Monday, 06-May-2024, 2:29 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Focus on this for now - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Focus on this for now
Focus on this for now
Bond009Date: Sunday, 17-Oct-2010, 3:52 AM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I dont have the time to add anything new really.

For now the most important thing is to perfect what we have now and then later build from that.

Even now theres still many things that seem a bit weak or still a bit too op, like certain mauler builds. Its not necessarily fair to have a certain hero combo be super op late game just because its hard to get lvl'd up early game. Any hero can lvl up early game if u have the right 2 hero team mates.

Right now i need to maybe balance a few abilities and some of the sucky heros no one likes getting along with fixing all the glitches that are in 3.4a and call it good for now..

AgresionDate: Sunday, 17-Oct-2010, 5:12 AM | Message # 2
Archer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Here r few things i think should be balanced.

1. Why is the Wizards fog affecting only cannon towers but not arcane? If u change this i think Wizard will be used more often and he will be a good counter tactic for players that play defensive from the beginning.

2. My impression is that transmute is most overpowered ulty, especially when its used with ww for hit and run tactic. These transmuters games usually last to long and r very boring, and they r finished by transmuter geting darks. It would be nice if u could prolong casting time of transmute to around 1.5 - 2 sec. This way u could give players a just enough time to have a chance to stop transmuter with some disable (rat for example).

3. Dispell item in central shop needs a lower cost, or u could make more charges for the current price. This item is the only thing u can use to fight against summons + transmute. Combos with black arrow/stone + transmute r wery hard to counter (i would say even impossible when enemy team is pooling). U cant use jammie, so only thing u got is central shop dispell.

4. I never saw some1 pick snake wards skill. I think thats cuz their hp is too low. Making them less fragile would buff them enough and make them useful.

Hope u will consider some of these suggestions for next version.

ChrIsiceraDate: Sunday, 17-Oct-2010, 5:27 AM | Message # 3
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
[Sarcasm] Bond you totally need to nerf the pit lord! Everyone loves him and his blinding speed, immense intellect, and wall of other positive attributes![/sarcasm]

Aggression, Serpent wards are already fairly good, especially when used by a team.

Message edited by ChrIsicera - Sunday, 17-Oct-2010, 5:28 AM

Bond009Date: Sunday, 17-Oct-2010, 3:30 PM | Message # 4
Overall Site Owner
yeah a lot of those are good tips ill add those in.

I think with the wards though i agree with chris in masses they are good also spells dont work on them not even wave so they require an actual attack which doesnt happen aften becuz they are low on the priority list, also they spawn a good amount at once and it has a really low cd time so for now i think they alright.

Master-HeroDate: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 2:38 PM | Message # 5
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
Quote (Agresion)
My impression is that transmute is most overpowered ulty, especially when its used with ww for hit and run tactic. These transmuters games usually last to long and r very boring, and they r finished by transmuter geting darks. It would be nice if u could prolong casting time of transmute to around 1.5 - 2 sec. This way u could give players a just enough time to have a chance to stop transmuter with some disable (rat for example).

Games would be MUCH longer without transmute.

Inactive mod.

AntyoneDate: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 3:40 PM | Message # 6
Development Director
i think transmute is good as it is now.

if u have a good team, u can easily win against whole team of transmuters.. I mean, think about it

whole team with trans vs whole team that is HK based hero (for example). if the teams are well organised, transmuters
have no chance at getting anywhere near the base to transmute. ok, they can use the potion of invulnerability but come on..
so can u to kill their heroes at their bases.

if u notice transmuters early in the game, u can as well bk them asap or w/e.

leave transmuting as it is imo.

Oh, recently i chose ww, incinerate and critical on jaood and I thought that critical didnt work with incinerate, although some1 told me it works
and right now im confused. im pretty positive that this combination doesnt work, can any1 check for sure?

Message edited by Antyone - Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 3:41 PM

Master-HeroDate: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 4:27 PM | Message # 7
Legacy Staff
Quote (Antyone)
Oh, recently i chose ww, incinerate and critical on jaood and I thought that critical didnt work with incinerate, although some1 told me it works
and right now im confused. im pretty positive that this combination doesnt work, can any1 check for sure?

It does work together. Atleast after what I checked.

Inactive mod.

Bond009Date: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 5:49 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
guess we can base convo off this now
http://www.chf.ucoz.com/forum/11-99-1

AgresionDate: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 5:57 PM | Message # 9
Archer
Group: Users
Quote (Antyone)
i think transmute is good as it is now.
if u have a good team, u can easily win against whole team of transmuters.. I mean, think about it

whole team with trans vs whole team that is HK based hero (for example)

Well... if u have a good team u can easily win against anything... The fact is that we pubs mostly dont have a team, and u cant command your alies what to pick and make team combos.

Quote (Antyone)
if u notice transmuters early in the game, u can as well bk them asap

Most of those who use ww+transmute upgrade their arcanes straight after mass so early BK them is hard, and even if u manage to do it, it often costs u a lot (other teams backstab u).
I dont think that slight increase of casting time will affect regular game transmuting. It will just make it a bit harder for those who camp their whole game in base surrounded with towers and workers and going out just to transmute.

Bond009Date: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 6:05 PM | Message # 10
Overall Site Owner
yeah doesnt seem like its uncalled for. Little cast time shouldnt hurt it any.

HM2008Date: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 6:48 PM | Message # 11
Noob
i dont really care about this thread lol, nerf or leave transmute it doesnt matter cause i would take 3 good players with chims then 3 good with trans anyday... sometimes the difference between having an attacking ulti and just using 1 for gold can cost u early game... this is why i dont use trans that often. also there r many things that dominate when 3 people have it... earthquake for instance....... just stupid how fast a base can go down with 3 LVL 3 quakes lol or 3 tornados, 3 towers(attacking same base hurts), 9 chims lol, 12 fenixs, all of these things are scary as fuck when ur up against them. Any pro verse 3 good players, all having the same ulti like this would fail when they work as a team, actually the best player in CHF (not knowing who it is) would fail. Cause afterall it is all about teamwork.

ChrIsiceraDate: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 7:53 PM | Message # 12
Grunt
HM, 3 with trans is not to be under rated, 3 with trans is the difference between spell breakers with 10 ups and dark knights with 2. Trans ends up being a big deal especially if all the money is going to one place. Before Fallen left he actively put transmute above chims as far as what every team member should get.

HM2008Date: Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 8:18 PM | Message # 13
Noob
lol chris man, again with the fallen said this fallen said that...... its only 1 guys opinion just like anyone elses. but yeah 3 trans at lvl 6 is like what? 600 gold between them.... 3 quake at lvl 6 is a certain base kill for at least 1 base... or 3 chims... thats a bunch of unit kills and some heros possibly... trans is good no doubt about it but u can put a game away b4 it ends up being the difference between spell breakers with 10 ups and darks with 2...

ChrIsiceraDate: Tuesday, 19-Oct-2010, 0:33 AM | Message # 14
Grunt
Any team with a decent army built early on is scary, that's why most of the strategies that solo can't be beaten have pool for tech as one of their primary tenants.

Unrelated: Tier 1 buildings should let you upgrade your racial upgrade IE attack speed for undead, health forOrc, range for NE etc.

Added (2010-10-19, 1:33 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Oh Bond, cast time is a bad way to deal with transmute, I don't think it's in need of a nerf despite being one of the better skills, if you have to nerf it nerf cool down slightly, but don't touch cast time since that will make it far less useful over all late game when it's very easy to kill you.

Message edited by ChrIsicera - Monday, 18-Oct-2010, 8:36 PM

Master-HeroDate: Tuesday, 19-Oct-2010, 3:49 AM | Message # 15
Legacy Staff
Quote (ChrIsicera)
Oh Bond, cast time is a bad way to deal with transmute, I don't think it's in need of a nerf despite being one of the better skills, if you have to nerf it nerf cool down slightly, but don't touch cast time since that will make it far less useful over all late game when it's very easy to kill you.

I agree. In the late games against good players, then it's the few sec between u escape with tp or ww etc. or DIE.

Inactive mod.

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Focus on this for now
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501