POSSIBLE Alternate site - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Announcements and Information » News » POSSIBLE Alternate site
POSSIBLE Alternate site
lspiderlDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 8:31 PM | Message # 1
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
ok so you have all heard it mentioned before but bond gave the ok to post the link for you all to check out

http://chf.forummate.com

check it out

test the chat etc

post what you think

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

a_chinese_kidDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 8:37 PM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
isn't this the alt for at&t users?

lspiderlDate: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011, 9:03 PM | Message # 3
Site Manager
this is the alternate site me and vex put together

it was posted up for that i think when the site was down for a few days

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 1:51 AM | Message # 4
Hero
Awards: 2
Lol, i went and tried to register only to find out I already had. I remember this site.

Each move we lose people, also we have to repost much of the Content. From what I can tell so far, this site has more things. Alas, I also really liked the old forum. I remember that there were some key reasons we moved but I don't remember them at the moment. How is Kobas doing? I have not seen any of his posts recently.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 1:58 AM | Message # 5
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Hes a Mod on the Hive forums now so he spends alot of time on there and other stuff hes got goin on in life i think

but yea i tend to agree its too much work to move, i mean this forum isnt perfect but for what we need and how many we have here its good enough i guess. I mean if this ever got as many ppl as dota or something then yeah would need a big time upgrade but for now its not worth the effort probably

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 12:06 PM | Message # 6
Site Manager
would it be a lot of trouble to move and carry things over? sure but given all the drama on here of the last year it realy wouldnt be a big deal to pick up and leave 90% of it behind

its smother and faster , it doesnt block or give trouble to people from certain internet scources , it has a built in chatbox
its got a proper back up system
and if ever needed the entire site can be packed up and moved to another provider
its got sub forums and a myriad of other features that this site does not and WILL not ever have

as it stands This site will never progress past chf and WC3 but with a proper site we can grow the comunity and the other games we cover untill it becomes a full fledged gaming site that will be here for a long time to come

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 1:31 PM | Message # 7
Hero
But won't that kinda defeat the point of this being the Official Custom Hero Footies site? Then It would be just another game chat forum.

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 5:17 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
Quote (lspiderl)
would it be a lot of trouble to move and carry things over? sure but given all the drama on here of the last year it realy wouldnt be a big deal to pick up and leave 90% of it behind

hehehe

Legal_lifeDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 6:31 PM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
stay on old one.

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 05-Oct-2011, 9:33 PM | Message # 10
Site Manager
ok firstly guys this thread isnt a discuss weather or not we should move thread as that IF decided wouldnt be ahppening yet

this is a thread to inform people about the alternate site and let them try it and and give there oppinions of the other site so lets try and keep it on that track please

lastly
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
But won't that kinda defeat the point of this being the Official Custom Hero Footies site? Then It would be just another game chat forum.

ALL good game sites while focused on one specific game branch out to discuss and add other topics and games to expand a userbase

sure we could remain exclusivly CHF and nothing else and sit around doing nothing and within a year or so bond will stop updating chf and wc3 will finish dying then the site and comunity is gone poof

OR we could expand and branch out , open up teh comunity , perhaps make plans for other games or sc2 maps eventualy wc4 maps etc and instead grow and become more involved and cool and grow as a community

while some might be content to jsut give up and let things die some might not want to see all the time and effort invested in building a community to just disapear

Vampirism_FireDate: Thursday, 06-Oct-2011, 1:01 AM | Message # 11
Hero
Yea, that is all understandable. But why do we need a whole new forum? Just make a subsection in the Non-WC3 games section for each game. If we get too many then put them into categories. I have been for that since we came to this board.

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 06-Oct-2011, 5:03 PM | Message # 12
Site Manager
because this forum doesnt support sub forums

doesnt support chat

doesnt support 90% of the features people have bene asking for since forever

randomly blocks and makes it increadibly difficult for people to connect to it from several internet providers

the list goes on and on and on

Forum » Announcements and Information » News » POSSIBLE Alternate site
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501