Tuesday, 07-May-2024, 9:14 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Noobs better than "pros" ?? - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » Noobs better than "pros" ??
Noobs better than "pros" ??
TicklemonsterDate: Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 11:12 PM | Message # 1
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
So after losing a few games against some teams that i thought to be quite reasonable i noticed something that was a little bit ironic. I was playing a couple of games against some pubs and every game not one of them left until it came down to me destroying their bases... most of them said GG and moved on. It was a fairly played game. Then i had a couple of games against people who i would consider to have some skill now not only do half of them leave as soon as their heroes die a couple of times and units are killed they all go mass donation.. ( the rest of their team will have mass AoE so when one leaves that person will be able to feed a whole lot faster because they are leveling faster) Now im wondering who exactly has the skill in Custom Hero Footies?? Gutless "pros" or the "noobs" who actually put up a strong fight?

#CHFbecamedsucks

Adam_CZ "wildjap is the worsest player chf ever"

[-FTL-]RoyStoM "you never win me or win team ftl jajajajaj i god for game"

a_chinese_kidDate: Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 11:26 PM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Depends on what you guys define as pros. The most definable "skill" for this game is micro, which is not even required to beat most. The micro used in this game is hardly any, some people like cou use a lot of the potential in creeps with micro by using multiple however a lot of people can only control like 3 different unit types and 2 of each etc.

Pros and noobs are completely different but potential pubs/amateur players are hardly separate from pros. It just depends on what op spells you use based on whats allowed by "pros". People frown upon the use of op spell combos because its simple however the fact of the matter is, those spells can be used by anyone not just pros. That takes away the whole idea of "Skill" and takes away the whole system of pros and noobs etc.

the point is you cant define the skill level of someone based on this game or whos better or worse between to different groups using this game, modes can some what provide an explanation for skill such as crt - just because its the same spell combos etc. but that still has technicalities as do all the other modes

lspiderlDate: Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 11:42 PM | Message # 3
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
(Ticklemonster)
Gutless "pros" or the "noobs" who actually put up a strong fight?

I think that says it all

i never leave a game till me and my entire team is obliterated

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

a_chinese_kidDate: Saturday, 29-Dec-2012, 1:39 AM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Noobs have better sportsmanship and potential than "pros" who get cocky and have too much confidence, as in they will quit because they think they know the games over when they really have a chance etc.

FirNesSDate: Saturday, 29-Dec-2012, 7:09 AM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
In a way I agree with you guys, but you shouldn't generalize this fact to all "pros". I've just really came back to chf a few days ago so I couldn't tell you who're fair players, playing 'till end or 'till there's a chance for them to win, but personally I'm one of them, and I don't think that so many people (as you look to say) do leave too early. If yes then we don't have the same definition of "pro" lol
(Ticklemonster)
Now im wondering who exactly has the skill in Custom Hero Footies??

It's not a skill question there, except if you consider people like michaud as pros. I see what you mean in your whole thread, but I don't get this part of mass dona thing. People who go this way are not pros to me

Message edited by FirNesS - Saturday, 29-Dec-2012, 7:10 AM

FireHartDate: Saturday, 29-Dec-2012, 9:02 AM | Message # 6
Hero
Agreed people like omega go mass dono ssd . Same with superstar-2025

Then there are people like darkheroes who get feed and aoe then l8r get mass dono

Users of mass dono are "noobs"

a_chinese_kidDate: Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 4:25 PM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
The thing is there ARE NOT pros. Im not generalizing this to all pros im classifying "pros" as these people.

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 5:36 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
(a_chinese_kid)
The thing is there ARE NOT pros. Im not generalizing this to all pros im classifying "pros" as these people.

Well there are pros but everyone has a different definition to classificate "pros" so in a way you're right

Message edited by FirNesS - Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 5:36 PM

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 7:02 PM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
u honestly dont get it, yes i leave if there is no chance or if its going to be a super long game with me constantly dieing. i dont enjoy being raped, perhaps u do, but i prefer to have fun and usually raping or an equal amount of raping is fun. is this not what the game is about?

the "noobs", as u so put it, dont stay because of sportsmanship(not all of them) they stay because their stay ratio increases. the !stats xxx shows them higher percentage of staying. other "noobs" want to learn and watch the play and learn from their own mistakes instead of asking people for builds.

ur last sentence states it "put up a strong fight", many times i've been targetted/harassed/focused because for some reason, ppl think im pro, im not pro, i play and happen to win a couple times, and it honestly gets annoying. the people who do this the most, from my experience, are the people from south america who will feed each other in order for u to lose, or take turns attacking you. 2 separate teams attacking your base and targetting your towers until they're all dead is too much of a coincidence...

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

FirNesSDate: Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 9:39 PM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
(ic3dt3a)
ur last sentence states it "put up a strong fight", many times i've been targetted/harassed/focused because for some reason,

This sentence also represents my daily life when I play chf, idk why but almost every game everyone just focus me or still my kills, as if I were god or something lol. So sometimes I get ankhs not to get TTed or yamatoed twice a min.
But well leaving is not something that makes you noob. Personally I almost never leave a game but well I don't have anything against people who leave when there's really no way to win.
I know that Ic3d leaves quite often, but as he said if there's no fun then why would we play?

However bro sometimes you leave when we can still win tongue

Message edited by FirNesS - Sunday, 30-Dec-2012, 9:40 PM

Osetinas7171Date: Monday, 31-Dec-2012, 0:30 AM | Message # 11
Hero
IC3 makes ars. shuts down the other idiotic modes and then leaves. powered by google

a_chinese_kidDate: Monday, 31-Dec-2012, 0:49 AM | Message # 12
Robotic Ninja
lol ive actually noticed people focus me for no apparent reason.. i havent played in months or ill play a retarded game every other month with a couple of people.. I dont have to do anything unique or play good but the focusing will just happen..

FireHartDate: Monday, 31-Dec-2012, 5:20 PM | Message # 13
Hero
Speak English or u might get someone give u a reproof biggrin

2DaYuDiEDate: Monday, 31-Dec-2012, 8:39 PM | Message # 14
Ninja
idk about u guys, but when i play against pubs, 5 mins after start half of em left most of the time

ic3dt3aDate: Tuesday, 01-Jan-2013, 4:48 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
(2DaYuDiE)
idk about u guys, but when i play against pubs, 5 mins after start half of em left most of the time

these are "noobs" that dont care about their stats, which i dont see the point in having a high stay% when that doesnt really mean anything, they use this to stack

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » Noobs better than "pros" ??
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501