Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Tonberry
Tonberry
Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 6:32 PM | Message # 31
Legacy Staff
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
Quote (NoBrain)
I remember we played a map with this unit, she cost only 400, or something like that, and i got 1 hero

I was there and cheesy too.
I bought 3 of them and hide them in our base. I think I got 4 hk's from them tongue

Inactive mod.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 7:02 PM | Message # 32
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yea theres ez ways to make it not go in a zep.

and i wasnt talking about the creep having 8k hp i ment the tower has 8k hp

theres alot of details to work out still like how much armor will this have? hp? attack will be 9999? how fast like 1 hit per min? 1 hit per 30 secs..?
what move speed? like as fast as a NE tree? or slower? how much slower than the rock giant hero should it be?

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 23-Feb-2011, 9:08 PM | Message # 33
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
with that kinda damage i would say one hit per min

id say cost should be much higher at least 3k

perhaps moderate hero armor

make sure it cant be lusted

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

Master-HeroDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 5:43 AM | Message # 34
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
The problems is, like nobrain said, it can be used for any tower. It can easily take a frosttower down and the frosttower has no chance to stop a magic immun thing with 9999 damage.

Inactive mod.

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 10:08 AM | Message # 35
Development Director
Quote (lspiderl)
make sure it cant be lusted

why not? whats the use of lust anyways if you can't do anything good with it at all?
or am I the only one here who thinks lust is crap?

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 11:07 AM | Message # 36
Site Manager
apparently you missed the point where it does 9999 damage the only thiing that balances that out is that it attacks like once per min

IF it could be lusted it would attack nearly twice as fast if not faster totaly making it unbalanced

it would be like avalance but instead of doing 500 its doing jsut under 10k you dont see the problem with that ?

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 12:18 PM | Message # 37
Development Director
oh, u mean bloodlust, for whatever reason (dont ask why..) i thought u meant ulti spell charm..

lolbladeDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 3:47 PM | Message # 38
Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
BOND can u make so that this creep only has the ability to atk TOT or mostly towers???

sig in construction

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:46 PM | Message # 39
Robotic Ninja
If it can hit towers it can hit bases.....

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Bond009Date: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:47 PM | Message # 40
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
not very easily.. its simple to make it able to attack building or not but specific buildings only is a different thing, it would only be few lines of code but prob is i cant remember how it reacts to just auto attacking rather than clicking on something to attack. cant member if it acts differently or not which if it does could make it harder than i remember it being.

Anyway this idea was gotten from mr.sexys version and lets not forget in his version this thing had magic damage (couldnt attack magic immune units) and it was unable to attack any buildings at all.. that kept it fairly balanced.. but ppl want this thing to be a anit ToT and idk about that..

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 4:48 PM | Message # 41
Robotic Ninja
If this thing can hit towers it can hit bases making it just gg everyday.

lolbladeDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 6:24 PM | Message # 42
Pirate
Awards: 0
Quote (lolblade)
If it can hit towers it can hit bases.....

i was thininkin some other way except the obvious. which is to change wat it atks to buildings

sig in construction

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 6:29 PM | Message # 43
Robotic Ninja
Game mechanics won't allow that...

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 8:42 PM | Message # 44
Site Manager
something that does 10k damage should NOT be able to hit ANY buildings thats rediculous

a 2-3k summon that can one shot an 8k tower is simply rediculous

CouDate: Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 9:20 PM | Message # 45
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
TOTs are underused though as it is, as you pointed out Bond =P and Spider has a huge point. 8 k is a waste if there's a 3 k counter attack. TOTs will cease to exist if something like that comes into gameplay. No one would want to buy a terror if one of the teams decide to buy that summon to take down that tower- not only that, killing a tot has a 1500 cash back. So paying 3 k for a summon and then killing a tot will only be technically paying 1500 for that summon. now in your "legion " mode it would be good. Let it spawn and come slowly walking to the towers or terror or building while the heros put their efforts into stopping that thing - sounds a bit like ffx right thar when you run into a master tonberry lol but yeh, back on track. The whole idea of ToT was to prevent any bk too quickly and I'd normally use it if I'm cornered playing with pubs or at worse, noobs and believe me, it's given me that fun adrenaline rush when you get enough for that tot and seeing that construction at work and you get pros and pubs trying to bk you. Once it's built, you get this flush of relief and ease and from there it's like you got more security too, as if those reinforcements you needed finally arrived. From there, it's an epic battle of lock down of people trying to overrun your base or destroy it but ends in consistent fails lol.

Leaving the tot as it is, is my opinion. It's never really unbalanced the game play- except step up the notch for players to tier or get pengs quickly. Unbalance is something that ruins the game play for everyone. ToT doesnt, it just makes it a little bit harder. If ToT had legs, then nerfing it would be a priority LoL

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

Message edited by Imported_N00b - Thursday, 24-Feb-2011, 9:30 PM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » Tonberry
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map