone else and they either rush it and do a !votekick on him or they just yell at him once the game starts for loading slow.. The advantage with the commands doesnt really out-weigh those. Those are the things i have witnessed in the past so i just leave it default on mine.

tennisman22Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 4:52 PM | Message # 6
Noob
But Bond, the players don't go to the "lag screen" while waiting for others to load until people click, so noobs would still have time to read. Although yes, I see how vote-kicks could be a problem -.-

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 6:48 PM | Message # 7
Development Director
Quote (Bond009)
yeah i dont really do that on my bots, ( did in the past for a while) Reason is there is still alot of new people that try the game, and i want them to read the load screen so they know what they are in for and also know a little about the modes. Also sometimes 1 poor guy loads slower than everyone else and they either rush it and do a !votekick on him or they just yell at him once the game starts for loading slow.. The advantage with the commands doesnt really out-weigh those. Those are the things i have witnessed in the past so i just leave it default on mine.

but the reading doesnt take any longer than 15-20 seconds right? biggrin

i dont see any problem with that actually.

Bond009Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 7:46 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
I dont think its nice or fair to get a vote kick going on someone just because they take 20 sec more to load than everyone else, they had to wait in the lobby for the game to fill to, and you have to admit we all had a shit computer at one point in time.. wink

AntyoneDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 9:25 AM | Message # 9
Development Director
Quote (Bond009)
I dont think its nice or fair to get a vote kick going on someone just because they take 20 sec more to load than everyone else, they had to wait in the lobby for the game to fill to, and you have to admit we all had a shit computer at one point in time..

well doesnt it take 45 seconds, not 20? ^^
have this in mind that every time someone loads up the map, the counter is going back to 45 seconds again (i think) at least thats what i saw somewhere else.

ChrIsiceraDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 1:17 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
I also favor having it on start up.

Solution to various problems that you've observed:

Importance of the loading screen: Just make it so that important text is displayed on the right side of where the lag dialog box is, that way new people can still read that if they need to, and allow people to talk with one another while they wait, along with the ability to get codes, zooms, etc done already.

Vote Kicking: From the few times I've played on CHFGs bot I haven't seen this as at all of a problem unless the person is taking 6+ minutes to load, and unless you think our patrons are worse than theirs I see no reason to worry.

Master-HeroDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 1:31 PM | Message # 11
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
I agree with Isis!
I have only seen people kick a person on that way one time and that was because he was +5 min to dl the map. And when ur so slow I see no reason to not letting people kick him and in the meanwhile they can discuss tactic etc..

Inactive mod.

Alex[STAR]Date: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 3:02 PM | Message # 12
User
Even after maps loaded, you still get a whisper saying "Shortest load: Player A, Longest load: Player B" So I suppose it doesn't make a difference really.

HM2008Date: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 5:58 PM | Message # 13
Noob
I think that having the screen done when u have finished loading is better cause u can plan with ur teammates better in game b4 hand and put in codes quicker especially now since that if ur thier putting in codes and then pick hero sometimes u dont get the first 1 or 2 repick options that everyone else gets and this sucks. Also i have not once seen someone get kicked from load screen on CHFG bot. if this is a problem though is thier an option that allows only votekick abilities to b available after EVERYONE has loaded? Otherwise i would really like this to happen biggrin and thier is plenty of time for people to read the load screen while waiting... and if they r taking to long then that means they r just reading the load screen more specially if they r new lol

AntyoneDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 7:29 PM | Message # 14
Development Director
Quote (HM2008)
since that if ur thier putting in codes and then pick hero sometimes u dont get the first 1 or 2 repick options that everyone else gets and this sucks.

thank you for stating that ohyes

MoonDate: Tuesday, 02-Nov-2010, 10:14 PM | Message # 15
Noob
i love corns

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Loading Screen (Compared to CHFG Bot)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501