Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 3:35 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

SERPent Wards - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Heros, Abilities, and Items » SERPent Wards (wat happened)
SERPent Wards
lolbladeDate: Tuesday, 25-Jan-2011, 6:28 PM | Message # 1
Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
all of a sudden, people have started using serpent wards a lot. Every game 1-2 people spam them in ur base with deathtower and bears. or chimeras+sepent wards+carrion beetles.
BOND WAT DID U DO? did u make them better. i heard they have splash damage and have a VERYYYYYY fast cooldown. I got bk two times while somebody else used this build. TWO people come and produce chimeras and then they start divine shield and keep healing wave the chimeras. ALL THIS TIME they produce serpent wards in clusters of three.

MY tier 2 base went down first. and the person was level 20 same as me. by the end of my base, there were 20-24 serpent wards all clustered. LOL.

sig in construction

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Tuesday, 25-Jan-2011, 7:57 PM | Message # 2
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
No, serpent wards are used because of their efficiency at lower levels. At a higher level, though, another skill would be more effective. Personally, I use serpent wards with my mass tp build (Serp Wards, Black Arrow/Nova and Unholy). From my experience, I've noticed that Serpent Wards are very effective at mass.

Thats my two cents on it.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

lolbladeDate: Tuesday, 25-Jan-2011, 9:15 PM | Message # 3
Pirate
Quote (lolblade)
I've noticed that Serpent Wards are very effective at mass.

THEY R LOL i hate them but easily destroyed by ranged heroes. they earn like 30 ggold each one. and they can be killed in 1-3 hits. No matter the damage.

sig in construction

ChrIsiceraDate: Tuesday, 25-Jan-2011, 9:34 PM | Message # 4
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Serpent wards haven't been altered recently, they've always been like this but until a few notable people used them in a few strategies nobody gave them the time of day, just like ravens, acid, hex, etc.

NoBrainDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 6:16 AM | Message # 5
Hero
Awards: 1
I use Serpent in one of my build since atleast 6 months lol. And i saw some people use exactly the same build..

je l'ai rêvé si fort... que les draps s'en souviennent..

Message edited by NoBrain - Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 6:16 AM

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 6:27 AM | Message # 6
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
Quote (NoBrain)
I use Serpent in one of my build since atleast 6 months lol. And i saw some people use exactly the same build..

What build, I would like to steal it biggrin

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 10:45 AM | Message # 7
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
Serpent wards are good because they got magic immunity, can't be dispelled, not effected by auras (that can be both good and bad) and really great at mass. Late game they less good..

Inactive mod.

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 4:52 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 3
If you go serpents, you better end the game really quick with them, get early tech, at the 15-10 minute mark they just horrid dude.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

lolbladeDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 6:55 PM | Message # 9
Pirate
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
can't be dispelled,

RLY never knew that. LOLOL i thought u could. I guess i have a lot to learn.

Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
you better end the game really quick with them, get early tech, at the 15-10 minute mark they just horrid dude.

WHY?WHY?
they r pretty goood late game too btw. this is my build

Acid Bomb
Serpent Wards
Blazing Lasso
Death Tower

LOLING after win

sig in construction

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 26-Jan-2011, 9:44 PM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja

-_-

..................................................................................................... ffs a footmen can tank 3 serpants at level 3.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

FuzzyLogicDate: Thursday, 27-Jan-2011, 0:34 AM | Message # 11
Archer
i love serpent wards! happy

Clan CHFG @ US WEST

Message edited by FuzzyLogic - Thursday, 27-Jan-2011, 0:34 AM

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 27-Jan-2011, 4:26 AM | Message # 12
Development Director
Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
-_-
..................................................................................................... ffs a footmen can tank 3 serpants at level 3.

rofl, i lol'd

FuzzyLogicDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 0:33 AM | Message # 13
Archer
thing about sepent wards is the way the game is designed, they don't act as units so other units dont auto attack them, as long as there are other units to attack.

the cooldown is only a 6 or so seconds and they only cost 50 mana, which make them powerful at mass. they are also helpful at hiding heal wards during mass, making heal wards survive longer from enemy heros trying to attack your heal wards.

most importantly most players don't know/have the patience or skill to properly counter them. instead of them being auto focuses like a unit or other summons, they actually take intentional attacks to take down. also, doing this is very well worth it as wards die very quick and give around 37 gold each.

ive even had a couple hpmm members claim that they are over powered in 1v1 and the "best ability in the game for 1v1" after losing to me 1v1 xD

Clan CHFG @ US WEST

Message edited by FuzzyLogic - Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 0:36 AM

mb53Date: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 0:56 AM | Message # 14
Community Director
Awards: 2
I've always thought serpent wards were crap, and should NEVER be used. You get like 30-50 gold for 2 attacks...

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

FuzzyLogicDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 9:38 PM | Message # 15
Archer
Quote (mb53)
I've always thought serpent wards were crap, and should NEVER be used. You get like 30-50 gold for 2 attacks...

you're basically correct, but they have their uses. also remember a player with good micro and reaction speed can easily deny serpent ward kills, as early on they are usually 3 hit kills and around lvl5~ their 2.

Clan CHFG @ US WEST

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Heros, Abilities, and Items » SERPent Wards (wat happened)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats