• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » 2012
JohnSmith55Date: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 7:20 AM | Message # 1
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
No discussions of it here? This end-of-the-world thingie is super serial business.

I wanna hear your opinions on this matter.

I'll give my own point of view once the discussion starts.

CouDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:18 AM | Message # 2
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
wtf Masta, I never knew you could discuss things like that. Impressive lol.

1.Already Earthquakes are happening at a high magnitude. Food prices are soaring and wars are happening. I believe there'll be a point where alot of countries and governments can't function properly and go bankrupt and depression will occur and alot of rich people or people that have worked so hard for their money wont be able to withdraw any cash from the banks because all the banks have gone bankrupt, so they'll jump off buildings and all like it did back in the first depression but much worse. So then they'll form a one world government and create chips in peoples hand or cash card. Because making money is starting to cost too much money just to make money. They'll come with a solution of using cards or chips and use them to buy food and won't allow people to buy things without those. That's when the government want to make things more personal and noone wont be able to hide from the government because the card or the chip acts as a beacon and info. The good part is, Crime will decrease drastically and people won't be able to go missing but the bad view is there'll be no privacy or hiding or pretty much choice, it will be dictator and the government will control what you do or what you work and if you say jiz about it, you will be jizzed on. Or shot on the head for that matter.

Or Nuclear disaster or war will happen and cause a chain reaction of nuclear power plant stations to explode and make the world an inhabitable place. Already bad vibes are happening in 2012.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

AntyoneDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:41 AM | Message # 3
Development Director
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 3
shit will happen, that is whats coming to hit us.

the 2012 theory doesnt exist. what is it based on? some old calendar that few weeks ago they claimed it was previously read wrong and the end of ze world is 'supposedly' happen in another 100 years..
even the NASA had overthrown all the ideas on how it is supposed to end, all that on their special 2012 site.

if anyone would actually look up the facts and stop reading all the bs that everyone is telling around - you'd be surprised of the amount of ways 'internet people' have thought about and it spread out worldwide like fkin rebecca black.. obviously none of them are true

all to read for you guys.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

earthquakes and shit happen on daily basis really, it's just unlucky to have the bigger ones recently..

so, personally i dont think anything will happen, not at all.
if you look at the past, the last 10 years they claimed the world will end like 5 times at least, what a joke.

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:43 AM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
The Georgia Stones are a myth, there's no grounds for the volcanic eruptions, and there is, to this day, no cure for cancer. Also, earthquakes were running a higher average magnitude (with more intense quakes) 150 years ago - this is a natural fluctuation in the earth's seismic 'temperature'. You might want to find reputable citations before repeating things you read on the Internet.

That being said, it is definitely possible that cataclysmic events transpire on December 21st, 2012. However, the theories transcend the evidence, though the media does a great job of getting people excited about it. Remember that this is not the first time that people have believed the world was ending: for example, when H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds was broadcast on the radio, there were riots and even suicides because people believed that there was an ongoing alien invasion.

Just some food for thought. Nice regurgitation though, Master Bradley.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

LittleBDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 10:03 AM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
aghhhh to big threads of stupid nasa nerd discussion ahhhhh wheres spiderman to close thread when u need him? lol jk

NoBrainDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 11:42 AM | Message # 6
Hero
Awards: 1
BS

je l'ai rêvé si fort... que les draps s'en souviennent..

JohnSmith55Date: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 12:13 PM | Message # 7
Hero
Some good stuff in this thread, keep 'em comin'. (except for Bryan)

I read the NASA article: first of all, the main theme of the article seems to be possibility of a meteor hitting the planet. That's not the only thing that can happen, it's just one of the possibilities.

Points are made about solar flares and pole shifts too, they reassure us that it's 'unlikely' to happen. There is not enough scientific data to make accurate predictions into the future. We know very little about the activities and the behaviour of the Sun. We can't even predict when and where earthquakes will happen, let alone solar flares.

And gotta love those pictures too: 2012 won't happen, because Hollywood already made a movie about it, right? Besides, NASA answers to the US government alone, not the general public. They say what they are being told to say. If a meteor or something would hit the Earth tomorrow, they wouldn't inform the press about it.

"This just in: you are gonna die tomorrow" lol, not gonna happen. The end of the world won't be in the news, you won't be reading about it on the interwebz while it unfolds.

Anyways, back to 2012: nothing coherent, just stuff to think about:

- the Mayan calendar is not the only place where this is 'predicted', there is also a Chinese text called the I'Ching (the Book of Change). It predicts the same thing. Even Einstein said something about this specific date (do the research, I'm too lazy atm). Plus, some ancient Hindu texts deal with the same topic.

- maybe 2012 is dealing with the Singularity: the notion that the rate of change will grow exponentially until the rate of change itself will become infinite. This is an idea popularized by Raymond Kurzweil, interesting stuff for sure. If it happens, it would be kind of 'end-of-the-world' in itself. I don't think this will happen, 2012 is too early for this.

- just because false predictions were made in the past doesn't mean all predictions are wrong. Just because the last 10 years were 'good' doesnt mean the next 10 years will be the same or better. There is the story of the turkey which was fed every day. Every day was good day for the turkey until it got eaten. Of course the turkey didn't know that its 'premature' death (dinner for the family) was marked. To the turkey, its last day started out just like any other day. If the moral of the story is not clear I can find the source, this is just from memory.

I'll continue next time, gotta go now.

Added (2011-04-01, 1:13 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (NoBrain)
BS

yo Brainless, you need a brain to read, let alone understand all these things. Ask stooge to return your brain, then report back to me.

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 12:45 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
My thoughts?

Let's stop talking about it and enjoy our lives for pete's sake.

We got family friends and all, use them. Have fun with em. And than eventually come on WC3 for a break of hard partying or such ^.^.

No but serially I won't say a paragraph of all i've heard for it so i'll sum it up in a couple of words.

IT WON'T F****** HAPPEN, because honestly who's gonna believe ancient predictions...... They were mostly wrong so far.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

ItSoVeR9000Date: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 12:45 PM | Message # 9
Blonde Ninja Mod
Group: Forum Moderators
I'm not exactly sure what to think about 2012 yet, I hear so many different stories that its hard to just focus and believe one. Some Ancient South American tribes laugh at 2012 and say no, the world is not going to end, some other tribes have actually stopped reproducing children because they truly do believe the world is going to end. Some say the planet's are all going to Aline, others believe that its a new birth in the world and we are going to see positive changes. Oh, and others say something with the aliens is supposed to happen? So, to me this subject is still very confusing and I agree with John, I read the NASA information, and they are just telling us what we want to hear and I'm sure are still hiding A LOT of information. Butttt Trixx, my sister has this book that was written by a former government doctor and he did conclude that the cure for cancer was found and that the world would lose out on billions and billions of dollars (cancer medications, radiation therapy etc) if they just came out and gave the cure to everyone. AND we need to stop cutting down the rain forest because a lot of other cures for diseases are said to be found there, but when its getting cut down we could miss the chance to find them :)...ok I am done for now ohyes

lspiderlDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 1:47 PM | Message # 10
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Honestly the most likely senario is massive siesmic activity in the ring of fire ( we have already seen a massive increase in siesmic activicty in these areas) coinciding with a magnetic polar reverseal which we have seen signs of it coming for some time and we know were over due for

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

mb53Date: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 2:06 PM | Message # 11
Community Director
Awards: 2
I am 99.9996327419906849299% sure that nothing will happen.

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

stoogeDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:29 PM | Message # 12
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Awards: 5
the 2012 theory was purely based on mayan calender, and once it spread out and the calender was proved to be misread then it apparently was mentioned in chinese and hindu cultures, end of the day its just another y2k....the media promoting shit to try sell their shit, people like masta will build bombshelters and hide in them cuz they paranoid (cuz apparently government have nothing better to do then following a goofy ass like masta bradly around)...
Nothing will happen.. btw y2k did make shitload of people buy stupid shit which they didnt need, and i bet masta bradly was one of those idiots...

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

jonathan290Date: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:40 PM | Message # 13
Hero
Lol u guys rlly belive on this shit???

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 9:52 PM | Message # 14
Zombie Pirate
Quote (MASTA_K1LLA)
i believe that the militarys will find and kill many survivors, if not kill, they will imprison them

So that's why you joined the Navy

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

VexslasherDate: Friday, 01-Apr-2011, 10:12 PM | Message # 15
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
this could be a bad sign for the west coast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmroXsIYCI

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » 2012
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map