Monday, 13-May-2024, 1:12 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 6 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:31 AM | Message # 76
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I agree with what f00ty said EXCEPT
we don't need to reset ELO because it will make many players rage and cause other problems. plus if we reset elo nobody will have high enough ELO to join the new bot, so when it launches it will literally be empty for weeks which is a bad start. you want it to fill quickly right from the time of launch otherwise people will join and see its empty and never come back again.

Don't reset ELO, just take everyone who is ABOVE 1300 elo and bring them back down to 1300. for players below 1300 ELO, they can be reset to 1,000 so they have a second chance or just kept at whatever they are at now.

name: james mcgovern

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:33 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:33 AM | Message # 77
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Quote stooge ()
no Icedteas idea was the best, do registrations and make elo effect only registerd accounts.

That will be kinda weird because most of players won't register. It's mean that most of time game you play won't be affected by ELO.
+ What happend if :
- In T1 : 3 register players
- In T2 : Full pubs no register
- In T3 : Full pubs no register
- In T4 : 1 register + 2 pubs no register

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:33 AM | Message # 78
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Ok that cleared everything redirection elo is fine. No 1500 elo was just a random number. We will figure it out later. Now that I think about it, We dont need to reset elo then people need to start and play noob hostbot all over again. As the the game name we will decide elo but I want to keep clanhpmm current game name. [PRO]CUSTOM HERO FOOTS or something like that. But keep clanHPMM current game name since it will redirect. We will do everything later. Like the min requirement ect.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:36 AM | Message # 79
Hero
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
we don't need to reset ELO because it will make many players rage and cause other problems. plus if we reset elo nobody will have high enough ELO to join the new bot, so when it launches it will literally be empty for weeks which is a bad start. you want it to fill quickly right from the time of launch otherwise people will join and see its empty and never come back again.Don't reset ELO, just take everyone who is ABOVE 1300 elo and bring them back down to 1300. for players below 1300 ELO, they can be reset to 1,000 or just kept at whatever they are at now.
Lol Like i said i know T1 bot won't fill first 2 /3 weeks. But keep current ELO or bring them back to 1 300 is totally rigged and unfaire for everyone.
During 2 / 3 weeks you could only add T2 bots and when you see there are enough players with 1 200 ELO + you can add the second bot (=tier 1).

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:37 AM | Message # 80
Hero
OK so what we need is (fixed what f00ty wrote):

So we need :
-> 800 Elo needed (start lower so it fill fast at first)
-> 10 wins required (=avoid major part of alts. 10 is enough 25 is too many or bot wont fill)
-> Elo cap in tier 2 bot of 1,200
-> Take ELO of all players above 1200 and bring them down to 1200.
-> advertising on forums, in bot welcome message, and on chf loading screen if possible

Also rename games so even retards could understand.
- T1 Custom hero # or T1 Custom footies # (cause not enough characters allowed i guess)
- T2 Custom hero # or T2 Custom footies #

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:37 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:40 AM | Message # 81
Hero
Seriously your guys said they wanted a better representativ rank ELO (even if it still won't determine who is the best) and you are starting a new system bot with old and totally rigged stats

Added (19-Jan-2014, 5:40 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
-> 10 wins required (=avoid major part of alts. 10 is enough 25 is too many or bot wont fill)
No 25 was fine, anyway you won't reach 1 200 ELO with only 10 Wins.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:44 AM | Message # 82
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
Ok that cleared everything redirection elo is fine.
redirection ELO is good actually, i agree. because if a pro gets redirected and the bot is empty they can just make alt account and go on noob bot. redirection is good i agree with it.

Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Lol Like i said i know T1 bot won't fill first 2 /3 weeks. But keep current ELO or bring them back to 1 300 is totally rigged and unfaire for everyone. During 2 / 3 weeks you could only add T2 bots and when you see there are enough players with 1 200 ELO + you can add the second bot (=tier 1)
the problem is that if the bot doesnt fill for first 2 or 3 weeks it will NEVER fill because the first few players who get 1300 elo will try pro bot and never come back again because its empty...and since they will be banned from the noob bot they wont be able to play any kind of chf and they could just quit the game.

don't reset all elo, just bring players above 1300 back down to 1300.

Added (19-Jan-2014, 5:41 AM)
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Seriously your guys said they wanted a better representativ rank ELO (even if it still won't determine who is the best) and you are starting a new system bot with old and totally rigged stats

how is it rigged? the whole point is that theres a cap on the elo system in the noob bot and elo on the noob bot doesnt even matter, its just a stepping stone so people can get into the pro bot where elo is actually important

anyway the players who were cheating their stats were top players anyway, like roystom and walter

they will get 1300 ELO EASILY, so why bother with reset??? its a bad idea

Added (19-Jan-2014, 5:44 AM)

Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
During 2 / 3 weeks you could only add T2 bots and when you see there are enough players with 1 200 ELO + you can add the second bot (=tier 1).
it wont work because it will take a long time (months) before enough players get into t1 level 1300 elo.

why the hell would you reset everyones elos when you already have a player base of people who are good and above 1300 elo

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:43 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:45 AM | Message # 83
Hero
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
the problem is that if the bot doesnt fill for first 2 or 3 weeks it will NEVER fill because the first few players who get 1300 elo will try pro bot and never come back again because its empty...and since they will be banned from the noob bot they wont be able to play any kind of chf and they could just quit the game.don't reset all elo, just bring players above 1300 back down to 1300.
To counter this i said you can reset ELO and AT START add tier 2 bot AND 2 / 3 WEEKS LATER add tier 1 bot.
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
how is it rigged? the whole point is that theres a cap on the elo system in the noob bot and elo on the noob bot doesnt even matter, its just a stepping stone so people can get into the pro bot where elo is actually important
Because in ELO calculation formular your old ELO and your old Win rate score will be used to calculte your new ELO rank...

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:46 AM | Message # 84
Head Administrator
We dont need to bring any elo down lol. Just keep same elo. We may raise people below 0 elo up a bit. Actually anyone below 1000 elo will be raised back to 1000. As for the game name terrible. Since when I saw tier 1 I was like wtf is a tier 1 just keep it called [PRO]or something like that Keep the requirment super low.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:47 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:46 AM | Message # 85
Hero
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
To counter this i said you can reset ELO and AT START add tier 2 bot AND 2 / 3 WEEKS LATER add tier 1 bot.
EVEN IF you add tier 2 bot 2/3 WEEKS LATER THERE WILL STILL ONLY BE A SMALL AMOUNT OF PLAYERS WITH HIGH ENOUGH ELO
it wont work, the bot definitely wont fill this way

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:47 AM | Message # 86
Hero
There is another gay way to solve that problem... Reset stats of all players (it's mean only number of games and win rate) and keep the current ELO for everyone. Except players with 1 300 + ELO bring them back down to 1300.

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:47 AM | Message # 87
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
We dont need to bring any elo down lol. Just keep same elo. We may raise people below 0 elo up a bit. Actually anyone below 1000 elo will be raised back to 1000. As for the game name terrible. Since when I saw tier 1 I was like wtf is a tier 1 just keep it called [PRO]or something like that.
you should call the bots [PRO]and [NOOB]so people will feel embarassed to play on the noob bot lol  tongue

Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Because in ELO calculation formular your old ELO and your old Win rate score will be used to calculte your new ELO rank...

NO
in new tier 1 bot everyone start with 1,000 ELO

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:48 AM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:48 AM | Message # 88
Head Administrator
I agree with f0ty this will not solve our problem... But we are doing it for fun all this will solve is using noob alts to boost elo. But will not solve pooling 1900 gold and stacking. No I want to keep current win/losses.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:49 AM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:49 AM | Message # 89
Hero
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
There is another gay way to solve that problem... Reset stats of all players (it's mean only number of games and win rate) and keep the current ELO for everyone. Except players with 1 300 + ELO bring them back down to 1300.

you don't understand...there will be 2 ladders so stats on tier 2 ladder DONT AFFECT ANYTHING in tier 1 ladder AT ALL

Added (19-Jan-2014, 5:49 AM)
Quote Random260 ()
I agree with f0ty this will not solve our problem... But we are doing it for fun all this will solve is using noob alts to boost elo. But will not solve pooling 1900 gold and stacking.

yes its not perfect but its better than what we have right now.

its some improvement.

also it will help with stacking because players cant make negative ELO accounts to boost their friends.
so if players really do play full stacked on their main accounts their ELO won't go up since the bot can tell if you play with pros or noobs

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:49 AM

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 5:50 AM | Message # 90
Hero
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
you don't understand...there will be 2 ladders so stats on tier 2 ladder DONT AFFECT ANYTHING in tier 1 ladder AT ALL

Ah k haven't read this

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<