Thursday, 28-Mar-2024, 2:47 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Bond009Date: Wednesday, 15-Jan-2014, 10:57 PM | Message # 16
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
i wanna just say some thoughts here.

I see where alts can be annoying when you are on your real name and you see a bunch of pubs and kinda play more relaxed not expecting to be sniped by some pro under a different account. That as we all know is annoying and can piss you off. Especially if they talk trash to you after thinking they are awesome for catching ppl off guard. We have all probably experienced this at some point..

But at the same time i can fully see why alts have a use and why many people do it. There is tons of legitimate reasons.
- they wanna try out new play styles/builds and dont want to play vs stacked teams while doing it or lose elo or be flamed for playing a new strat bad etc..
- they are playing alone and dont want to be focused
- they dont want to be noticed by anyone and are just in it to play a game of chf
- they dont want to have someone posting their loss everywhere if they do lose

theres more reasons im sure i didnt post, but doing it just to snipe a player is dirty to do.
it would be cool if there was something that just alerted players that an alt isnt a noob but not necessary show who they are via alias, just becuz sometime ppl want their privacy but at the same time shouldnt be able to catch ppl off guard so badly.

Also ppl are going to want to keep their elo becuz the plan for the 2 tier bots will be like the ent ltd bots where there is a High Rank bot that only players can join with minimum 1100elo or something to that affect. that way no new alt accounts can enter to snipe elo and it can be assumed you go in there for more intense games closer to inhouses.

Also i've seen many players with insane amounts of losses and anywhere from 400 elo to -600 elo as where a new account starts out at like 1000 elo with 0 wins/losses
Maybe if there was an easy way to reset everyone with under like 500 elo back to say 900 just to give them a semi chance.

They obviously dont change their account for a reason, maybe they save wins or just like their name but regardless they have 0 chance at ever getting to a HR game and they hurt elo gaining affects. i mean to get -600 elo they have like 45/600+ losses so to lose that much and still love it to play that many games is amazing lol

CouDate: Wednesday, 15-Jan-2014, 11:39 PM | Message # 17
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Wow nice input by Bond.

I hereby declare this thread to be important. :d

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

AL_GIDate: Wednesday, 15-Jan-2014, 11:44 PM | Message # 18
Zombie Pirate
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Yup :P

Added (15-Jan-2014, 11:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I totally agree with bond biggrin

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mehrquackDate: Thursday, 16-Jan-2014, 10:51 AM | Message # 19
Grunt
Bond can u remove elo
It is easy to earn 1100 when u played stacked in a noob tier
Moreover i dont care about my elo . I lost about 400 elo because i leaved many game when there was ftd/ars or when the game was boring

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Thursday, 16-Jan-2014, 3:19 PM | Message # 20
Hero
Quote Bond009 ()
Also ppl are going to want to keep their elo becuz the plan for the 2 tier bots will be like the ent ltd bots where there is a High Rank bot that only players can join with minimum 1100elo or something to that affect. that way no new alt accounts can enter to snipe elo and it can be assumed you go in there for more intense games closer to inhouses.

This is not logical at all since the current ELO is rigged and means absolutly nothing and everyone was discovering elo. This would be a new system and need a fresh start...
Anyway people will reach the 25 wins (10 is not enough for alts) really quickly for average / pubs players it's mean approximately 50 games (25 W / 25 L) with 900 / 1 000 ELO required

Also, If random is going to add tier 1 / tier 2 bot he should uses cyray figures because they are good. Maybe 1200 instead of 1300 ELO limit but rest seems to be correct.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Random260Date: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 3:13 AM | Message # 21
Head Administrator
Cou... I am here overseas . You need to really put an end to this it is too hard to track every alt ect. The elo is balanced we do not need to do this especially manually. Ent elo is fine they have snipers but it is fine. God.... Wtf.. I think the elo is now screwed (edited: I may have overreacted but I will keep it to show my discomfort in this). One man cannot change elo itself we need an auto system there are alot of people sniping and we canot catch them all  thus making this unbalanced. This is why I was hesistant to remove deysnc. The elo should have been kept as it is. Now when we look back at orignal elo we lose all our hisory. Why did you do this without discussing lol. it really screws up the elo and elo should not be modified... And another thing, We will not reset the elo. A win is a win. It doesnt matter how you win it (except for hacks).

I may consider to revert back all our elos thus not removing the dc anyone had and leaving it there. It is  fair and balanced and the elo is untouched just like ent elo and nobody complains about there's...... I like the idea of putting everyone elo back down to 1900. But changing the #1 player and nerfing him to #6 is not balanced. How come people on ent bots do not complain. And I see nothing wrong in using 2 computers that one person controls is an issue (however, pooling is the issue). It is considered very pro to have 1 person using 2 computers. One of the major issue is you cannot be able to pool your 1900 gold. Bond this needs to be fixed..... It works for dota and every map. Now that i think about it just release an updated version with that one update this is how important that fix is. I hope 4.2 (it has been a while) will be out.

You do know how many hours it took apf to get to 2800. Regardless of alts it should be commended that they had to play the games and put in the hours. In my opinion elo is also about awarding and commending the hours of playing custom hero footies. Atm I dont know what you changed and what you have done and the reason.  Right now I am considering not removing dcs anymore (like I said ent does not remove dcs) and resetting elo so all the modification we have done is now gone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 5:05 AM

CouDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 3:23 AM | Message # 22
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
Quote Random260 ()
Cou... I am here overseas . You need to really put an end to this it is too hard to track every alt ect. The elo is balanced we do not need to do this especially manually. Ent elo is fine they have snipers but it is fine. God.... Wtf.. I think the elo is now screwed (edited: I may have overreacted but I will keep it to show my discomfort in this). One man cannot change elo itself we need an auto system there are alot of people sniping and we canot catch them all  thus making this unbalanced. This is why I was hesistant to remove deysnc. The elo should have been kept as it is. Now when we look back at orignal elo we lose all our hisory. Why did you do this without discussing lol. it really screws up the elo and elo should not be modified... And another thing, We will not reset the elo. A win is a win. It doesnt matter how you win it (except for hacks).

Yeah well I was getting alot of complaints. Elo was getting wrecked by fake accounts, you can already see players making emergency polls to do something about elos and were asking about turning off elo. All I did was balance it too 1900. If you played CHF random, you'd know how unfair it is to play for elo only to see it exploited with unfair bonus elo from those top 5 players. I play unstacked myself in 90% of my games and I didn't get as close as to what the APF's did.

Quote Random260 ()
You do know how many hours it took apf to get to 2800. Regardless of alts it should be commended that they had to play the games and put in the hours. In my opinion elo is also about awarding and commending the hours of playing custom hero footies. Atm I dont know what you changed and what you have done and the reason.  Right now I am considering not removing dcs anymore (like I said ent does not remove dcs) and resetting elo so all the modification we have done is now gone.

A scam is a scam, regardless how many hours they put in. They wrecked many games by leaving with the losing accounts and sharing it around, read the forums. I get it in my pm, fb and whispers on bnet. I was getting sick of it, even then I kept asking you to deal with it. I tell you what. I can reset these pathetic status by asking the players to the closest 100's, but then you deal with the problems and unpopularity of elo then ok?

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

stoogeDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 3:33 AM | Message # 23
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
it doesnt take "skills" to have an account with -500 loses and get ur friend to use it just to boost ur elo.

elo had to be fixed and still needs to be fixed

u cant compare CHF elo to ent LT elo as they both are played different.

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 3:52 AM | Message # 24
Hero
Group: Users
Quote stooge ()
u cant compare CHF elo to ent LT elo as they both are played different.

could you elaborate please

name: james mcgovern

Random260Date: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 5:14 AM | Message # 25
Head Administrator
But what difference will it make if you get a person online with -500 to play with you but I may have used the wrong word to describe the thing, skills,. The point am trying to make is that you cannot 1 man cannot manually fix it. We need to a automated system. People asking to take elo down was asked before the abuse happened. It was requested as soon as the elo went to the public. We can compare this to other games like rabbits vs sheep or even dota.

Hmm, I guess it would be annoying to have elo exploited. But the reason I have not dealt with it is because of two reason:

1) I am waiting for 4.2 (I cannot improve the elo if I have not gotten any updates or legit updates on 4.2. I am still stuck on the line of waiting for 4.2 or just adding it.)

2) Still trying to find a solution. (but will get a second view from this)

But doing manually will not fix anything and is not the way to go. But before I am able to do anything I still need some definitive answers about 4.2. As for the two tier bot I was never planning to look into it nor make it. As for the current state I will reset it. It is impossible for you to add it back. I will consider nerfing the top 10 elo. It is not really a scam since they had to play the game and win.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 5:23 AM

Adam_CZDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 5:33 AM | Message # 26
Robotic Ninja
This elo really is not ballanced... i remember i won game and i get only 0.1 elo (i won for example 10 games in a row and got just 1 elo!!) and after i lose 1 game and i lost 100 elo... only this is reason why i was doing sh*ts like give somebody password for michaelpridee account and tell him "please be fake afk i need 1900 gold and 2 hero in mass"

you need make this system ballance = if you win you will get 1 elo (and its not important if you win vs Roystom, Cou, JST4X or vs Rogerlucas, Princess88, Edu.Reme) and if you will fail you will lose just 1 elo (and again its not important if you lose vs Rogerlucas or TheFallenOne)

for example in soccer if you win you get 3 points and its not important if you win vs Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester Units or if you win vs amateurs.... Why for win vs Real Madrid is not 1000 points and for win vs amaterus team is not only 0.0001? I hope you understand me.

stoogeDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 5:44 AM | Message # 27
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
no random elo was abused from the moment it came online. cyray abused it with alt allies boosting his elo, then spaniards started making -600 elo accounts to boost.

what cou did was bring back everyone to 1900 and they werent on 2800 the top was 2400

what i meant by LTD elo and CHF elo was that LTD is a 2 team game and also isnt grudged as much as CHF is.
alts dont make much difference where in CHF alts make all the difference.

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 7:01 AM | Message # 28
Robotic Ninja
Bondy boo. A man that understands. And also Idk eho has my cheesy account but you're not a nice person...

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Cyray@USEASTDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 7:13 AM | Message # 29
Hero
screw you austin you abandoned me today

i killed the 3 captain bonds 5 times but i couldnt end team 3

CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE MY PRO MAULER CHEESY-GORDIA

name: james mcgovern

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 17-Jan-2014, 3:16 PM | Message # 30
Robotic Ninja
BITCH MY BASE WAS DEAD AND THEIR CLEAVE ATTACKED IS WHAT KILLED ME NOT THEM. I GOT EVASION I CANT DIE WHEN THEY HIT ME ONLY

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<