Friday, 19-Apr-2024, 3:05 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » Maps » CHF TOURNAMENTS » CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD (QUESTIONS GO HERE)
CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD
FirNesSDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 3:58 AM | Message # 16
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Awards: 0
But sometimes pubs keep feeding the same team which makes game unfair... Anyway I don't think there is any other way.

TicklemonsterDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 5:33 AM | Message # 17
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Quote (ÜberGeek)
-pubs who feed on purpose (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who die easily with heroes (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who are neutral towards both teams (Easy comps are)
-pubs who actually try to win

Have you played against comps? The heroes will use thier 2 tps given and then next time they will just go out and die.
Secondly if you attack them a little bit they will send everything they have at you in an attempt to kill you but just feeding.

#CHFbecamedsucks

Adam_CZ "wildjap is the worsest player chf ever"

[-FTL-]RoyStoM "you never win me or win team ftl jajajajaj i god for game"

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 8:23 AM | Message # 18
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
Quote (Ticklemonster)
Have you played against comps? The heroes will use thier 2 tps given and then next time they will just go out and die.
Secondly if you attack them a little bit they will send everything they have at you in an attempt to kill you but just feeding.

exactly. our setup may not be perfect, but its the best we can do.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

ÜberGeekDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 9:03 AM | Message # 19
Mr. Löwenstein
Quote (Ticklemonster)
Have you played against comps? The heroes will use thier 2 tps given and then next time they will just go out and die. Secondly if you attack them a little bit they will send everything they have at you in an attempt to kill you but just feeding.

All I know is that Easy Comps are still better than 30% of the players I've played with/against in the last month.

And it's irrelevant now, there will be no AI players in the tourney matches.

Added (2012-06-13, 10:03 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
long explanation: A double-elimination tournament is a type of elimination tournament competition in which a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost two games or matches. It stands in contrast to a single-elimination tournament, in which only one defeat results in elimination. A double-elimination tournament is broken into two sets of brackets, the Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket (W and L Brackets for short). After the first round, the winners proceed into the W Bracket and the losers proceed into the L Bracket. The W Bracket is conducted in the same manner as a single-elimination tournament, except of course that the losers of each round "drop down" into the L Bracket. Put simply, you have to lose two games in order to be fully eliminated from the tournament. Each round of the L Bracket is conducted in two stages, the first stage consisting of the winners of the previous stage (or losers of the very first round of competition) playing their matches, the second stage consisting of the winners of the first stage against the losers of that same round of the W Bracket playing their matches. This is to allow the losers of each stage of the W Bracket to "filter down" into the L Bracket. For example, in an eight-competitor double-elimination tournament, the losers of the first round enter the first stage of the L Bracket – the L Bracket quarterfinals – and compete against each other. The losers are eliminated, while the winners proceed to the second stage of the L Bracket – the L Bracket semifinals – to face the losers of the W Bracket semifinals. The winners of the L Bracket semifinals proceed to the L Bracket finals, with the winner of that game being the Losers' Bracket champion. The championship finals of a double elimination tournament is set up to be a possible two games. The rationale is that since the tournament is indeed double elimination, it is unfair to have the Winners' Bracket champion eliminated with its first loss. Therefore, while the Winners' Bracket champion needs to beat the Losers' Bracket champion only once to win the tournament, the Losers' Bracket champion must beat the Winners' Bracket champion twice.

This is a bit confusing for me so I'll try to paraphrase: after the first match, the winning team gets matched up with another winning team, and the losing team with another team who lost. Is that it?

Where does the losing team go when they win their second game, after the first loss?

What happens when a team wins 2 games in a row, then loses 1 game? Where do they go?

Another question: who's responsible for bringing the 6 players together for every game? The team captains? The organizers? What happens if a team doesn't come to play after a given amount of time? Do they get eliminated automatically?

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 10:57 AM | Message # 20
Zombie Pirate
Quote (ÜberGeek)
This is a bit confusing for me so I'll try to paraphrase: after the first match, the winning team gets matched up with another winning team, and the losing team with another team who lost. Is that it?

the losing team stays in the losers bracket if they win their second game, but they still advance to the next round as opposed to being eliminated alltogether.

if a team wins their first two games, they advance 2 rounds in the winners bracket, but then if they lsoe their third game, they go down to the losers bracket but they are still in the tournament. does that make sense?

so if you win all your games, you stay in the winners bracket.
once you lose your first game, you drop down to the losers bracket.
once you lose your second game (which would happen while you are in the losers bracket), you are eliminated from the tournament.

the losers bracket is sort of like a "second chance" for those teams who get eliminated.

Added (2012-06-13, 11:57 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Another question: who's responsible for bringing the 6 players together for every game? The team captains? The organizers? What happens if a team doesn't come to play after a given amount of time? Do they get eliminated automatically?

I will handle the scheduling. I'm OCD so it should work out just fine. There will be a deadline date where all games must be completed, and if teams dont finish their games by this deadline then they may be eliminated depending on the circumstances.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

Message edited by xMoNsTeRRR - Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 10:06 AM

2DaYuDiEDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 12:53 PM | Message # 21
Ninja
what happens if some1 dc? is there a rematch?

FirNesSDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 1:03 PM | Message # 22
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Quote (Ticklemonster)

I return the question... Have you ever played against comps? They often get new TPs for all game, not only the two of start.

i-connectDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 1:24 PM | Message # 23
Lead Administrator
Group: Users
I believe win codes shouldn't be allowed in tourney because what if like one team gets captain bond and like the other team doesn't. Some rare hero with blnk is so gay and its a 50% you getting that rare hero and if one team only gets that rare hero, It is super gay

shinkirouDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 1:27 PM | Message # 24
Grunt
Quote (i-connect)
I believe win codes shouldn't be allowed in tourney because what if like one team gets captain bond and like the other team doesn't. Some rare hero with blnk is so gay and its a 50% you getting that rare hero and if one team only gets that rare hero, It is super gay

dude can u read ur pms xD

That's easy. If someone wins, the fighting will end.

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 4:01 PM | Message # 25
Zombie Pirate
Quote (2DaYuDiE)
what happens if some1 dc? is there a rematch?

OK I changed the DC policy a bit, let me know what you think (uber and hele, and anyone else who wants to contribute):
-If you disconnect/desync/lag out from a game, the game will not stop. This is to prevent people from disconnecting themselves from the internet if they are losing a game. However, if someone from the winning team disconnects, and they feel that there is no way they would have lost that game if not for the fact that they disconnected, then Bond and I will review the replay. If Bond and I agree that there was absolutely no way that this team could have lost besides due to d/c, then a rematch will be played between the two teams.

Quote (i-connect)

luck is part of CHF and there's nothing I can do about that. We will be using 4.0a in which captain bond has been nerfed so it wil be more balanced. Obviously, in chf you can always get awesome or terrible heroes based on luck, but thats the way the game is designed. It will happen whether or not load codes are allowed.
Also I'm not going to ban load codes because i want the tournament to be as similar to regular chf as possible.

Message edited by xMoNsTeRRR - Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 4:06 PM

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 4:12 PM | Message # 26
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 3
The main reason we are not reinforcing the idea of having computers on team 2 and 4 is because of the fact that these computers send a lot of units in the middle which = $$$. Nobody will pick spells according to what they would pick in an actual game. Instead this would just encourage heavy ass aoe wave use, no summons just aoes which is not what we want for the tournament. We want people to pick what they think is best for team situations.

2. It can go either one of two ways. Either ai feeds so much that both of the teams forget the purpose of actually ending the game and also this makes the teams forget that they are playing against eachother... not playing against mainly thew AI. Or two, the ai is fed so much that both teams lose hence forcing us to schedule a rematch.

3. ... AI are fucking idiots lol.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 7:20 PM | Message # 27
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Its true AI probably shouldn't be used because easy will mainly just be feed and kinda play similar to pubs, but normal or insane will have a high threat of winning if the teams dont get builds to counter how AI play in most cases. It would take too much attention off the main team 1 and team 3's battle. (it would be comical if neither team won though)

Speaking of which.. what if neither team 1 or team 3 wins because they are too concerned with each other and a pub team comes and kills them catching them off guard lmao what if t2 or t4 wins? rematch?

The way you have it now is probably the best way to do it, but its a shame we cant have it be a bit more controlled environment to test both teams.. but oh well.

These were just ideas but probably not real possibility's.
-Could just have t2 and t4 be comps without ai turned on so they are like even feed team that don't attack or affect the game (but like discussed it wouldnt be like a real chf game)
-At first was thinking games could start out like 6v6 as a way to organize the tourny but nvm.. Maybe for a future tourny we could have a clans or mass team's tourny where it starts out with 2 teams of friends each vs 2 teams so a diagonal 6v6 game. t1+t3 vs t2+t4
-I think the only way a good 3v3 could be simulated is with ssd 150% on becuz you need that extra 50% xp rate from lack of being 2 more teams for feed, and the slow gold trickle would also help compensate for lack of other teams feed. But still not a true normal chf game i guess.

TrixxareforkidsDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 7:37 PM | Message # 28
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
I'll go through replays and give a text summary of every game, just make sure to include who submitted the replay so I can give it an added layer of perspective

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 9:31 PM | Message # 29
Robotic Ninja
i wanted a voice narration so i could hear you be like "and they make a comback and win the game! its aboot the craziest thing to happen since the nhl blah blah blah blah"

ÜberGeekDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 10:41 PM | Message # 30
Mr. Löwenstein
A few more questions/suggestions:

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
We will be using 4.0a in which captain bond has been nerfed so it wil be more balanced.

Plus all the other changes which are listed here, right? Bringing a new version out just before a tourney is a bad idea imo. If we play with 4.0a, then give people a week to test it.

Which brings me to my next concern...

All of a sudden, you guys wanna start on June 15th? Like tomorrow? That's too soon, especially if you're bringing a new version out. Wait until after the weekend at least. A lot of teams aren't set up properly. Only start the tourney when everything is finalized (teams/rules).

Maybe some haven't even seen the tourney threads and would like to participate e.g. kokot and his team?

You've gotten everyone excited, you don't want any premature ejaculations now, do you?

+

Replay thread should have a clear format, something like this: ["Team A" (WON) vs. "Team B" (LOST)] [link] We're talking about 30+ replays here and there will be a lot of comments and crying going on for sure, so organize it so things don't get too messy.

...and finally, a suggestion/idea:

As a sign of good sportsmanship, opposing teams should not agitate/taunt/talk smack to each other during the actual matches.
Like: no messages in the All Chat from the 6 players, no Private Messages, etc...leave all that nonsense for after the game is finished, cry in the replay thread if you must.

Of course there's no way to enforce this and I already know that some will not be able to keep their mouth shut, so...

...since I'll probably watch all the replays afterwards, I could 'hand out' yellow cards and other penalties for 'being a bad sport'. Maybe even make a separate thread, the "Hall of Shame" or something. Just to have a list.

You guys cool with that?

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Message edited by ÜberGeek - Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 10:43 PM

Forum » Maps » CHF TOURNAMENTS » CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD (QUESTIONS GO HERE)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<