• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Voting Interface
Voting Interface
ArcttyDate: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 0:09 AM | Message # 1
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Chosing ars, ssd, ctf, 6v6 change the game a lot. If red types it quick a lot of times people just press enter without looking or when they try to load their code. When voting is done it should pause the game or something and have like a 10-20 second period and just have a blank screen before we pick heroes when red can initiate a vote and everyone can see exactly what they are picking (even though it is already pretty obvious). Then after the 20 second voting period is over red can no longer do any voting comands.

I know there are a lot of threads about new game modes, no choosing ssd after mass or after everyone picks heroes etc, I think this would be a good way to implement that.

AntyoneDate: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 6:38 AM | Message # 2
Development Director
Awards: 3
yes i agree and some time ago i already mentioned the problem with voting interface that a lot of people just press enter without looking (when typing codes, commands etc.)

my idea on this would be: first there is a vote for ssd and ars, then the -repick commands start to work just after the voting.
if u see a vote going for ars, u end up being able to repick only once, maybe twice if you are lucky because its with such a delay that first auto-repick was already done and you wasted it. thats just bull

ofc. best would be to delete ssd or do something with it, i dont know..

Message edited by Antyone - Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 6:38 AM

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 12:24 PM | Message # 3
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
yeah it could use fixing, maybe after tying it theres a pause with 1 sec delay and makes a noise to let ppl know its voting time? I dont really want a game where theres a 20 sec pause at start regardless if red wants to choose modes or not.. lol Thats prob a bad way to do it. ppl like non stop action and hate waiting in wc games even for cut scenes lol

AntyoneDate: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 1:11 PM | Message # 4
Development Director
that was just rough ideas i guess, the point is that this is the kind of thing that has some fixing to do.
as far as i can see, im not the only one who noticed the problem with the voting i guess tongue

mb53Date: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 3:40 PM | Message # 5
Community Director
Group: Users
Awards: 2
Well, I play without sound, so a noise wouldn't help much =P

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

ArcttyDate: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 5:26 PM | Message # 6
Ninja
Awards: 0
I know people don't like cut scenes but there isnt a lot of "nonstop action" to miss out on when chosing heroes and buying scroll lol. Maybe not a complete cut scene but at least gray the game out and make a big headline "Game modes will be decided on an voted for" or something, then red has like 8 seconds to type what game mode he wants people to vote for. The voting screen goes up, everyone gets a total of 10 seconds (or less) to vote and people who don't vote just chose like an "i dont care" option by default.

I understand being against cut scenes and long intros but when you have ctf, ssd, ars, 6v6, tower defense coming soon and all these other options in the same game, some sort of game freeze and voting period will be needed in my opinon, but I am not making the map lol, just my thoughts.

AntyoneDate: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2010, 5:55 PM | Message # 7
Development Director
ye maybe just a black screen together with pausing the game at the beginning for choosing options etc.
arctty got a point with all these modes to choose from, its gonna get crazy, hell it already is kind of..

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Voting Interface
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501