Thursday, 02-May-2024, 4:11 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

read this - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » read this (white screnn)
read this
XXkillerbeansXXDate: Friday, 23-Mar-2012, 11:05 PM | Message # 1
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
i think on windows XP and some windows 7, the screen for map graphic when joining game(under game name) is pure white.
it is for me and i think someone brought this up before but it kind of hurts the eyes and makes lag. please fix.

ÜberGeekDate: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 0:19 AM | Message # 2
Mr. Löwenstein
Group: Clan Members
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
read this

I've read this, read it all. The 'pure white' is like the Sun ; don't stare at it.

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Bond009Date: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 1:26 AM | Message # 3
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
yea i dont get what causes this.. i have win xp and vista and win7 and dont see it that way on any of my comps o.o

VexslasherDate: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 1:58 AM | Message # 4
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
It's pure white for me on win vista and win 7 really hope you fix it in next version.. dunno why it's white like that...

shinkirouDate: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 11:34 AM | Message # 5
Grunt
Quote (Vexslasher)
It's pure white

I never saw this in my games xD

That's easy. If someone wins, the fighting will end.

Bond009Date: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 12:29 PM | Message # 6
Overall Site Owner
i imported it correctly using the exact name and import extension maybe when you made the pic you didnt take out the alpha channel or did? i cant remember how its suppose to be..
but you said it worked when you tested it in a blank map right? so thats weird if thats the case..
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/minimap.php

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 4:49 PM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Quote (Bond009)
i have win xp and vista and win7

and that is why ur bot lags :P
yah but this white screen thing is weird.

Bond009Date: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 7:12 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
why would that be why my bot lags..? which it doesnt unless someone is in it with a crazy high ping then it trys to balance it out at everyone elses cost

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 9:09 PM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
thats because u dont notice the lag. me and vid play there when chfg is empty or not hosting, and it always lags. only reason it doesnt for u is coz u live there. whats ur broadband(and if possible i suggest getting verizon fios internet xD, so much better then at&t).

Bond009Date: Saturday, 24-Mar-2012, 11:06 PM | Message # 10
Overall Site Owner
lol

VexslasherDate: Sunday, 25-Mar-2012, 5:49 AM | Message # 11
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
This is really strange but for some reason I think it's only working for all of your computers, at least your the only person who has said they can see the image, I wonder if it's just using the one from when you were testing the different ones before the actual release, I have noticed sometimes the minmap pics will go over another map if it has the same exact name even if that map had no minimap pic.. Which image did you end up using for the actual release? I think I gave you a few different ones.

2DaYuDiEDate: Sunday, 25-Mar-2012, 6:26 AM | Message # 12
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
shouldnt it be a black screen if theres an error? lol... also, if the filename of the image is too long it can cause bugs too i think (it takes the full path on your pc which isnt the same for all) but i doubt that makes a white image appear lol...

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Sunday, 25-Mar-2012, 11:00 AM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
i have verizonz third best internet(and it doesnt block ucoz unlike spideys at&t).

this is my speed test, and dont forget my ping in this is 101 while urs is 8.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1855240100.png

bond the broadband will also slow it depending on the amount of crap you link it to. im guessing you have like 8 devices hooked up and so it slows? my family has 15 hooked up and its still fast as hell.

Added (2012-03-25, 12:00 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Bond009Date: Sunday, 25-Mar-2012, 12:18 PM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
you do realize i have a computer networking and systems engineering degree right..? o.O idk if you know what that means based on your advice to me..

The fact that my ping is 8 when connecting to a testing base server in Detroit area means the internet connection to my house is damn near perfect.. my internet has 8/1000ths of a second delay, yours has 1/10th of a sec, whats the bigger number there..?

the fact yours is based on wireless from the start is slower by nature. So when you lag on my bot.. or have a high ping. that is a fault from your end not mine.

The reason i have a low ping on my own bot is because my LAN connection has close to no delay obviously, now the fact that my WAN connection also has an amazingly low ping means my house can potentially provide someone else with that same low ping assuming theirs is also amazing, and based on where they live.. Ic3dt3e gets a ping of like 43 on my bot for example.
I'm afraid you're the bottleneck on this one.. if you lag its because of you.

@vex
most people can see it, its only a few ppl that cant like you and legal life (on his old computer, now he can see it on his new one) and killerbeans, so far everyone else i know of can see it.
see this screeny for example http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/69-2253-1
so there is something very weird where a few ppl cant see it and not sure why that would be

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Sunday, 25-Mar-2012, 5:07 PM | Message # 15
Zombie Pirate
Quote (Bond009)
that is a fault from your end not mine.

explain to me then how its not always me that lags, but nearly everybody else also. and why i still have consistent ping of 4 on chfg-bot but anywhere from 80-400 on yours.

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » read this (white screnn)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501