Saturday, 27-Apr-2024, 8:21 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Towers, especially frost - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Towers, especially frost (Nerfs to frost tower)
Towers, especially frost
ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 4:45 AM | Message # 1
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Make towers unanimous on whether they receive upgrades or not, at level 8 armor upgrades frost towers are at double the armor of a cannon tower.

Make basic scout towers regenerate health slowly, you shouldn't be required to upgrade to have slow regeneration on a tower.

Frost towers simply put are too strong for their cost by a very significant margin, there are a lot of ways to balance this to be more in line with cannon, arcane, and other uses of funds.

I have 4 main propositions and think any 2 of these 4 would do the trick.

Decrease their health from 1,500 to 1,300. That's 300 over a normal tower.

Raise the cost from 250 to 400. That's equal to a cannon tower and has dramatically more impact on heroes.

Remove spell immunity and replace it with 50% spell resistance, shockwaves really should effect this and when shockwave's main draw versus carrion is effecting buildings and it works on less than half of buildings that's an issue

Cut the range, stun time, or both of their firebolt significantly, this ability is exceptional and infinitely better than the Jammy's.

Message edited by ChrIsicera - Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 12:43 PM

stoogeDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 6:16 AM | Message # 2
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
I agree with Isis!! frosts r too strong and they immune to my tornado and quake...it really should take damage from spells even if it is only 50%

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

mb53Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 9:18 AM | Message # 3
Community Director
Group: Users
Awards: 2
I think cost and spell resistance would make it balanced. Almost the whole point of frost is the firebolt, and te heath isn't all that terrible.

Thanks to xXHarDCorEXx/bop240 for making my signature ^^

AntyoneDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 10:14 AM | Message # 4
Development Director
Awards: 3
i agree with everyone.

Master-HeroDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 12:27 PM | Message # 5
Legacy Staff
The hp will not make the big different as long it is immun.
But I agree with the other suggestions.

Inactive mod.

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 12:47 PM | Message # 6
Grunt
That's why I put 2 out of 4, if it cost more and had slightly reduced HP it would be possible to speed scroll rush if you cleared out Raiders, frost towers in their current state just make the game infinitely more turtlish since if you're organized 2 frost towers + 1 hero should almost always be able to kill someone coming near your base. which is absolutely insane for something that only costs you 500 for 2 of them. The other thing with health is it's silly that it gets armor but cannons don't, and cannons aren't spell immune either, so even when you have an army in someone's base, with just an armor upgrade or 2 the % they reduce damage by means that even though they have 300 less life than cannons they're harder for units to kill and units are the only thing that's allowed to kill them for the most part.

Bond009Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 2:02 PM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
yeah but they are good for when players get a good amount lvl higher than you feeding off other noobs, makes it so at least your own base is the one place you can stay to somewhat be protected lol (i know from experience vs'ing u guys when my team is much less experienced and productive in game lol)

Anyway i kind of agree with ice towers maybe being a bit too good for their price, but the truth is theres a few other unstoppable hero combination's that need to be dealt with first other wise there would be no stopping them let alone some sort of fair defense against them in your own base.

Ice tower are meant as something to protect yourself with soon after mass, you can either get a cannon for 400 to kill your feed, or spend about 750 on ice and try to protect your feed, or do both. (750 because you need at least 3 ice towers to be semi safe) and pray to god your team mates will share control if pubs.

I have not much prob taking away a little hp and some spell resistance but theres much that needs to be done first to fix some imba maulers. They are by far the most unstoppable builds even though i dont like playing as them, they arnt my style.

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 4:40 PM | Message # 8
Grunt
Except that's the problem, it just makes it so matches are in a stalemate like state if 2 good teams have frost towers neither can really act if 2 noob teams left, you need d-shield/invuln potions if you want to approach their base at all. Frost towers make attack versus defense incredibly unbalanced early game, this changes when people can amass strong armies, but over all it kills heroes far too easily for that incredibly low cost, 3 frost towers cost less than an arcane AND are better at hero killing, that's a significant problem.

Unstoppable hero combinations? Any time you have people who work together and you have skills that complement each other there will be incredibly powerful team builds and that will continue to be the case, which ones do you think are unstoppable? It's not a fair defense, the money required to mount that defense in comparison with the money required to break it is a ridiculous upset.

On your third paragraph think about that 750, If you spend 1,500 on offense it's not going to beat something that you spent 750 on on defense, that's a very severe ratio of defensive benefit to offensive, the more people playing who know how to play the game, the more turtling and difficult to attack the game becomes with things like newts (Also potentially too good for their cost) frost towers, etc. The cost benefit on frost towers is skewed to a great degree.

There are only a few imbalanced maulers and the version to which you refer *If you're talking about the one I play and some others play though less effectively* That has 1 skill which is effective at mass, tich meh, everything else is entirely useless. Even after the mauler's grown there are certain builds that outright stop it, I found recently that if you get level 13 and have silence you no longer have to fear maulers you can keep tabs on since you can preventatively keep them from activating shield, going avatar, or even attacking. IMO silence and lasso destroys maulers completely just most people have no clue how good silence is. Also IMO Maulers are the most unstoppable solo build, a lot of team builds are much stronger and really make maulers not worth it. Teamwork's the most imbalanced skill in this game, pooled tech is stronger than a mauler by far yet you're not nerfing units.

Bond009Date: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 5:43 PM | Message # 9
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
its the same way with arcane too though to take down a 1150 gold arcane tower you need to invest much more over a period of time to stop it. just like spending 2350 for tier 2, a simple 900 gold tank will no longer take it out without a lot of extra support by other costly things.. some things just cant be directly compared via cost and effectiveness.

Is true though teamwork is what makes the largest span over the gap in power of different teams.. still tho..damn maulers.. loll

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 31-Oct-2010, 6:35 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
The reduction of Frost towers health makes tank more effective against them as a sub effect since it takes less time for it to kill one.

You just need to play a variety of builds, if you think someone's going mauler unholy silence lasso is infinitely powerful against them ^.^

TrixxareforkidsDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 4:24 AM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
I'm just saying that mauling is overrated, and that there are far better builds. Sometimes you'll have to get a second hero, but you should be able to kill them pretty quick, especially since they don't tech.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

Vampirism_FireDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 8:04 AM | Message # 12
Hero
I think that the gold cost should be increaded to 300 and the spell reduction set to none = full dmg. Don't edit hitpoints though.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

AntyoneDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 1:02 PM | Message # 13
Development Director
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
I think that the gold cost should be increaded to 300 and the spell reduction set to none = full dmg. Don't edit hitpoints though.

whats a big difference in 250/300 gold? won't change much but ok cool

spell reduction maybe to 25-50% anyone who tech can take these towers easily anyways.

ChrIsiceraDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 2:36 PM | Message # 14
Grunt
Trixx, a Mauler once it starts solos a whole team very easily if they're played right, the age of easily killed WW maulers is over. XD

Antyone, In order to take out a frost tower with tiers you need to be enough ahead of them that you can likely kill their bases anyways as with the armor bonus frost towers have killing 2 frost towers can be harder than killing a tier 0 base for your units, if you're already significantly ahead with an army yes, but if you're on semi even ground no way.

AntyoneDate: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 3:23 PM | Message # 15
Development Director
Quote (ChrIsicera)
Antyone, In order to take out a frost tower with tiers you need to be enough ahead of them that you can likely kill their bases anyways as with the armor bonus frost towers have killing 2 frost towers can be harder than killing a tier 0 base for your units, if you're already significantly ahead with an army yes, but if you're on semi even ground no way.

yeah that is true. thats why i agreed on 25-50% spell reduce only.

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Towers, especially frost (Nerfs to frost tower)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<