Saturday, 04-May-2024, 7:30 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Abilties that are underestimated - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Abilties that are underestimated
Abilties that are underestimated
Cheesy-GordiaDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 3:59 PM | Message # 1
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Manaburn (SO AMAZING): Sure mana burn may not be strong at level one or two but it keeps players back from casting abilities on ur teammates if they about to die. Also it does quite some damage after level 3.

Soulburn(Great) Like silent, on one person but it last very long and amazing range, low mana cost and fast cooldown

Silence: (lvl 5 and 6 are so radtastic): Sure it does the same thing with a little higher aoe and time limit lvl 1-4, but lvl 5 to 6 it stops units from attacking, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

Hex (Why?): Its like silence + soulburn, its last long , fast cd and low mana cost + they cant use items.

Roots (pain in the ass): Stops ppl from blinking and u can see people that r wwed, does dmg and long range.

Shadow strike (Does more damage than coil, but its not automatically): Sure it doesnt do all the damage total at once, but it slows the heroes alooot.

Sleep: This thing at lvl 5-6, OMG LOL 2 SEC CD LONG RANGE

These abilities can really help everyone in an inhouse game. Try these out and if your losing with them, you will adapt. Pce out Foo's!

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 10:36 PM

Bond009Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 4:21 PM | Message # 2
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
lol yea i tried to buff the mana type abilities alot to make them useful i hope i didnt make them tOO useful.. xD

also seems like this would go in game strategy?

AntyoneDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 4:48 PM | Message # 3
Development Director
Group: Clan Members
i agree with all of them. silence lvl 5/6 is a badass when there is a dark vs dark fight late in game.

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 5:03 PM | Message # 4
Grunt
Awards: 0
Manaburn's really character dependant and can be massive fail against mauler builds. sad

*Owls are pretty decent too on this regard but take way more micro, L6 owls burn 1K mana and provide truesight, along with this they offer no gold for dying so sending them into someone's base just to scout is fine.

Soulburn's more annoying than actually good IMO it also decreases movement speed and does damage, but overall is not worth a slot that could be silence.

Silence IMO is the best skill in the game at L5 and 6. L1-4 are decent skills as well. Late game makes you really hard to kill. Note, L6 silence can permanently keep a large group of darks from attacking... This is probably the best counter to darks in the game other than darks of your own (And of course transmute)

Hex is a slept on skill agreed, Hex also reduces the target's armor to 0 while they're an animal so units, golems, chims, etc beast even harder against them.

*Sleep is incredibly powerful and anyone who thinks 'just attack yourself with units' doesn't know about proper sleep use and how low its cooldown is, at L4 you can keep a full team locked down while farming their base. It's a double edged sword thanks to the time they're invulnerable for however.

Entangle is okay, again good support for things like golems, but also importantly is the absolute anti-mauler skill it stops attacking and their casting is limited if functional at all, people forget how useful this is against maulers --;.

Shadow strike I haven't used enough to form a good opinion of it. sad

As for other slept on skills that people seem to forget are good.

Quillbeasts: Stupid high DPS great as long as there are other things to tank for them.

D-shield: People don't give this enough love, but if you're a hero with a good/decent movespeed farmers can use this instead of windwalk in order to seriously deal damage.

Vengeance: This is practically as good as chims since the only counter to it the feedback counters just fine, if you have auras you can remove towers with it very quickly and fairly safely.

Tranquility: This is the only channeling ultimate in the game that doesn't suck. It's incredibly strong if your team mates have the right skills to take advantage of it.

Druids: They're exceptional HK and pretty good at everything in general, just need longer duration to be worth it.

Blink: With stomp farmers blink is really good as long as you have mana and health, I think d-shield is better, but blink allows you to get around quickly and its slow on exit is a good start even though at L6 it should be stun instead and 3 up should be slow.

Message edited by ChrIsicera - Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 5:05 PM

mb53Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 5:55 PM | Message # 5
Community Director
Awards: 2
What about my lava spawns? ^.^

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 6:33 PM | Message # 6
Grunt
dispel to money ratio on lava spawns hurts them. X_X

TrixxareforkidsDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 6:46 PM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Soul burn is a lot more effective in ult foots. The dps was much higher, and it fit in nicely with the blood mage's skill set (ps make flame strike a good as it should be).

Other than that, yeah, you've touched on a lot of great combos. Be sure to include drunken haze+fire breath (which should be stronger!) =)

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

mb53Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 9:32 PM | Message # 8
Community Director
How much gold do lava spawns give? (oh, and I moved the thread to game strategy)

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 10:35 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
@ Isis.

Noticed how all my abilities are meant for heroes only, ill get to unit ctrl abis later.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 11:46 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
How did you not put druids on under rated anti hero though? XD

PinasDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 2:55 AM | Message # 11
Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
I love druids XD They can kill bases at lvl 2 with true cmd and end auras

Soulburn is badass. Try this skill set acid bomb soulburn 3rd desn't matter but ww is pretty good. If anyone know ice-cream he uses it alot and it is effective

I love vengeance as well and with a pot of focus 6 avaters it owns try it =P

Penis

Vampirism_FireDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 8:11 AM | Message # 12
Hero
lol, my brother plays with manaburn, hex, and sleep all in one. Choses torrential for super. Anoying as hell but in the end he always loses.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

AntyoneDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 9:17 AM | Message # 13
Development Director
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
lol, my brother plays with manaburn, hex, and sleep all in one. Choses terrential for super. Anoying as hell but in the end he always loses.

biggrin the power of the irony

Vampirism_FireDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 11:11 AM | Message # 14
Hero
But he is not a very good player anyway. He goes into the game knowing he will lose but since I normally win we make a deal that I can steal all his immobilized kills, I won't HK him, he won't immobilize me, and I won't finish him off till last. Unlike most people he always plays for fun, not to win.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

AntyoneDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 11:20 AM | Message # 15
Development Director
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
But he is not a very good player anyway. He goes into the game knowing he will lose but since I normally win we make a deal that I can steal all his immobilized kills, I won't HK him, he won't immobilize me, and I won't finish him off till last. Unlike most people he always plays for fun, not to win.

lol, way to win vamp! cool

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Abilties that are underestimated
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501