Thursday, 02-May-2024, 4:02 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

This is going to far - Page 2 - Forum

Forum » Administration » Contact Forum Moderation » This is going to far (Spider hits again)
This is going to far
lspiderlDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 1:31 AM | Message # 16
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
Did you delete Nick's post there?
didnt see it
not sure , what was it?

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

TrixxareforkidsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 2:01 AM | Message # 17
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
Oh the one that you quoted, I didn't see it in the thread but maybe it's just my internet.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 4:30 AM | Message # 18
Noob
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Alright so. Nigga's French translation is "nègre" and in French there's 0 racism in this word. Some of the most known authors used it to fight slavery during the XVIIth century. So when I wrote nigga I didn't mean to use a racial word promoting any ethnic.
Spider you seem not to read what I write. If you had, you'd have understood that I had an argument saying "nigga" wasn't an offense. Actually I was wrong, but I didn't know it, it was obvious. But you act like a robot or something. When I do something wrong unvoluntuarly and when I complain about the fact you blamed me for it, you give me reproofs. Lolol. Is this the right way to moderate a forum? Would you do the same thing if you were judge? Well in fact you couldn't be judge, you seem not to know what humanism is. You just apply your rules and you don't care if it's right or not, and you have no idea of what mitigating circumstances are.

UAS

BaggyshawDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 7:43 AM | Message # 19
Archer
just out of curiosity, would you allow a person of darker skin colour to call another person of the same colour nigga?

FireHartDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 7:58 AM | Message # 20
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Not in my country

TrixxareforkidsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 9:53 AM | Message # 21
Zombie Pirate
Quote (FirNesSs)
Alright so. Nigga's French translation is "nègre" and in French there's 0 racism in this word. Some of the most known authors used it to fight slavery during the XVIIth century. So when I wrote nigga I didn't mean to use a racial word promoting any ethnic.

Oh totally. I'm sure Alexandre Dumas used it all the time in his works. If you met Mike Tyson in the streets, would you call him a "nigga"?

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

Message edited by Trixxareforkids - Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 9:53 AM

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 10:04 AM | Message # 22
Noob
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
Oh totally. I'm sure Alexandre Dumas used it all the time in his works. If you met Mike Tyson in the streets, would you call him a "nigga"?

Better than Dumas. Voltaire, Montesquieu, Diderot and so on. I know what I'm talking about.

UAS

TrixxareforkidsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 10:13 AM | Message # 23
Zombie Pirate
Alright, I'll concede that. But the word has a much different social context today; you can't just throw it around casually. Similarly the word "faggot" was totally socially acceptable even 15 years ago, but it absolutely does not fly today.

Maybe it's different in France, I don't know. But on a global forum you have to be much more tactful with your word choice.

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 12:43 PM | Message # 24
Noob
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
Alright, I'll concede that. But the word has a much different social context today
Well maybe, but I didn't know it. My point is that I shouldn't be banned 5 days (because spider is going to ban this acc too when he'll get on). I shouldn't even be banned one day. I shouldn't get any reproof, I did something unvoluntuarly as I'm not from an English speaking country.

Ice love your avatar <3
but it'll get removed :(

UAS

TrixxareforkidsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 1:02 PM | Message # 25
Zombie Pirate
Yeah, I would have just given you a warning based on the situation. Just don't do it in the future and it shouldn't be a problem

a_chinese_kidDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 1:10 PM | Message # 26
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote (lspiderl)
ajaja is simply laughing in spanish  and has no derogatory conotations illegals refers to anyone that  came into a country illegaly reguardless or race or nationality its in reference to discusion of CRIMINALS not to any particular race or religion or color etc etc

lol but honestly im not saying a lot of the latinos dont deserve it but no one gets mad when racial slurs are made to them jajajaja

Added (2013-02-10, 2:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------

lol im surprised you dont argue the whole "negro". since thats 100% the basis of the word nigga nigger etc. 

Quote (Baggyshaw)
just out of curiosity, would you allow a person of darker skin colour to call another person of the same colour nigga?
wigga please.

Added (2013-02-10, 2:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------
lol it was vex that deleted my posts.. 

vex my remarks were about as racist as these people using the word nigga, it was a topic of discussion not an insult. (im using lawyer-ish words like trixx and firn)

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 1:19 PM | Message # 27
Noob
Quote (a_chinese_kid)
lol but honestly im not saying a lot of the latinos dont deserve it but no one gets mad when racial slurs are made to them jajajaja
ya seems like racism with black people isn't real anymore but is only about clichés. As if everyone was racist nowadays...

UAS

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 3:11 PM | Message # 28
Noob
Ya me too I was confused at first lol

UAS

Alex[STAR]Date: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 5:33 PM | Message # 29
User
Awards: 4
The correct term is negro, and don't act like you don't know the word "nigga" isn't considered a derogatory term in modern Western society.

FirNesSsDate: Sunday, 10-Feb-2013, 6:15 PM | Message # 30
Noob
I really didnt know, remember I'm not from an English country and stop trying to reproach me things every time, I've already justificated myself about that.

UAS

Forum » Administration » Contact Forum Moderation » This is going to far (Spider hits again)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<