Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 5:28 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New Idea: Regulated Mass - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
New Idea: Regulated Mass
stoogeDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 3:13 AM | Message # 16
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
I think its good as long as u lower the starting gold to 100 per player...so ppl don't get auras at mass...until they kill some footies.

300 is not as bad as 600 to start mass without having to buy scroll against pubs

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 3:44 AM | Message # 17
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote (Cou)
I like the idea. I'm for it as long as it starts off as a mode first to see how it rolls out. smile

this would be very hard to make as a mode only becuz after the game starts its very hard to detect what happened with ppls gold and whatnot.. like if it starts out normal and ppl pool fast and buy shit with their money, then this mode goes through and i auto have this buff thing happen and they already spent their gold and then their gold is set to 100 things could get real messy and complicated.

ill probably just make it this way if this is what ppl wannt do and we can test it in betas before i make it official version.

would you rather have this done in this manner or sounds idea with making scrolls 225 gold with 1 charge so anyone can buy it is they are solo?

stoogeDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 3:53 AM | Message # 18
I think this way would be more efficient for pubs and new players as they wouldn't need to worry abt buying scroll at all...

CouDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 4:20 AM | Message # 19
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I see, I can understand coding a map is as complicated as it seems too lol

Quote (Bond009)
would you rather have this done in this manner or sounds idea with making scrolls 225 gold with 1 charge so anyone can buy it is they are solo?

damn they're both good ideas into levelling out the mass field for everyone but I'd like to see more input from people before I put anymore opinions into this as this could potentially be a big change lol. I need to know what could be a potential flaws, I've already seen alot of up sides on both ideas and what not. I mean one of the down sides is old/veteran/players might not like it as they're use to the old ways etc.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

stoogeDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 8:33 AM | Message # 20
Or call u out on following everyone just to belong to a group hahahahahaha luv retards, can u seriously imagine this forum withouts these idiots? It'd b boring as pucks...

ArcttyDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 11:08 AM | Message # 21
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote (Bond009)

You could make each team have an indidual vote on it. Like if 2 or more players on one team type -reg mass, then they lose 133 gold and get an auto scroll.

Or you could just do it by player. Like if I type -Reg Mass or -Auto Scroll or something it could charge me 133 gold and then only my footmen would be auto scrolled.

The only thing is that a lot of pubs (even if they are good players) might not even do this, or wont listen if you ask them to type it.

but if it was left up to a vote then there would be teams with no scrolls and beast scroll would have to not be on CD before mass. The voting might get a little too complicated.

VexslasherDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 1:22 PM | Message # 22
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
Quote (Arctty)
You could make each team have an indidual vote on it. Like if 2 or more players on one team type -reg mass, then they lose 133 gold and get an auto scroll.

Or you could just do it by player. Like if I type -Reg Mass or -Auto Scroll or something it could charge me 133 gold and then only my footmen would be auto scrolled.

The only thing is that a lot of pubs (even if they are good players) might not even do this, or wont listen if you ask them to type it.

but if it was left up to a vote then there would be teams with no scrolls and beast scroll would have to not be on CD before mass. The voting might get a little too complicated.

I see problems with these ideas, since believe it or not there is still games with all pubs in them, so they wouldn't be able to make this work if that was the case.

I personally think that the auto feature for the 70% damage increase sounds best, my reason why I think this would be better then the 1 use scroll is simply because noobs might not get a scroll even with it cheap like that and then the teams with all noobs in them would still get totally owned at mass and hate the game..

ArcttyDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 2:50 PM | Message # 23
Ninja
Quote (Vexslasher)
I personally think that the auto feature for the 70% damage increase sounds best, my reason why I think this would be better then the 1 use scroll is simply because noobs might not get a scroll even with it cheap like that and then the teams with all noobs in them would still get totally owned at mass and hate the game..

yeah thats why I don't think voting is a good idea anymore. I just gave that suggestion to give people options. Better off reducing starting gold by 133 and making it automatic an automatic scroll, if this does get implemented.

Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 3:14 PM | Message # 24
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote (Cou)
I've already seen alot of up sides on both ideas and what not. I mean one of the down sides is old/veteran/players might not like it as they're use to the old ways etc.

yeah, i agree. i will probably miss doing the scroll just right because it does take a little skill to get them all and that does change things from pro team to pro team.. in an inhouse and whatnot..
But this auto thing will probably be a greater good than evil.. and it will make pubs have a greater chance and enjoy the game more if they can actually reach lvl 6 haha

I guess it would be easier to have this on by default and for in-house i can have a vote that turns it back to the old way and adds gold to ppl and doesnt do auto scroll for mass. Its alot less messy to add gold to everyone than taking it away.

SOUNDWAVESDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 5:12 PM | Message # 25
Ninja
If footmen damage can be boosted by 75% during mass without scroll, then arcttys idea is the best by far.
All I want is fair mass and fair game to every one. but beast scroll and goatzila should take start stock cd then. these 2 stuff will boost more than 75% damage.
also auras should take start stock cd like 5min from game start. aura items are same as lv1~lv2 normal skills which is equal to having more than 9 normal skills in 1 team during mass.

And this is a bit out of topic but I think bond you should add description icon and tool tips to every hidden passive skills.
like pet mana regen, creeps and units which have spell resistant. so we all know pet gives mana regen but pub and new players doesn't know about this unless someone teach them. also they will never know how much spell resistant does unit have unless they visit to ucoz and check and compare every chf logs.
actually a lot of ppl doesn't know which units and tier or creep have resistant skin.
so that's why they don't understand about this new version. all they can see is just Nerfed AOES. this is why they complain about this version.
knowledge about game will give more possiblity to use other things and stratgey.

Rest in Peace Rookies

ArcttyDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 5:28 PM | Message # 26
Ninja
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
All I want is fair mass and fair game to every one. but beast scroll and goatzila should take start stock cd then. these 2 stuff will boost more than 75% damage.
also auras should take start stock cd like 5min from game start. aura items are same as lv1~lv2 normal skills which is equal to having more than 9 normal skills in 1 team during mass.

Yeah I said before that any other damage increasing units/items should be on CD before mass, or you could just make all of those buffs not stack with the base increase that occurs during mass. Also, no one is going to have the money for those items (unless they sell boots and have a lot of stats gold).

With 133 less starting gold for each player that means each team will start with a total of 276 gold, 92 for each player. That is without stats gold. 351 total with stats gold (If max stats gold is 25, I don't remember if thats correct).

I guess I am for putting auras on a cooldown, especially since its usually the people who are getting pooled that buy them. I don't want to over-regulate it though. If auras are on CD why not wards too? an all melee team can get fucked over by wards during mass. But sound makes a good point having auras count for a level 1 or 2 skill during mass.

I think for now the 133 starting gold decrease and automatic scroll is enough to balance mass.

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 5:34 PM | Message # 27
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
lv1~lv2 normal skills

endurance aura is lvl 3.

ic3dt3aDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 7:01 PM | Message # 28
Robotic Ninja
easiest thing is to increase cooldown on beast scroll... instead of increasing it the first time, to make it fair, u jsut added an additional one to shop4

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Legal_lifeDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 8:44 PM | Message # 29
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
so who took my VIP?

ProGlitcherDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 8:53 PM | Message # 30
Grunt
Group: New Users
The new hpmm guy with the wolf avatar
Forgot his name :P
i believe he donated 50 dllrs and stole ur place smile

btw i have question bond
why not just make all items not buyable in mass?
we wont have problems then :P

Im leaving officially forums today. See ya noobs

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<