Monday, 06-May-2024, 4:21 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

no ww with ultimates - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » no ww with ultimates
no ww with ultimates
mN-Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 5:45 AM | Message # 1
Grunt
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
I dont think it brings good balance to game when ww and ultimates can be used simultaneously.
discuss

I am biwinning

T-SwizzleDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 5:49 AM | Message # 2
Ghoul
Group: Banned Users
Awards: 0
agreed, but only in SSD mode
every ssd someone gets starfall or earthquake and windwalk
then again ssd is already screwed up enough as it is

Message edited by T-Swizzle - Friday, 11-May-2012, 5:49 AM

mN-Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 8:27 AM | Message # 3
Grunt
yes exactly, in ssd the one to starfall mass wins, in ftd i think it kinda ruins it too - the one to be in middle and starfallnthe whole wave gets the money. After giving it more thought i think the games would be more interesting and skillful if you cant ww at the same time u cast a spell. Even ww blizzard is really common. It would make people to use units more as they need cover while starfall etc. In ftd starfall, blizzard and ww right now are the only options to chose as first hero talents if u wanna win imo. In conclusion i think the games would turn to more interesting if hero could not be invisible at the same time its casting another spell.

I am biwinning

ÜberGeekDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 8:38 AM | Message # 4
Mr. Löwenstein
Group: Clan Members
type in "-nwd" and all your problems disappear ; it's like magic

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 9:06 AM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
nwd currently is the source of all glitches.
Anyone who played more than 1 game would know that (so many gay admin abusers take advantage of this glitch)

lspiderlDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 11:37 AM | Message # 6
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
this has been discussed to death . the simple fact is their is like a million ways to detect invis to counter it and their are soooooo many ways to stun that all channeling ults would be worthless without WW

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

FirNesSDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 11:53 AM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Rat / Silence / frost tower / dusts / wards / tot / owls / shade and so on...

mN-Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 12:24 PM | Message # 8
Grunt
Yes I agree, however I think ww is fine, but the combo is not.
If this is about balancing the game i think its not balanced.

In ftd point of view:
-In order to stop starfall from middle of map against all units u need to have WW to get pass the units, dust/... to make him visible, stun to make him stop casting.
-After you killed most of the computer units with starfall or your own units you can attack other teams units in ww with blizzard.

In ssd/normal:
-dust has range so basically you need owl, how many buys owl to mass?
-Also, if they buy owl then you can just dispell the owl n the next second do ww/eq/starfall np.
-If he is using EQ and just dispelled ur owl u are massivly slowed so only way to stop hero is having ranged aoe stun and guessing where he might be since he wont have a circle surrounding him like in starfall. Which means you have to have a ranged stun spell to begin with

! also, on a side note, when you play pub games probably two teams wont even have owl/shade and the pub players just wonder wtf is going on while blizzard comes out of nowhere. Basically in pub games especially ssd theres no point being melee imho unless you have this ww guy in your team

In FTD is completly imbalanced, in ssd/normal mode its still quite not balanced.

I think all the glitches except donation is more balanced tbh.

Fixes i can come up with:
-for FTD: remove ww combo entirerly
-for normal/ssd: make channeling heros recieve extradamage? make a circle around ultimate like starfall ?

I am biwinning

Message edited by xifelol - Friday, 11-May-2012, 12:34 PM

VexslasherDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 3:21 PM | Message # 9
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Have you ever tried to use starfall with ww against good teams it becomes a worthless spell even with the combo, you will get lit up by dust, rat, arc, ward, scout, etc before being able to kill a single unit making that combo still not as good as a non combo ultimate in my opinion.

mN-Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 4:45 PM | Message # 10
Grunt
Well I have never seen a winning team in ftd not have ww + channeling spell

In ssd you have to play really badly not to win after having ww+channeling spell ultimate in mass, also stampede ex. doesnt show where u are, hence the circle suggestion.

in normal its more balanced though dispelling owls is easy

well i felt it was imbalanced anyway, and that by changing it would make people use larger variety of spells

I am biwinning

slayer666Date: Friday, 11-May-2012, 6:04 PM | Message # 11
Grunt
Awards: 2
Quote (ÜberGeek)
it's like magic

lol!!!

You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing :)

2DaYuDiEDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 7:12 PM | Message # 12
Ninja
ww in ftd is bullshit, spawns dont have
Quote (FirNesS)
Rat / Silence / frost tower / dusts / wards / tot / owls / shade and so on...

and ssd mass is bs with starfalls and stuff... yes, its easy to silence.. but still

RosarioVampireZDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 9:28 PM | Message # 13
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Vexslasher)
Have you ever tried to use starfall with ww against good teams it becomes a worthless spell even with the combo, you will get lit up by dust, rat, arc, ward, scout, etc before being able to kill a single unit making that combo still not as good as a non combo ultimate in my opinion.

And this is why there is an ultimate. to BS ALL SH3T. ITS CALLED FORCEFIELD
FF in mid (ssd) moment u see starfalls..
nxt thing u know: no more starfalls ON ALL teams and bs u won mass (cause ff is gay)

Quote (2DaYuDiE)
ww in ftd is bullshit, spawns dont have

spawns should have auto dust sh3t and fyi.
FTD IS EZ EVEN WITHOUT WW. JUST GET DOUBLE BLINK AND NOVA SWARM EXPLOSION (pretty retarded but wtvr :P)

Quote (xifelol)
In ssd/normal:
-dust has range so basically you need owl, how many buys owl to mass?
-Also, if they buy owl then you can just dispell the owl n the next second do ww/eq/starfall np.
-If he is using EQ and just dispelled ur owl u are massivly slowed so only way to stop hero is having ranged aoe stun and guessing where he might be since he wont have a circle surrounding him like in starfall. Which means you have to have a ranged stun spell to begin with

any player in this forum can probably counter ur freaking ww ult in less than 1 sec.
Ya... its effective on pub games though sad
wtvr.....as long as theres 10000000 counters, i dont really complain about this

Added (2012-05-11, 10:28 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, if u remove ww...
these ults becomes SUPPPPPPPPPER useless.

CouDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 9:40 PM | Message # 14
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
Come on, please it's getting a bit far-fetched. ww and ulti is the most addicting combo and unique to chf/footies and has always been around since the dawn of chf. To counter it is to -nwd or if red. I agree ff is something to complain since everyone is having problem about it but don't jump on the band wagon and try to add to the problem of things that has the most counters to it lol.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

Message edited by Cou - Friday, 11-May-2012, 9:41 PM

lspiderlDate: Saturday, 12-May-2012, 2:08 AM | Message # 15
Site Manager
something to rember this game isnt blanced arouond FTD or even ssd which are FUN MODES

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » no ww with ultimates
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501