Sunday, 05-May-2024, 1:00 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Why stacking isn't good - Forum

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » Why stacking isn't good
Why stacking isn't good
JawnsonDate: Saturday, 26-Apr-2014, 10:08 AM | Message # 1
Archer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
In my not so esteemed opinion, I believe that stacking is largely not beneficial to the chf community.  Before anyone starts flaming me with rants about how they cantz haz hi eelow without shtackz, let me explain why I think this way.

First of all, if people always stack, it's hardly a challenge for them.  If you aren't being challenged, you aren't improving; so, stacking limits skill growth.

Second, it prevents new players from having much fun.  I remembered when I first started playing (which wasn't too long ago) how annoying it was when I would constantly be teamed with people of my skill level and then get beaten down, game after game.  Now, if people aren't having fun with a certain activity, they aren't going to keep doing that same thing.  So, this would mean that new players are less likely to continue playing if they are faced with extreme opposition game after game.

Finally, it honestly just isn't fun if you win too easily.

I'm not saying that stacking is bad all the time or that people shouldn't play with their friends, I just want people to think about the consequences it can have if you consistently do it to achieve that 95% win rate or whatever elo.

Certde

Message edited by Jawnson - Saturday, 26-Apr-2014, 10:09 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 26-Apr-2014, 10:23 AM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote Jawnson ()
I believe that stacking is largely not beneficial to the chf community
It never was.

Quote Jawnson ()
First of all, if people always stack, it's hardly a challenge for them.  If you aren't being challenged, you aren't improving; so, stacking limits skill growth.
True true...look at rank 1 ELO in chf. He hasn't really been improving ever since he started caring about ELO system.
All it did was destroy him :l

Quote Jawnson ()
Second, it prevents new players from having much fun.
 This is what I say ALL the time in forum yet no one cares.
Look, I'm fine with stacking but when your account has literally 90+% winrate, then you are clearly doing something wrong.
Truthfully, I think anyone with 90+% is just destroying CHF. CHF is already dying game and please, you don't have to be a douche and destroy it more.

Let's be real.
AccCreate, 51.5% winrate
Soundwaves, 79.5% winrate. 

Do you really think you are better than me, AccCreate, in forums?
Do you really think you are better than Soundwaves?
I don't want to be rude but if your having 90+%, I highly recommend that you try some other builds and be innovative cause seriously, you care too much of the game.
90+% win raters in this forum remind me of myself in assasinbot in the past "ProGlitcher" in which I had ~32 games won and 1 disconnection (luckily, team managed to win it for me...disconnection due to admin abuse)

Quote Jawnson ()
Finally, it honestly just isn't fun if you win too easily.
it actually is...lol

Quote Jawnson ()
I'm not saying that stacking is bad all the time or that people shouldn't play with their friends, I just want people to think about the consequences it can have if you consistently do it to achieve that 95% win rate or whatever elo.
I too support stacking in some way. it's just that once it gets extreme (90~95+% winrate), you really should start losing some games or trying other stuffs.
And if you still do want to stack (friendship), I would recommend you guys try OTHER builds.

Other day, me+ic3d+shinky (stack) lost to bahjs because we wanted to mass bears and quils (1 jammy = gg)
After that, sure, I played a stacked  game but hey, at least I am not so concentrated in getting insane winrates.

I personally believe that achieve 90~95+% winrate is very possible even solo in this game. Now should you do it? Please, just do yourself a favor and help the pubs once a while. 
I made player "HUDDS" so happy other day because he for the first time started winning.

JawnsonDate: Saturday, 26-Apr-2014, 11:34 AM | Message # 3
Archer
Group: Users
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
Finally, it honestly just isn't fun if you win too easily.it actually is...lol

Well, I don't have fun winning games too easily anyways, haha.  but to each their own

Certde

BajsHoranDate: Saturday, 26-Apr-2014, 1:58 PM | Message # 4
Ninja
Group: Game Mod
where is challengetwin? i want hear his defense speach smile

Green Man - im so jeallous of ur elo

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » Why stacking isn't good
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats