Tuesday, 30-Apr-2024, 4:23 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

The Death Of CHFG Strategy. - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » The Death Of CHFG Strategy.
The Death Of CHFG Strategy.
ManicDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 5:21 AM | Message # 1
Archer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Lately I have been seeing an increased criticism of teams that use strategy and it has recently reached new heights.

First off i would like to say what is the problem with pooling? if u hate pooling u obviously are not familiar with the original game. You should all be pooling! each time should have 3 players each with heros and pooling a single player to tech to fight other teams. Really what is the alternative? The "footmen" part of custom hero "footmen" is kinda important. Contrary to popular belief they are not simply there to feed ur nova mass.

Second the criticism of teamwork. Im not talking stacked teams but really teamwork! Recently i was criticized for hking as a group. No we didnt mass storm hammer or anything over powered we just played close and killed heros as they walked by. The other team started saying we were cowards for attacking together. What do they expect? we each take turns wandering into the center so they can hit us with coil?

Lastly the massive increase of storm hammer nuke ww builds. Of course it is a strategy like all of the others but it shouldn't be. It is a stretegy that takes the strategy out of the game. If u can 1 hit any hero your level with no cd then obviously your build is too strong. It literally takes no skill to coil hammer yet people do it and call themselves pro. I know it is just another build and people will always do it because hell its easy. It just grinds my gears when some punk gets coil and talks shit to me as i try to win with a legitimate build. It strips away 90% of the elements of the game.

*Please decrease the cost of anti-magic bracers* i cant remember the name but the ones that decrease spell dmg and cost 1400...

Of course feel free to respond but please do not flood the page with comments of no redeeming value.

RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 5:29 AM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Oh stfu w/ flaming

Quote (Manic)
problem with pooling

It becomes a problem when u mass pool someone all game who has d arrows (Stacked team) and ur solo

Quote (Manic)
Second the criticism of teamwork

teamwork is retarded. U want herokill? Go bolt coil strike
THATS SKILLS

Quote (Manic)
storm hammer nuke ww builds

Another pro buiild
thats SKILLS that KILLS the HILLS

Quote (Manic)
Please decrease the cost of anti-magic bracers

more like decrease the recipe item..lol (3 - 5k for spell effect? i would rather get strength items)

Quote (Manic)
of no redeeming value.

Im ros and i love my new sig
Elton John allll the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 7:20 AM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
You forgot "APF" in the title.

Message edited by Fir - Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 7:20 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 7:43 AM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Fir)
You forgot "APF" in the title.

I am the Alpha and the Omega
Nothing passes through vampires, not even APF in the sig
dry biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Quote (Manic)
storm hammer nuke ww builds

i thought it was swarm coil www

ÜberGeekDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 9:58 AM | Message # 5
Mr. Löwenstein
Quote (Manic)
Lately I have been seeing an increased criticism of teams that use strategy and it has recently reached new heights.

First off i would like to say what is the problem with pooling? if u hate pooling u obviously are not familiar with the original game. You should all be pooling! each time should have 3 players each with heros and pooling a single player to tech to fight other teams. Really what is the alternative? The "footmen" part of custom hero "footmen" is kinda important. Contrary to popular belief they are not simply there to feed ur nova mass.

Second the criticism of teamwork. Im not talking stacked teams but really teamwork! Recently i was criticized for hking as a group. No we didnt mass storm hammer or anything over powered we just played close and killed heros as they walked by. The other team started saying we were cowards for attacking together. What do they expect? we each take turns wandering into the center so they can hit us with coil?

Lastly the massive increase of storm hammer nuke ww builds. Of course it is a strategy like all of the others but it shouldn't be. It is a stretegy that takes the strategy out of the game. If u can 1 hit any hero your level with no cd then obviously your build is too strong. It literally takes no skill to coil hammer yet people do it and call themselves pro. I know it is just another build and people will always do it because hell its easy. It just grinds my gears when some punk gets coil and talks shit to me as i try to win with a legitimate build. It strips away 90% of the elements of the game.

*Please decrease the cost of anti-magic bracers* i cant remember the name but the ones that decrease spell dmg and cost 1400...

Of course feel free to respond but please do not flood the page with comments of no redeeming value.

Typing "-pool off", "-no mind rape", and "-no ww" solves a lot of problems. It forces players to use some actual skills, instead of relying on cheap builds.

Do post more Manic, you write sound messages and I like reading your opinion.

P.S. People will whine and complain about anything and everything.

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Message edited by ÜberGeek - Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 10:25 AM

Pyo-LizZoODate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 11:32 AM | Message # 6
Hero
Quote (ÜberGeek)
"-no ww"

-nwd*

fyp

pew pew - hele killer style

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 11:48 AM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
"-no ww" does exist for red, need 15 wins to do it.

Bond009Date: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 12:12 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote (ÜberGeek)
Typing "-pool off", "-no mind rape", and "-no ww" solves a lot of problems. It forces players to use some actual skills, instead of relying on cheap builds.

Do post more Manic, you write sound messages and I like reading your opinion.

P.S. People will whine and complain about anything and everything.

agreed he has good outlook on the game, aside form -no mindrape doesnt really make the game more balanced i only added that back in the day becuz i knew the spell wasnt 100% solid yet but now it is glitch free

also i think the price for the bracers are pretty good, i wouldnt mind lowering the price but the cons may out weigh the pros of it. heres why, the ppl vs those hero killers could get this.. but so could they and that would make them even harder to kill so the people in the lead it would benefit more than the losing team that needs it.
Also when that 5k recipe 75% spell resistance item is bought it does much more than buying a heart or str items. and when also buying those items the benefit of it grows exponentially, because even haveing 1000hp with your hero having that item adds 750hp to your hero spell wise, and with str items that add hp if you have 2000hp it adds 1500hp vs spells not to mention it blocks one even 30 secs on top of that, its a much better item than people give it credit for. late game it can make you unkillable vs hero killers.

ill be making a small 4.0a patch to fix a few things and also maybe make a few balance changes like add a little extra cd time to bolt and coil or something but 4.1 im planning a lot for. Its going to be better than every game on wc combined (if for nothing else 1 major reason) and yes im also counting ladder and dota into that all games statement. wink

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 12:23 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
Think staff of sanctuary recipe should cost 4k but runed bracers the same price.
Because 7k gold only for this is too much...

Bond009Date: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 1:06 PM | Message # 10
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
i just based it close to the necklace of spell immunity which i think is like 18k? i forget, that item makes 90% of ppls builds and spells worthless so its quite a good item and this 7k item is more or less 75% of that item with a much lower cost being at 7k

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 1:49 PM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
18k is also too much, make it like 13 or 12K, because NOBODY buys it. Night terror, pengs etc are 1000x better.

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 2:14 PM | Message # 12
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
the problem with pooling, in this version, is because of the rune of shielding. tiering up increases ur base hp and makes bking harder. it used to be no prob taking out a tier 0 base with units OR a beasted tank, but now, thanks to rune, its more difficult. pooling, in my opinion, is cheap and involves no skill. yes, i have pooled, but i usually do it in an act of desperating to not get bked or to even us out with the mass pooled team.

bond, think u can make tier 0 bases unaffected by rune of shielding?

Quote (Fir)
18k is also too much, make it like 13 or 12K, because NOBODY buys it. Night terror, pengs etc are 1000x better.

i buy it after i get an excalibur

the part where u complain about ppl complaining about strategy and then u follow it up by complaining about ww bolt coil noobs, is really ironic

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 4:30 PM | Message # 13
Robotic Ninja
if you guys actually know wtf to do none of you should be complaining about what manic said because at a certain degree what he said is true, all of this was part of the original footmen.

Yesterday I had too play 3 god dam games in a row where team 1 (same chfg team they were all admins) doing the same 2 hero mass pool strat. They still got effed up because I don't bitch and complain, I try to find a solution. I saw they all loaded their codes and also both of the people whom picked heroes had nova bolt, Im not gonna say how to avoid this and counter it I wanna see if you guys know the answer, BECAUSE I hate seeing people bitch when they obviously don't put the effort in to make a solution.
The first game was a warm up (first game of the night) so I did go something cheap (nova carrion ww xmute)
Second game my allies were dumber than two eduremes combined, and just by realizing this I went a build with treants and serps. This shit basekilled everyone like a bawss.
Third game since I expected the exact same strategy I picked nova healing wave and hex with chims, I got two more heroes, 1 containing mass aoe and another was one with a bear aura build with forcefield.

Manic I agree but also disagree because chf bro "you bring balance to the force" and when I see a team with a guy getting 2300 gold per minute like fucking taxes compared to me when I have to make 100% of my gold is abit unfair and for others who are getting an idea of how to play this game. Teamwork is the only thing I can 100% agree on because after all the art of this game is trying to get your team too work with you like a gang.

Thirdly the last comment I will strongly agree too the fact bolt is too strong and it is getting exploited for that reason because it is just so dam convenient in damage, range and the duration which is retarded. One of these elements should change, because nobody wants this spell too become completely useless. Personally I think the cooldown time should be alot longer, like 5-6 seconds longer because agree with me bond this is one of the only spells you use and I know precisely why. (Op as tits :3).

Quote (Bond009)
i just based it close to the necklace of spell immunity which i think is like 18k? i forget, that item makes 90% of ppls builds and spells worthless so its quite a good item and this 7k item is more or less 75% of that item with a much lower cost being at 7k

I think this item is perfectly balanced for its price because of what risks you take with it. You are perfectly in the lead should you waste 7k too never die from spells? Or save up and win asap. If you are filthy fucking rich nd you are facing a team with just mass hk spell combo, believe me get this recipe, banish bolt coil wont even kill ya.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 6:31 PM | Message # 14
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
Thirdly the last comment I will strongly agree too the fact bolt is too strong and it is getting exploited for that reason because it is just so dam convenient in damage, range and the duration which is retarded.

100% agreed.

ManicDate: Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 8:31 PM | Message # 15
Archer
[Typing "-pool off", "-no mind rape", and "-no ww" solves a lot of problems. It forces players to use some actual skills, instead of relying on cheap builds.
]

you misunderstand me! i think pooling is good! it is part of the strategy and people should use units rather than all massing waves. This is part of the game im trying to keep

Message edited by Manic - Sunday, 26-Feb-2012, 8:34 PM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » The Death Of CHFG Strategy.
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501