Saturday, 04-May-2024, 6:29 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

NEW MODE: -FTD - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » NEW MODE: -FTD (Check it out!)
NEW MODE: -FTD
Bond009Date: Tuesday, 26-Oct-2010, 10:30 PM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
New Mode: Footies TD

So me and jamie have been kind of into LegionTD lately and it made me have an idea to bring a part of this into CHF, as only a mode of course..

I think it could be really neat but it will probably take more time than i originally planned on in my head.. lol

Anyway this is how i see planned out:
-------------------------------------------
If its voted yes. At the normal mass time instead there will be the start of the first level spawns.
They will be 4 areas in the middle of the map spawning various creeps at each progressive level. They will run from each of the 4 middle corners to the 4 outer team base corners.
The first level will be similar to the first mass only the units will be the ones infiltrating your base trying to destroy everything and defeat you, so its more like a mass at dawn backwards. xD
The creep footies will obviously be stronger than your troops as you will be having the home base advantage. (towers, auras, etc)

I'm not yet sure how how many levels there will be needed yet. For now i am just dinking around with the code system i'll be using in my free time, the units and balancing will come later.

I think this could be a really unique and pretty intense mode for this game if done right.. I plan to have there be levels enough to get strong enough to pretty much rape a team regardless of their defensive power.. Last team left alive in the end will obviously be the victorious team. king

Ideas i'm considering:
------------------------------------
1) Was thinking it would be cool that team could interfere with other teams while defending their base..
  • Theres advantages and disadvantages, one would be your helping the creeps take down a competing teams but at the same time your losing that extra help you may need at your home base for defending. xD
  • It would still allow for competitive user interaction in this TD type mode.
2) make all creeps have a 25% spell reduction or only some level spawns.
3) There will be mass levels and also levels with hard bosses (this will give purpose to both AoE powers and 1 target nuker abilities.
4) Also does it seem fair to have a certain number of spawns for the team based on players? Like 3 players = 60 units 1 player = 20 spawns. This way its fair to have a team of 1 vs team of 3. Or should i leave it all normal on 2nd thought becuz the bases and units will still be there if people leave.

Give me some feed back on this: cool
I know alot of people didnt like Capture the Flag mode at first but its alot better now. I just wanna know im not wasting my time with this mode. let me know if ya think its awesome or what..

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 4:10 AM | Message # 2
Hero
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
Cool idea, I like it but it would take a lot to balance. All creeps should not have spell reduction. Only some levels, some levels should be spell immune also.
Other factors for creeps to have:

Frost attack
Slow Poison
Ranged / Splash
Crit
Invisible(perm)
Abilities:
Feedback
Silence
Slow
Shadow Strike (weak)
Mana Shield
Reincarnation
*Necromancer Raise Dead move
Divine Shield* long cooldown short effect, activated when attacked.

Basically if the creep has it normally go ahead and add it in also.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

artkore1Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 4:51 AM | Message # 3
Archer
Group: Users
Awards: 0
i like this idea, since i am a big fan of tower defence (and footy ch of course wink )

i am looking forward to play this mode soon biggrin

overlord123Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 6:46 AM | Message # 4
Archer
Group: Users
I like this idea but would it be easier just to make it like an full out invasion mode were each team needs to fight off masses of enemy creeps and stuff smile

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 7:10 AM | Message # 5
Hero
I don't think that it should be -FTD because the main defense is not towers.

If this Option were included, It would make it much more important to use units.

AntyoneDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 10:37 AM | Message # 6
Development Director
ye, isn't TD a Tower Defense?

are you considering the ability to buy or make walls/towers in bases? as in TD games.

I like the idea, there won't be much HKs, something different than default game of footies, i like it.
I also understand that every each player will have to go either mauler/tech the base.

thought about adding new items to this mode or even better units other than darks? like tier 6, tier 7 etc.
new kind of towers for defensive purposes.

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 11:37 AM | Message # 7
Legacy Staff
Like legiontd maybe make 31 lvls. There is a spellimmun boss every 10 lvl and lvl 31 will just keep coming untill the teams die. Except the team who wins of course.

Inactive mod.

Vampirism_FireDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 12:29 PM | Message # 8
Hero
I agree with master, but make sure that the last level has STRONG, Invisible, Spell-Immune, Spellcasting, units of varying undead/alive ranged, melee, and flying units. Think of the final level in burbenog TD,

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:13 PM | Message # 9
Overall Site Owner
Vamp i like you idea list at the top, nice.

Quote (overlord123)
I like this idea but would it be easier just to make it like an full out invasion mode were each team needs to fight off masses of enemy creeps and stuff :)

yeah this is what its going to be like pretty much, mass units always trying to take down your base

Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
I don't think that it should be -FTD because the main defense is not towers.

If this Option were included, It would make it much more important to use units.

Well Legion TD isnt a Tower Defense either its all units fighting, but these kinds of games are just called TDs and i have no idea what else to call it lol

Quote (Master-Hero)
Like legiontd maybe make 31 lvls. There is a spellimmun boss every 10 lvl and lvl 31 will just keep coming untill the teams die. Except the team who wins of course.

yeah i plan to do it something like this and bosses at 10/20/30 and the last level may keep repeating untill they die but also at this time i will have to no longer reward a kill with bounty and also might turn off base tier spawning so its like a sudden death rounds till teams all die, and last left alive wins.

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 2:49 PM | Message # 10
Legacy Staff
Oh what about killing a boss gives a rare and strong iten?

Inactive mod.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:15 PM | Message # 11
Overall Site Owner
idk about that.. theres gonna be more than 1 boss for each team to handle probably like 3 a piece minimum.

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:30 PM | Message # 12
Legacy Staff
okay what about a extra jaood or something?

Inactive mod.

Message edited by Master-Hero - Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:31 PM

ChrIsiceraDate: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 3:49 PM | Message # 13
Grunt
-CHFD: Custom Hero Footy Defense

Creeps: I agree that 30/31 levels of creeps would be great for a defense mode, creep health/number should scale appropriately and should vary in armor type, attack type, range, etc. The amount of gold should be looked into very very carefully to determine how much each should be worth. Give a base/store for upgrading the health, attack, defense, etc of enemy creeps

Other team's creeps: They should either be counted as part of your side so you can give auras, heal etc, or they should count as enemy and allow you to kill them to steal the other team's potential gold.

Waves: Akin to Legion I think a time gap between waves would be good, maybe 1:30 seconds in which you can amass forces, harass others, take the time to heal etc, while a wave is active your base should not regenerate your hero at least early on...

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 4:45 PM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
Not bad ideas maybe take away the regen in that mode at all times that way store creeps and items would be more important?

I'll probably have a new custom store like i do in CTF for this TD mode also. Also i might add some item towers so you can build more towers but it will be quite costly to do so.. that way it can be TD just becuz everyone on earth knows what TD means i think as far as advertising the mode it would be better to go with that.

Also i like the idea of upgrading the creeps of enemies happy nice that would be a lot easier in 6v6 though rather than 3v3v3v3 just becuz of how it works.

the prob in 3v3v3v3 with having the enemy creeps on your team would be what teams creeps would be the ally etc..

I plan to do different armor types attack types ranged melee etc.. though i will need help.. It would be nice if Kobas wanted to help out with this mode wink lol too bad Vex is MIA still also.

tennisman22Date: Wednesday, 27-Oct-2010, 10:40 PM | Message # 15
Noob
I love this idea, although I'd like to just make a comment. I feel that as chf develops it gets more and more complicated, which is fine for all of us people who follow the game, but makes it harder for newbys to start off. Adding a td mode will be awesome, but then we have a capture the flag game, normal game, and a td in one map. I just wouldn't want this map to become one where red had to know and quickly type all of the -commands at the beginning which can be confusing. But yet, it would be awesome so who cares about noobs?

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » NEW MODE: -FTD (Check it out!)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<