Saturday, 04-May-2024, 10:47 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

NEW MODE: -FTD - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » NEW MODE: -FTD (Check it out!)
NEW MODE: -FTD
Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 10:45 PM | Message # 16
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
thats pretty gay

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 11:25 PM | Message # 17
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
lol, I agree tennisman. I will help with ideas bond, but I think I would just get in your way with the actual programming.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 11:48 PM | Message # 18
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
haha yeah.. i know what ya mean.. it sucks to make the learning curve on a game huge. But at the same time a game with no learning curve can indeed be lots of fun, but for how long?
Once you master the simple game with no learning curve how much longer is it fun and will you play it?
I ran into this same problem with my WW3 map, i just kept getting more and more sweet ideas and kept implementing them and in my eyes it just keep getting more awesome, but at the same time noobies took a few mins to get use to, but its like that will most games. my WW3 is about 5-6x more complex than any other classic WWIII game but at the same time its 5-6x better also. Its got alot of neat things that keep you busy every second, theres always something that can be done to improve yourself. Thats what makes it so great.

A game where theres a good gap between pros and noobs is a semi good thing but at the same time be balanced enough to where the noob can still have that same chance to win going the basic style. With that gap just goes to show theres strats that can be done in many ways and many counters to everything which give diversity.

Anyone ever play Super smash bros. melee for GC?
Its better than brawl in balance and game play. BUT Brawl has much more items and custom things to it but theres also Heros now that are worthless and some that are a crazy amount better. Also they added that stupid random event trip thing, why? Its just much less competitive because the gap between a complete noob and a super pro is limited. Whats the fun in playing a game where you know everything and are beyond good but a guy thats never heard of the game in his life can pick the controller up and still have a good 50% chance to beat you still?
I think games are good and addicting because of this competitiveness. In your mind you wanna be the best but always have that room to improve, you want the game to not have a cap on its limits.

For a pub if the limits were set low and the learn curve was low they could have just as good of chance beating you as me (assuming their micro was still good lol)

(Back to Topic)
Got on a rant there...lol but anyway yeah i dont wanna take the game out of its element and just add shit becuz i can, that just clutters it and makes it confusing to learn. Thats why i left all the wc3 names the same for the normal skills and try not to have doubles of the same ability with just a different name like 5.4 did etc..
I hate that when all the abilities are different and icons are different takes forever to learn a new game like that. (I understand though some games just need to fit their theme, so its fine)

I think a game with everything in one could be cool.
Everyone likes the game base already.
Everyone loves Custom choices.
Everyone is familiar with it now.

So seems cool to add more modes in case your just not feeling the typical standard CHF that day, and easy to change it up. And people will still understand the game play and will familiar with it to catch on fast.
Plus this will be the last big game i ever make so its fun to try and make it an all in one game, theres not too many out there like that smile

At least its wont be as bad as LegionTD where you have to know -apmmhgggcbx3 in the red slot or everyone is pissed at you for wasting their time and leaves eh lmao biggrin

Ok im done now though sorry for typing so much.. I pulled a ChrIs happy

Edit:
and then theres always ppl like cheesy that wont like it too loll
but this way theres something in the game for everyone to love. This might even bring a new player base to this game that never even liked or played footies before.. who knows... and once they like the TD they might learn to like the normal CHF too.

HM2008Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 0:11 AM | Message # 19
Noob
Awards: 0
CHFD lol this should be the name... and as a TD u should b able to BUILD towers like in legion and then they transform into units at the begining of each round....... this will allow u 2 strategize ur buildings and plan them to have best coordination to defend. this is an awesome idea but i would expect take ALOT of time. And just a note bond make sure u know 100% or close that it is balanced enough for it to b in CHF. Very interesting idea.

P.S. I will own u in legion TD bond tongue

Bond009Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 0:47 AM | Message # 20
Overall Site Owner
Only the best HM.. only the best.. biggrin

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 8:08 AM | Message # 21
Development Director
Quote (tennisman22)
I love this idea, although I'd like to just make a comment. I feel that as chf develops it gets more and more complicated, which is fine for all of us people who follow the game, but makes it harder for newbys to start off. Adding a td mode will be awesome, but then we have a capture the flag game, normal game, and a td in one map. I just wouldn't want this map to become one where red had to know and quickly type all of the -commands at the beginning which can be confusing. But yet, it would be awesome so who cares about noobs?

well thats why i dont play dota biggrin

too hard for me to start, especially when everyone is just shouting at you.

Bond009Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 12:18 PM | Message # 22
Overall Site Owner
yeah theres really not much thats more complicated with dota aside from the naming and different icons used for all the spells and maybe items. thats where the big learning curve comes in. At least in my game tho a noob to the game that knows wc3 well enough can pick it right up by choosing spells they at least know eh xD

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 2:03 PM | Message # 23
Development Director
well i was mainly talking about recipes for example.

3 items needing for 1 item, 5shops+ or more to get from and stuff its crazy.

i guess it just takes time to remember all that but meh.. cba

tennisman22Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 4:48 PM | Message # 24
Noob
Awards: 0
Well, thanks for the imput. But still, I am super excited over this idea of a td. Speaking of which, if you wanted to make it like legion, you could have tiers the same but they don't auto-spawn. The corresponding tier (0-5) enables you to build that tier's units. For example, Human tier 1 lets your hero build riflemen, and tier 5 dark knights. And, when you're at a tier you could still build previous tier's units, so for example tech so you can build knights then build spells behind them. To limit the number of units you could have them cost food, each tier gives more food or just classic have them cost gold.

Oh and what might be interesting is to also combine this idea with something like Hero Line Wars, so every once-in-a while there is a hero to hero battle that can either be a team vs team (so 3v3) or solo (1v1). Winning the battle gives extra creeps next round that give more gold when they're killed (maybe twice as much). This way you could keep the elements of hero-kill builds with unit-kill builds, preventing a whole team from just choosing carrion or other high-dmg unit-killing spells. Also, players could bet on who will win (like HLW) and recieve a few of the gold-giving creeps, but less than the guy who wins. If they lose bet, they recieve a few more-powerful creeps with their spawn.

Another idea for winning/losing bets/hero brawls is that the winner gets a special creep that lasts in their base for one level. This creep would do NO DAMAGE, but give off an aura (like command, tich, endurance, unholy etc...) to aid that team's units fighting the spawn, with the creep's aura increasing with the td levels. The hero that wins the brawl receives a creep that gives a better aura or better % than the people who bet correctly. This idea of winning creeps with auras could replace winning gold-giving creeps.

And for either system of bets, people can bet how confident they are (ex: bet a lot or a little). Betting a lot gives more gold-creeps if you're right, and gives a lot of more powerful creeps if wrong. Betting less just lowers the amount of each that spawn.

I think this could get interesting, and I'm really excited ^.^

Message edited by tennisman22 - Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 5:11 PM

AntyoneDate: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 6:53 PM | Message # 25
Development Director
i like the ideas tennis, but really its too much.

betting, pvp etc.

don't forget that the map will be the same, or completely new map? (new as it will be much bigger?)

all of this would be just about being lucky, not about playing good neither having skills. pvp would be a little too much imo.

oh what i mean is - keep it simple. don't make such a huuuge update with new huuuge mode cus that would deserve a new name other than chf.
just make it happen but - too much of it ain't gonna do any good i think vinsent

Message edited by Antyone - Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 6:55 PM

Bond009Date: Thursday, 28-Oct-2010, 7:53 PM | Message # 26
Overall Site Owner
lol i like the ideas but keep in mind this is already a big thing just getting the simple first version of it.. try not to throw too much at me at once or none of it will probably get done in a decent time. Just getting the very basic stuff done is gonna be nuts as it is lol ( i hate unit balancing) so trying to find a good strength level for each 'wave level' will be hard and time consuming :/

Vampirism_FireDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 8:38 AM | Message # 27
Hero
Awards: 2
I believe that it would be a good idea to make the map larger. Just have all of the currently unused parts boundaried off. It is always good to have extra space!

Currently I do not know a way to increase map size without totally remaking a map. I also do not know a way to fast and easily export/import all of a map's triggers, units, terrain, and settings. If it is possible please tell me.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

AntyoneDate: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 9:20 AM | Message # 28
Development Director
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
Just have all of the currently unused parts boundaried off.

yeah it would be nice to have every part of the map to be used.

i.e the middle top area.

Message edited by Antyone - Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 9:20 AM

Bond009Date: Friday, 29-Oct-2010, 3:57 PM | Message # 29
Overall Site Owner
I can do any of those things but i dont think the map needs to be bigger, the TD mode will work fine as it is right now, in fact its almost too big for what i need lol

Bond009Date: Monday, 01-Nov-2010, 8:04 PM | Message # 30
Overall Site Owner
Ok im pretty much all done with the coding part of the FTD mode alls i need now are ideas or the units for levels.

be specific..

Level 1: - So far alls im sure on is level 1 being a supped up footie.. normal attack heavy armor etc.. (its attack will be +9 to simulate roar +75%, also +2 armor and better attack speed than normal foots)

Level 2: - Thinking maybe supped up militia idk yet

later levels imm have monsters and other creatures etc.. Make sure to list whether the attack is normal, Peirce, magic, siege, chaos, etc and the armor type and depending how much you know and the level number give a good gestimation how much attack/armor/HP/attack speed/abilities you think it should have.

(dont plan on giving the first 10 waves special abilities btw)

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » NEW MODE: -FTD (Check it out!)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<