Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 5:57 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 4 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
CouDate: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 9:53 AM | Message # 46
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
Well sorry Adman I'm afraid I have to drop this assignment. :d

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 10:31 AM | Message # 47
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote Random260 ()
As for the idea of making the lowest elo 0 is a good idea. But what are the implications trying to work it out. So lets backtrack. With what I said how can we fix the elo. As for the issue of getting -500 elo score to play with you it can possible be fixed or even nerfed if the limit is 0 elo. What do you guys reckon?
Change default ELO or add limit 0 ELO won't help.
Look for example if you put 0 ELO limit AT START top players will loose less ELO by loosing vs pubs but WITH TIME nothing will change because top players will earn more ELO by raping pubs (due to 0 ELO limit) and they will get higher ELO as now.
I hope you get my point smile

Added (18-Jan-2014, 10:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote SOUNDWAVES ()
btw what is elo calculation formular?how come I can lose like -50 by just one game?
what if rogerlucas(-600) beats nexsus(2000++) does he can earn +50?

If a - 600 ELO team beat 2 000 ELO team yes

Added (18-Jan-2014, 10:31 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Dunno if someone has the current calculation formular used for CHF

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Message edited by F00ty_R3b0rn - Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 10:43 AM

SOUNDWAVESDate: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 10:43 AM | Message # 48
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
the fact is some people won't stop using alts.
I use alts a lot but idc about elo sniping.
Bond already listed legit reasons why ppl using alts.
but he forgot to mentioning adam_cz as one of the alt reasons

I think bringing 2 tier bot system will solve a lot of problems.
when ppl want some hardcore games they go high tier bot.
when ppl want some chill games they can go lower.
when I was pub, chf was hosted by 2 bot which were clanhpmm and bondbot.
usually a lot of pros played in bondbot so I could enjoyed game in clanhpmm bot.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 10:47 AM

Random260Date: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 9:08 PM | Message # 49
Head Administrator
Ok, what do you suggest. Atm we are going around in circles and nothing will change. ATM, we cannot revive the old elo since damage has been dealt but can recalculate but in that case all dcs elo will be put back on but the losses will not if you get what I am saying.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 9:14 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 9:44 PM | Message # 50
Hero
Group: Users
We all suggested the same thing dude
Me bond Cou sound waves f00ty and more agreed

Two bots
Tier 1 and tier 2
I'm not writing about this any more I already wrote so much

name: james mcgovern

Random260Date: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 11:32 PM | Message # 51
Head Administrator
Omfg. We are not going over why it is a bad idea. We need a solution two tier will not solve anything people will still pool there friends and people will still feed to their friends.

Bond009Date: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 11:40 PM | Message # 52
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote Cou ()
@Bond I don't have a problem with alts. If you want to train or try new strats, no problem. But I find it unfair at times if the player is stacking themselves in alts vs a good playerr and wrecks their elo. They lose -30 elo if they lose to anyone not around their ranks.

yeah i mentioned that too, thats one of the biggest down sides to it and shunned, pretty dirty to do it for that reason. Hopefully once this new stuff gets done that wont really be an issue anymore or be possible.

Ok this is kinda how the elo system works. Im not sure on exact number that the ent owner uses. but for the sake of understanding go with this.
The rating uses this kinda formula, (base number 400 may not actually be 400 used by ent)

total of players ratings + 400 x (wins - losses)
- - - - - - - - - - - -Games

if u beat a team with elo rating of 1000 average then
1000 + 400 x (1) = 1400

these arnt the actual numbers used and the elo system is a bit more complex than this but this is a simplistic way it works. I can find out actual numbers if need be

Cyray@USEASTDate: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 11:41 PM | Message # 53
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Omfg. We are not going over why it is a bad idea. We need a solution two tier will not solve anything people will still pool there friends and people will still feed to their friends.

No offense dude but im not explaining this anymore i already wrote so much on it
me and bond are doing it without you, sorry buddy

go learn to read pls:
http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/19-3266-1

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/19-3269-1

Random260Date: Saturday, 18-Jan-2014, 11:57 PM | Message # 54
Head Administrator
Just saw these thread interesting all these threads are located different so I cannot easily see the threads relating to hostbot since it was in idea factory . May have to open and explain my side >.>  .

Ok, think about it there will be two bots one for pro and one for noob. That means two leaderboards. But the problem is how will the pro hostbot fill.... People who do not speak english will not know wtf is going on  and they will stay on the current hostbot  or tier 2 and people who play for fun and not elo will stay on tier 2 since they cannot be bothered to play with pros however, this can be switched for people who dont care about elo will play to vs pros.

So the only way is for the noob hostbot to redirect the pros to the pro hostbot. And another thing we are trying to bulk the chf together. Somebody who plays on the noob hostbot may be the best chf out there but doesn't want to play on the pro. Trust me our hostbot is filling slower. This is no longer 1 second fill. It will not work.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:03 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:05 AM | Message # 55
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
People who do not speak english will not know wtf is going on

are you under the impression that people who do not speak english are mentally handicapped?
it worked for dota and legion, many dota and legion players are not american...

anyway if it doesnt fill how does that negatively affect anything? people just continue to play on the noob bot like how it is now

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:05 AM | Message # 56
Head Administrator
I also think the shuffle second hostbot is kinda good. This is garena ff not battle.net. And another thing you said "It will It will get rid of alt accounts" yes, it will but it will not get rid of stacking (Next thing people complain about is stacking). It will not get rid of pooling allies 1900 gold (but can be only fixed with 4.2)..... As you said yourself people will continue to play on noob hostbot... That would mean lets say the best chf player will still play on the old chf hostbot. Wow cou had an excellent idea a loss cap. That is a good idea. But now that I think about it it is difficult for the 1 player to drop.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:13 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:26 AM | Message # 57
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
I also think the shuffle second hostbot is kinda good. This is garena ff not battle.net. And another thing you said "It will It will get rid of alt accounts" yes, it will but it will not get rid of stacking (Next thing people complain about is stacking). It will not get rid of pooling allies 1900 gold (but can be only fixed with 4.2)..... As you said yourself people will continue to play on noob hostbot... That would mean lets say the best chf player will still play on the old chf hostbot. Wow cou had an excellent idea a loss cap. That is a good idea. But now that I think about it it is difficult for the 1 player to drop.

not going to continue this debate with a child

no offense but any half-intelligent person on this forum has already agreed with me that 2 tier bot is superior
even bond
so we're doing it whether u want to or not ok kid

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:27 AM | Message # 58
Head Administrator
Umm. You haven't got a counter argument. Guess you can't really argue against my reason.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:28 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:31 AM | Message # 59
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Umm. You haven't rebuttled. Guess you can't?

i already addressed all your arguments in detail in my other threads which are literally like 10 pages long and i don't need to write any more because there is no sense in repeating myself

no matter what you want to do me and bond are making a 2 tier bot without you so...i have the luxury of not having to debate with a child

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:31 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:34 AM | Message # 60
Head Administrator
I also think the shuffle second hostbot is kinda good. This is garena ff
not battle.net.

And another thing you said "It will It will get rid of alt accounts" yes, it will but it will not get rid of stacking (Next
thing people complain about is stacking). It will not get rid of pooling
allies 1900 gold (but can be only fixed with 4.2).....

As you said yourself people will continue to play on noob hostbot... That would mean
lets say the best chf player will still play on the old chf hostbot.

Wow cou had an excellent idea a loss cap. That is a good idea. But now that I think about it it is difficult for the 1 player to drop

I'm I child? I'm not the one that couldn't counter argue in a civil manner. You just hypothetically ignored it like a child. Yeah, I need bonds input and cous. But you may have already countered these statement but just copy and paste it. But I doubt you have since your last post was "what is the worst that can happen".

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 0:38 AM

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<