Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 8:02 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Micro Footies - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Vexslasher  
Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » Maps » Micro Footies (1 life taken = one more footman)
Micro Footies
Vampirism_FireDate: Friday, 22-Oct-2010, 7:30 PM | Message # 1
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
based on the idea and map of footmen frenzy but It is a totally new map from my twin, Lord_Alchemist, and I. It is not functional at all and Highly unbalanced. The general Idea is you get one gold per footman kill an Your main base is like a shop for units. The stock is infinite but the cooldown is limited. New gold is introduced into the game whenever a hero dies or when a "Nom" is killed. a nom is basically a neutral hostile footman with 1-3 chaos dmg, but a very fast attack speed. It has bash and crit. They are deadly to low level heros if in groups of 3 or more. The attack/hp scale is also reduced in this game. Wood is a Highly valuble reasource gained through killing strong bosses (infernals). wood can be used to buy powerful items, tech, heros, or superunits. superunits that die give the wood they cost. Items and attack, def, hp unit upgrades can be purchased with normal gold ramping+ +1 cost per upgrade. costs are based on a 1/25 scale to normal footies if they are the smae items. Infernals Spawn in the middle occaisionally. At 10 minutes in 2 spawn. If they are killed then 25 infernals and 100 noms are placed randomly around the middle. This is known as "HELL", it is a game ender added for fun. I knew it was not balanced near enough for long games so i added this. Noms are placed in a random location in center whenever they spawn. The purpose of noms is to try to help the fact that it was only tested 1v1 and nobody wanted to go in the middle and attack. Bases have slight devo and there is a weak but invincable tower behind your base for unit upgrades.

I did not correctly name it in the editor and i cannot locate it on my computer if not cosing a map in warcraft. It just ISNT in the folder it should be, searches turn up nothing. I have added as much detail as i can. If somebody would like to help me improve and make this idea work please tell me and i would be glad to help. All i ask is that in the end footies still give 1 bounty(stronger units more) and units cost the same as a kill of the same type.(KSing sux but its life) Also the 1 wood for killing bosses must stay. naturally bosses would get stronger as the game progressed. Units must stay a dominant power(Not like in custom footies) and and it must have some resemblance to the footmen frenzy idea. Other then that I am very open to new suggestions, they just have to be balanced with the above stipulations =P.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

Bond009Date: Friday, 22-Oct-2010, 11:10 PM | Message # 2
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
sounds kind neat, have you played vex's map before? his sounds a little similar to this in that you can only really get gold if a hero dies and what not and units in mass are much strong than heros, but yours has alot of different elements to it also.

As for finding your map on your comp, was it last map u worked on? it would be auto saved in your test maps folder as WorldEditTestMap
I assume you know that tho so maybe if you forgot to name it right it has some sort of defualt name on your comp so just search that, or if you know the time frame you stopped working on it search your comp for all files in a time frame give or take a day in that time frame in a file size range from 40kb-350kb

flamefusionDate: Saturday, 23-Oct-2010, 5:29 AM | Message # 3
Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 1
hmm...

I never back down from any challenge puttin front of me.
EMINEM

AntyoneDate: Saturday, 23-Oct-2010, 5:40 AM | Message # 4
Development Director
ye, sounds pretty neat actually makes me wanna play it now lol

bond! where are old smileys cry

Alex[STAR]Date: Saturday, 23-Oct-2010, 8:21 AM | Message # 5
User
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Delete this pls.

Message edited by bop240 - Saturday, 23-Oct-2010, 9:59 AM

Bond009Date: Saturday, 23-Oct-2010, 3:03 PM | Message # 6
Overall Site Owner
u mean this?
ppl like the round ones so if u wanna use other just go to this link and type in the different number where the 21 is
http://s44.ucoz.net/sm/21/cry.gif
this is ones we have atm
http://s44.ucoz.net/sm/23/cry.gif

Vampirism_FireDate: Tuesday, 26-Oct-2010, 8:52 AM | Message # 7
Hero
I don't remember when I made it, It was named but there are like 8 with that same name. All 8 apear when i try to host a game on wc3 but none apear in the editor. I have edited many other maps since then so it isnt in recent maps. If a permanant history of maps opened exists somewhere though that might help. Please post the file location if you have it.

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 26-Oct-2010, 1:06 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
how long ago did you make these maps? did they have jass in them by chance?

-Kobas-Date: Tuesday, 26-Oct-2010, 5:31 PM | Message # 9
Legacy Staff
Group: Site Management
Awards: 0
Please use some BB Codes to improve that wall of text ^^
That reminds me I need to create awards for things like that biggrin

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 26-Oct-2010, 9:09 PM | Message # 10
Overall Site Owner
haha yea, i saw your forum map templates on the Hive Kobas smile lol you should convert somethin like that for these forums xD

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 12:49 PM | Message # 11
Hero
No, I did not program it in JASS. I Know enough of how the editor works tto get by but nothing about JASS.

Forum » Warcraft III & WC3-4Life Server » Maps » Micro Footies (1 life taken = one more footman)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats