Friday, 26-Apr-2024, 9:13 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » Maps » CHF TOURNAMENTS » CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD (QUESTIONS GO HERE)
CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD
Cheesy-GordiaDate: Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 10:30 PM | Message # 1
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Custom Hero Footies Tournament of Champions
Sponsored by CyRay and xMoNsTeRRR
Summer 2012

LATINOAMERICANOS: Haz clic aquí para traducir a español:
Spanish Translation/Español Traducir

ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS TOURNAMENT ARE TO BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD ONLY

You can ask about rules, prizes, set-ups etc
POST YOUR CONCERNS, DONT BE IDIOTS

ATTENTION IF YOU NEED TEAMMATES THEN USE THE FORM BELOW

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 8:51 PM

SecreT-Name-Date: Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 10:37 PM | Message # 2
Hero
Awards: 0
Gordia , i have a question .. The winners of the tournament what they get?

Ah new car ? lol tongue

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 10:53 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
$15 per person~$45 total~ and the ability to call yourself GOD OF CHF!

Added (2012-06-11, 11:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
…………………...- *" \ - "::*'\
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : :: *„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 10:41 PM

killerrangeDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 3:35 AM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 1
i can't figure out what that picture is

I'm here to help :D

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 5:16 AM | Message # 5
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
you dont wanna know

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

SecreT-Name-Date: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 3:54 PM | Message # 6
Hero
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
you dont wanna know

Hahaha ! B===O

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 11:01 PM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Thanks for the feedback uber, ill try to address your concerns here.

Quote (ÜberGeek)
-include "no loading of win-codes" in the rules to disable special heroes and no extra 75 gold at start

No. If people have worked hard for their codes then they should be able to use them. This tournament is the pinnacle of CHF, all that hard work you guys have done over the past months shouldn't be for nothing. Plus, if you can't even get 25 wins, are you even trying?

Quote (ÜberGeek)
Who decides on what's a pub team? one team could get focused on both sides and lose the mass + pubs could feed anybody.

We will get all the IP addresses of everyone registered in the tournament from Bond before the games start. Pub players can be anyone who is not registered in the tournament. We will then check the IPs of each player before the game starts to make sure that there are no fake "pubs" pretending to play in each game, and anyone who attempts to cheat by having their friends play on one team will be caught by IP detection and banned.
Obviously (and multiple people have pointed this out) the tournament would be better if we could have full houses for every round. But this is not feasible. Not only do we not have enough players to do this, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get four teams with three players each (a total of twelve players) to all sign on at the same time.People have tried to create tournaments before (Assasin-West, Bond, Evo-Jazzy, Master Hero) and every. single. one. has failed. The reason is because people just don't show up to the games all at the same time. Its too hard. Real life gets in the way.
The only solution to this is to have two teams be pubs in a 3v3v3v3, or have a 3v3 with no pubs. Monster, Taylor, Cheesy, Stax and Legal have tested out 3v3's many times and they just dont work. Its not the same game. Things like donation and mind rape are way overpowered, just like how they are in 1v1 matches. So really a 3v3v3v3 with pubs is our only choice. Sorry Uber, but life isn't perfect :/

Quote (ÜberGeek)
What happens if you're winning and let's say, both allies lag out/desync/go afk? Establish rules for those situations to deal with the crybabies.

We already answered this:
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
-If you disconnect from a game, the game will not stop. However, if people from both teams disconnect, then you can restart the game.

This is the only way we can do it because people often "disconnect" when they are losing and claim their internet died. The show must go on.

Quote (ÜberGeek)

Not sure I understand this: you decide who faces who in the first round? Why not randomize it? Because the team that faces tDT
first will be in more trouble then e.g. the team who faces APF.

We decide who faces who in the first round. IF we randomize it then it won't work well because what if the two best teams are facing eachother in the first round? Like soundwaves' team vs TDT? that wouldn't be very fair.
We will set it up so that the best teams are spread farthest apart so they don't play eachother until the final rounds. This seems much for fair to me than to randomize it, but feel free to respond and disagree with me.

Quote (ÜberGeek)
I want a play by play commentary as well. If you can't find a hot french voice, hire one of these guys:

Trixx is doing the commentating. smile

Quote (ÜberGeek)
One last thing: if the slots don't fill up and there is an odd number of teams (11, 15, etc.) I could enter the tourney so that
every team has an opponent. Looking for teammates who are not serious about winning.

We would be thrilled if you entered the tournament! You better join quickly because 12 spots already filled up on the first day. Also I can help you find teammates too if you want. smile UBER #1!!

Quote (ÜberGeek)
-make a separate thread where all the replays are posted

we will do this once the tournament has actually started so that the thread doesnt get cluttered up with spam/irrelevant posts

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

ÜberGeekDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 11:28 PM | Message # 8
Mr. Löwenstein
Group: Clan Members
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
if you can't even get 25 wins, are you even trying?

Personally, I don't have a problem with using codes in the tourney. I just thought it would make the games more fair, since maybe some pros register with different names and thus have no win codes. It was a general concern but yeah, codes should be allowed.

Having 3vs3 only is totally fine. The problem is the other 6 players in the game. It's not about IP addresses and people on alts.

The problem is there's a difference between a pub and a pub:

-pubs who feed on purpose (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who die easily with heroes (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who are neutral towards both teams (Easy comps are)
-pubs who actually try to win

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Sorry Uber, but life isn't perfect :/

It isn't? cry

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
-If you disconnect/lag out/desync from a game, the game will not stop. However, if people from both teams disconnect, then you can restart the game.

I agree with this, just include the words in red.

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
what if the two best teams are facing eachother in the first round? Like soundwaves' team vs TDT? that wouldn't be very fair.

Don't wanna see this happen either.

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
We will set it up so that the best teams are spread farthest apart so they don't play eachother until the final rounds.

Fair enough. smile

Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Trixx is doing the commentating.

For every game?! That's totally awesome! I <4 Trixxie (no romo)

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

Message edited by ÜberGeek - Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 11:40 PM

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 11:29 PM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Quote (ÜberGeek)
Personally, I don't have a problem with using codes in the tourney. I just thought it would make the games more fair, since maybe some pros register with different names and thus have no win codes. It was a general concern but yeah, codes should be allowed.

nah its fine.

all pros have wincodes. it would just be a pain in the ass to enforce it and check every game if someone loaded theirs or not.

a_chinese_kidDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 11:58 PM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Trixx is doing the commentating.

he is eh? thats aboot the craziest thing ive evar heard. wink nah me and danniel will be playing legion td mega :P

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 0:06 AM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Quote (ÜberGeek)
For every game?! That's totally awesome! I <4 Trixxie (no romo)

ill ask him if he's willing to do that. i think we agreed on just the finals but we'll see biggrin

Added (2012-06-13, 1:06 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (ÜberGeek)
The problem is there's a difference between a pub and a pub:

-pubs who feed on purpose (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who die easily with heroes (Easy comps don't do this)
-pubs who are neutral towards both teams (Easy comps are)
-pubs who actually try to win

your argument is true, but there isn't much we can do about it. fortunately for us, pubs are a lot better now than they were, say, a year ago. using computers would change the way the game is played; it wouldn't be the same chf we all know and love. computer (easy) is just straight feed because its too weak. computer (normal) and (hard) are kinda useless as well since they comps dont play the same way as human beings and it just changes the game.

of course some pubs will feed on purpose, and die easily but since the tournament registered teams will be on team 1 and team 3, the pub teams will be equal distance from each team so the tournament teams will have opportunities to steal hero kills and feed equally. Both teams can feed on the same opponents.

Also, of course the games wont be perfectly neutral, but chf is never neutral. of course one team is going to be focused more than another team but tahts just the way the game is played. id rather have a slightly ufnair game with real people than to use bond's preprogrammed bots, personally.

If we play against computers everyone will go mass AOE since computers always tech and dont kill their feed. it will simply become a competition over who can feed the most with their aoes. it won't be true CHF anymore. The computers are pretty damn smart (props to bond), but they just arent human-like enough for them to be usable just yet.

Message edited by xMoNsTeRRR - Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 0:08 AM

ÜberGeekDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 0:28 AM | Message # 12
Mr. Löwenstein
CHF is not CHF without the feeding pubs so yeah, okay...pubs can stay. biggrin

I am Über, the craziest Über ever.

FTL forever

Onwards comrades!

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 0:50 AM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
Quote (ÜberGeek)
CHF is not CHF without the feeding pubs so yeah, okay...pubs can stay. biggrin

This is actually sad but true. Games get really boring when there's no feed to kill. Inhouses being a perfect example

FirNesSDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 3:01 AM | Message # 14
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
I know it's hard to do it, but the best way to make games fair would be 3v3v3v3... But 12 players have to be online at the same time, it's not easy...

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 13-Jun-2012, 3:26 AM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Quote (FirNesS)
I know it's hard to do it, but the best way to make games fair would be 3v3v3v3... But 12 players have to be online at the same time, it's not easy...

That the first point

and also everyone has a biased opinion always going for the strongest or the most threatening to team.

It can be like a 6 v 3 or a 9 v 3 which makes it unfair.

Since there is not alot

3. Believe me, if you have not had the idea of what full inhouses are like, you are not ready for this xD. Inhouses are boring, encourages passive passive passive passive play (like sit in base till december 21st 2012) with very unskilled coordination since everyone is wearing a buttplug trying to not die.

The reason we want to make it a adjacent match up is because nobody will have a severe corner mass, everyone will have a chance to feed off of the other teams beside them. Hence completely fair match up. That is also why we are heavily reinforcing the ip check making sure no friends are on alts to make it an unfair match up for one team while the other team is in the clear for a much easier win.

Forum » Maps » CHF TOURNAMENTS » CUSTOM HERO FOOTIES TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS FAQ THREAD (QUESTIONS GO HERE)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<