Tuesday, 07-May-2024, 2:37 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New Spell: Defend - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Spell: Defend ((For Heroes))
New Spell: Defend
Vampirism_FireDate: Sunday, 04-Mar-2012, 10:34 PM | Message # 1
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
Defend: Basically a leveled version of the defend ability footmen in the normal game can get. The only difference is that there will be no reflection but it will work for all ranged attacks as well as spell damage. It may seem OP for reducing so much damage but I had to do this because of the existence of the Magic Bracers and also It is a defensive move. Compare it to Trueshot aura which gets up to +90% for an aoe, this move is for one person and maxes out at 70% and 63% reduction.

Edit: The following Values are the current Proposal changed as a response to the feedback on the originals. The values below can and will change so all following posts may not apply.

Level.....Ranged DMG Reduction.....Magic Resistance.....Slow movement speed by
1---------------------09%-------------------------5%------------------------30%
2---------------------18%------------------------15%------------------------30%
3---------------------27%------------------------25%------------------------30%
4---------------------36%------------------------35%------------------------30%
5---------------------45%------------------------45%------------------------30%
6---------------------60%------------------------60%------------------------30%

Reposted from the Old Site
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Custom_Hero_Footies/index.php?showtopic=343

Please note that values can be changed to balance better.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

a_chinese_kidDate: Sunday, 04-Mar-2012, 11:13 PM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 0
that needs to be reduced numbers for level 4,5,6 ish cause thats a lot of spell reduction. it would be impossible to kill a mauler in this form just cause of the spell reduction

Spell damage reducing is 100% more valuable then ranged damage reduction

RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 04-Mar-2012, 11:38 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
This has to be nerfed
otherwise, no one would take evasion and awe aura and frost aura
(its basically 3 auras combined into 1)

a_chinese_kidDate: Monday, 05-Mar-2012, 2:27 PM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
By slow movement speed he means slow the heroes speed

Bond009Date: Monday, 05-Mar-2012, 5:30 PM | Message # 5
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yea its basically the footmen defend ability in ladder only as a hero skill is what this is talking about, it would reflect ranged and it can also limit spell damage, an i think it would be an activated skill that you can turn on and off when needed, when its active it would slow your hero down by 30%

a_chinese_kidDate: Monday, 05-Mar-2012, 5:42 PM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
if anyone adds to bonds rep i swear to god.

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 28-Mar-2012, 10:53 AM | Message # 7
Hero
I hadn't thought about rep but you make a good point, Bond did basically sum up the skill perfectly. So...

@Rosario, It is not an Aura.

@Bond, It is not meant to reflect as-is but I could redo it to add that interesting aspect in.

And I agree it is kinda OP as is, as this stacking with magic resist bracer would be an amazing combo.

Level......Ranged DMG Reduction.....Magic Resist.....Slowed by.....Reflect(Magic)(Physical)
1---------------------08%-------------------05%-----------30%-----------------05%----15%---
2---------------------15%-------------------10%-----------29%-----------------10%----20%---
3---------------------25%-------------------15%-----------28%-----------------15%----25%---
4---------------------35%-------------------20%-----------27%-----------------20%----30%---
5---------------------45%-------------------25%-----------26%-----------------25%----35%---
6---------------------60%-------------------40%-----------20%-----------------40%----50%---

Compare this to Spiked Carapace and this is a pretty bad skill. I personally feel the Magic resist should top out at now lower than 50 but I want this to be implemented and not break shit.

I just want to see more tanky builds and less offensive. I add in the reflect because bond mentioned it and because My Auras don't seem to be going anywhere. My only fear now is that it is turning out to be a pretty complex skill.

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 28-Mar-2012, 5:27 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
spell will fail against multi arrow like the divine problem with base kill

magic resistance idea too op
reason antimagic and summoning stone in game
no ome would get drunken brawler and evasion agauin

this spell would mean spiked plus this is gg cause this defemd ability is op as fk

This game is not fkin ladder

Vampirism_FireDate: Tuesday, 19-Jun-2012, 8:21 PM | Message # 9
Hero
Too OP? Suggest stats for it to be fair then.

Spiked + Defend means you have used up 2 skill slots for Personal Defense, good luck helping your team out much with both these skills. Sure you can hold an aura ring but wouldn't it be better to just get real auras and be safe?

As far as people never getting evasion/drunken, why get cold shot over frost nova? many skills are worse than other skills. It just happens. I personally think that you would see more evasion usage with this implemented, for people might want to use evasion AND this skill together to be even more tanky.

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 20-Jun-2012, 0:22 AM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
Spiked + Defend means you have used up 2 skill slots for Personal Defense, good luck helping your team out much with both these skills. Sure you can hold an aura ring but wouldn't it be better to just get real auras and be safe?

.. get a cloak plus all the back fire damage you get .. and you do have teammates.. all you'd have to do is tank like a granite golem while they just aoe attack the whole time. btw people do get drunken that spell is good.
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
I personally think that you would see more evasion usage with this implemented, for people might want to use evasion AND this skill together to be even more tanky.

Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
Spiked + Defend means you have used up 2 skill slots for Personal Defense,

.. i think you are contradicting your self in the same post.

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 20-Jun-2012, 0:34 AM | Message # 11
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
i would say it sfine as it is but with one change

reduce not jsut movement speed but all speed movement speed and attack speed and possibly cooldown speeds by 30%

give it a say 100 mana cost to toggle on and off

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 20-Jun-2012, 0:39 AM | Message # 12
Robotic Ninja
okay im not sure you guys realize.. but spell resistance is op in itself by so much. just having a spell with magic resistance at 60% i would probably consider this op. Do you realize how hard it would be to kill you? you could only use ultimates and hammer of thor and brute force. Bolt coil would only take down 50-60% of your health.

Priest-Of-Sin4961Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-2012, 2:19 AM | Message # 13
Noob
Group: New Users
well i agree whit spider.in normal game will be dificult to make your strategy win whit this spell if you make change like spider says(well yea dont forget whit 2 good team mates you will rule the game no mather what).and in sdd (well idk)mode you will kinda rule combine whit good spells and if you buy items(its almost imposible not to win).and i also agree whit chinese this spell resistance is to much.combine whit spiked and devine you will be the perfect tank(and if your team mates poll and you buy some items like cloak and others damage/agi items you will only have to stay in enemy base mean while you team mates do the rest and you will get the win) if the spell is not nerfed a little bit more.and i thing dmg reduction its all so to much at lvl 6.and i also i thing will be perfect to have like 20 sec duration or even less and cd 35/40 sec or even more but remember you will still rule even so whit good team mates.

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 31-Jul-2013, 1:04 PM | Message # 14
Hero
Tanks aren't all a bad thing. As far as standing in bases killing footies, Unless the game has dramatically changed, if you dont kill your own footies with a cannon tower somebody else will come in and kill them. So being able to sit in a base and SLOWLY kill footies with cloak is just another way to do it. And if you think that it's Too strong, think normally if somebody was noob enough to keep large numbers of footies just sitting at thier base, then they most likely aren't good enough to defend from the other normal strategies.

I just wish this game had more tank/healer/dps  specilization. As it is you have 3 types of builds. Hero Killers, Unit killers, and Supports. The whole game is who can rush/kill others the best. I think it would be an interesting game mechanic to see people play more defensively with hero builds, not just towers as defensive structures.

Message edited by Vampirism_Fire - Wednesday, 31-Jul-2013, 1:05 PM

ic3dt3aDate: Wednesday, 31-Jul-2013, 4:10 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote (a_chinese_kid)
stahp.

agreed, he jsut came and bumped one of his ideas he even admits he hasnt played in a while.... wtf

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Spell: Defend ((For Heroes))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats