Sunday, 05-May-2024, 4:19 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

To moderators, Bond, Users - Forum

• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » To moderators, Bond, Users
To moderators, Bond, Users
F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 6:27 AM | Message # 1
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
I wanted to share my thoughts

- ELO

ELO should be removed, let me explain why. They are three kinds of players concerned. The first one are the players gone to the ELO hunt and the other one are those who don’t care and between them, you can find pubs who don’t understand anything.
At start ELO system brought back players but now this is the complete opposite. Also, I saw lately that couple of players gave up to the hunt of ELO. Only few players got benefit from this system. We usually call them ABUSER.

In fact ELO hunt lead people to stack and to join / leave games every minutes. So the bot can’t fill as well, and players got troubles to find a match vs good players. Some players gonna farm ELO in stacked team, in 6vs6, or put uim in middle game just
to get the victory.

By the way, ELO system ranking is totally not reliable. I guess they are mistakes with the calculate formula and this is also simply not adapted to CHF. The actual ranking means absolutely nothing except who “played and abused the most”. There should the new name of your chart. Same with “!sp” command it should be removed because it’s based on ELO chart and it’s even not working well. Sometimes when someone use sp (speaking of the FIRST try for example), players with highest ELO are shuffling together.
Also I rather want to play with someone with noob stats like that 30 W / 250 L and -1200 ELO than a player with 2 W / 10 L with like 800 ELO. The first one will probably be far better than the second one even if his ELO is lower.
This SP command is really useless, it’s just boring when you wanna play with yourfriends.

- New regime

The admin purge was a very good idea from Cou. Also I don’t understand why this legend hasn’t get back his admin. He deserves it more than anyone else for tons of reasons.
Bio-assault, brought good ideas and change lately. As I have seen, he also made many mistakes. Being sensitive and reproof people for fast nothing or reopen old case (AL_GI) won’t help you to be respected. Also EVERYONE is harassed, so don’t take it personally. There isn’t needed to answer in troll box but don’t remove it. For now, I got the feeling you made a good job for the new organization and application in forum.

The new admin / game moderator application are fine. If I would like to recommend someone as admin or game moderator it would be Firness. He is someone of trust and stable. This isn’t needed to ask him tons of things to trust him. He is also experienced, good player, and his English is very good (not as mine..).

Personnaly I rather rely on someone I know in game (I mean by playing with him and his daily behaviour) than someone who wrote some nice sentences for an application wink

And if I would like to recommend a forum moderator, it would be rosa. He knows as well the community, his English is damm good, and personally I trust him to be a good moderator.

Sorry but I just laughed at that from I-connect “you are aworthy person to be on staff!” – Trixx application. I have nothing against Trixx but this guy isn’t active and he is well known as a troll. After that if you think he is a worthy person to be on staff, it just look like you designate people “randomly” (or who you like the most).

- 4.1 version

Bond, after the theard you made few months ago, you gave a new hope to everyone. So I guess we are a lot waiting the new version with balance. Also some people made donation for the new version, some other helped like they could with ideas..

I think it would be a good idea to launch 4.1, to remove ELO (but keep win rate), and by
the way reset ALL stats of the bot. This is really the best way to bring back
players and the most fair.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Message edited by F00ty_R3b0rn - Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 6:44 AM

lotrrotkDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 7:30 AM | Message # 2
Zombie Pirate
Group: Game Mod
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
The admin purge was a very good idea from Cou. Also I don’t understand why this legend hasn’t get back his admin. He deserves it more than anyone else for tons of reasons.
He sacrificed it so that others would give up on their admin-ship as well. I quote " I will also sacrifice my admin position too since I am asking for this purge. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost." -Cou (not fma)
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Also EVERYONE is harassed, so don’t take it personally. There isn’t needed to answer in troll box but don’t remove it.
smile
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
The new admin / game moderator application are fine. If I would like to recommend someone as admin or game moderator it would be Firness. He is someone of trust and stable. This isn’t needed to ask him tons of things to trust him. He is also experienced, good player, and his English is very good (not as mine..). Personnaly I rather rely on someone I know in game (I mean by playing with him and his daily behaviour) than someone who wrote some nice sentences for an application

And if I would like to recommend a forum moderator, it would be rosa. He knows as well the community, his English is damm good, and personally I trust him to be a good moderator.

+1

Go rage ban love child
-This guy that loved me

BajsHoranDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 7:41 AM | Message # 3
Ninja
good to see u footy. Nice input...

Green Man - im so jeallous of ur elo

AL_GIDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 7:44 AM | Message # 4
Zombie Pirate
Nice!

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hassanrizvi10Date: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 7:48 AM | Message # 5
Grunt
Group: Users
I agree with you, but if elo system is removed and win rate is kept there too people will stack stronger. because if elo system is kept high elo can play with low elo thinking that his elo will not loose much if loose the game since his team mates has low elo if only win percentage is kept there will be imbalance in game one force will have only gud players and other team will have pubs, the pros will never play with new players or or pubs

KinG_xD

attackers2012Date: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 8:33 AM | Message # 6
Grunt
elo system must be removed cuz no fun in chf anymore we rarely can see game pros vs pros but i dont think elo will be removed cuz random loves elo as much as a fish loves water

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 9:00 AM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
Removing ELO as solution is now too late

I say just move on guys
Personally, I always thought ELO system didn't matter.
!Stats is good enough and I am sincerely not kidding.

What elo does though is an incentive for donation to bot so ehh, wink
Anyways, if possible, I wish only !stats worked (number of games played) while the replay system still stores replays

That's really all we need.
But then again what we say never happens. Will gladly wait for Bio to suggest the same thing. Cause trust is an issue with the head admins
xD

FirNesSDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 9:07 AM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
I just fully agree with Footy. Couldn't say better.

mehrquackDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 9:11 AM | Message # 9
Grunt
it is more complex than this , footy
Just a few tips :

A good elo means that there is a matchmaking system based on elo. However players are able to change teams . This is also a reason why elo doesnt work.
Moreover the player base of chf is too small for a nearly balanced matchmaking . We have only 1 bot = no matchmaking and therefore no elo
In addition to that wc3 is a old game . It isnt able to deal with a matchmaking based elo system.
It seems that many people dont know what elo should be ...

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

Random260Date: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 10:40 AM | Message # 10
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Elo is a incentive for people to play. That's the truth no its, no buts and no maybe..... I play league of legends and some people there only play it for there stats to be recorded. No wonder custom games in league of legend isn't popular.... Same thing goes here people want elo; they don't play for fun anymore.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mehrquackDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 11:03 AM | Message # 11
Grunt
Quote Random260 ()
Elo is a incentive for people to play. That's the truth no its, no buts and no maybe..... I play league of legends and some people there only play it for there stats to be recorded. No wonder custom games in league of legend isn't popular.... Same thing goes here people want elo; they don't play for fun anymore.
In contrast to chf the elo and the matchmaking system in smite/lol works as it supposed to be . In mobas people play for elo in oder to achieve a condition in which they can play vs better players than the ones before . In addition to that the elo in lol/smite has something to say about the player skill.  Furthermore the matchmaking in lol/smite is way more balanced/better than the matchmaking in chf e.g no elo booster alts /changing teams/ the influence of stack is in realtionship to chf heavily reduced. As a result the difference between your deserved elo and your current elo decide if you loose or win. The elo in smite/lol is more fair than it is in chf
Quote Random260 ()
Same thing goes here people want elo; they don't play for fun anymore.
This isnt true : The majority of the chf players are people with bad elo stats . They dont care . The most of them dont even know what elo is.. Chf elo was created for forum people in oder to show who is the better one . It failed . Remove it

Edit : Dont change every time your comment per edit .

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 11:12 AM | Message # 12
Hero
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
ELO should be removed, let me explain why. They are three kinds of players concerned. The first one are the players gone to the ELO hunt and the other one are those who don’t care and between them, you can find pubs who don’t understand anything.
At start ELO system brought back players but now this is the complete opposite. Also, I saw lately that couple of players gave up to the hunt of ELO. Only few players got benefit from this system. We usually call them ABUSER.

In fact ELO hunt lead people to stack and to join / leave games every minutes. So the bot can’t fill as well, and players got troubles to find a match vs good players. Some players gonna farm ELO in stacked team, in 6vs6, or put uim in middle game just
to get the victory.

By the way, ELO system ranking is totally not reliable.

Plz random READ this again, and tell me why this system is benefit for CHF ?! You are blinkered....

Don't take us for idiots plz. You can't compare CHF and LoL. Our ELO system isn't working properly, it's not like LoL. We already explained why a tons of times, the actual ELO system isn't working purely and simply. It can't be denied..

This is even not a incentive for people to play. I explained why in my quote !!!
In my suggestion, I told you to keep the win rate which is already a GOOD incentive for people to play and stack but there will be far less abuse with only the win rate and probably more good matches.
If it was me, I would only kept the amount of games played, not even the win rate.

My suggestion was a good compromise.

You are blinkered and you don't understand what is happening on your own bot because I guess you aren't playing. But at end you are still thinking that you are smarter than everyone else and nothing change.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Adam_CZDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 11:12 AM | Message # 13
Robotic Ninja
ELO is only fake numbers and this current "rank" is not about real skills.

tooo_selfish is actually rank #1 but his real CHF & Warcraft 3 skills is "weaker than average".

J.ST4X is rank 600 but his real skills is probably "TOP 5-10 in CHF history".

I hope you now understand why ELO is trash

Bio-AssAUltDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 11:55 AM | Message # 14
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Being sensitive and reproof people for fast nothing or reopen old case (AL_GI) won’t help you to be respected. Also EVERYONE is harassed, so don’t take it personally. There isn’t needed to answer in troll box but don’t remove it.

Why do people keep blaming this on me? How many times must I say that I have re-proofed ONE person on these forums? And it wasn't me who re-opened that case. I'm the one who agreed with cou and said I wouldn't pursue another ban but certainly won't allow that user to re-obtain admin privileges. 

And when someone is using a fake account pretending to be me and responding to users in the troll box, stirring up drama... that seems like a pretty valid reason to remove it. On top of the fact that it is simply used to troll, and used by users who are already banned/reproofed, and people who want to add their invalid opinions without a forum account simply because they dont want us to have their ip. So we have no clue who they even are.

b3pDate: Tuesday, 13-Jan-2015, 12:26 PM | Message # 15
Hero
I am agree  whis f00ty

b3p

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » CHF News & Debates » To moderators, Bond, Users
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501