Sunday, 28-Apr-2024, 7:20 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New Idea: Regulated Mass - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
New Idea: Regulated Mass
ArcttyDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 5:45 PM | Message # 1
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Mass is arguably the most important time of the game. If you lose mass, there is a very good chance you will either lose the game or be behind for more than half of the game. If you win mass you can keep that momentum and sometimes end the game within 15 minutes.

I know a decent amount of people lag at mass (including me) and it is difficult to use scrolls, spells, buy things, etc. Also, when playing solo you have to rely on pubs to pool for scroll, and if they don't pool you, it is almost impossible to win.

Basically my idea is to make it so that during mass ALL footmen within the middle area have their attack boosted by 75%, no need to pool, no need for scroll. Also reduce starting gold by 133 (which is what would be spent on scroll). This is just a flat damage increase, probably non-dispellable.

So for example, say mass lasts 5 minutes, once mass begins any footmen that enters the middle area will have +75% attack (only in the middle area). Then once 5 minutes is up this will no longer be in effect and beast scrolls will be available.

This will make it a lot easier for pubs and solo players and hero levels will be a bit more even after mass.

Obviously beast scroll would need to have a CD put on it so it is only available after mass along with goat, but no one will have money for these things unless they get kills pre-mass.

This could be a mode to vote on instead of a permanent change (even though modes are gay)

The damage increase could be changed to any percent either lower or higher than 75% (this could also be a mode), Other small buffs could be put on foots like a small HP increase or slight spell damage defense.

The masses for every team should be made even (EX: T3 is way too spread out)

I also thought of even more regulation: making foots uncontrollable during the first 20 seconds of mass so they can not be pulled back. Disabling the purchases of creeps or auras or disabling the use of spells during mass, those are probably bad ideas but the main purpose is to give everyone relatively even levels after mass especially if they do not have a stacked team.

VexslasherDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 6:25 PM | Message # 2
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
or you could just have scroll of beast on cd until after mass then no one would have scroll pretty much same thing as everyone having it. I dunno it's just nice when everyone knows what they are doing..

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 6:40 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
i played a 5.4 yesterday and loved the regular gameplay, where we ran to attack a team immediately and killed a couple foots, it was chaotic but beautiful

Quote (Vexslasher)
or you could just have scroll of beast on cd until after mass then no one would have scroll pretty much same thing as everyone having it. I dunno it's just nice when everyone knows what they are doing..

a couple of people and myself suggested removing or just increasing cd till after mass on scroll when ppl complained about not being able to buy it because some1 already bought(at the time, there was only 1 scroll per shop).

speaking of scroll, wat happened to the 3k beast scroll, i think it gave like 100-200% attack increase? the other ressurection scroll was removed too( 50 units i think)

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

ProGlitcherDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 7:13 PM | Message # 4
Grunt
Group: New Users
Quote (ic3dt3a)
speaking of scroll, wat happened to the 3k beast scroll, i think it gave like 100-200% attack increase? the other ressurection scroll was removed too( 50 units i think)

If i had this, darks abomination would rape a base in about 1 sec

Im leaving officially forums today. See ya noobs

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 7:52 PM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Quote (ProGlitcher)

If i had this, darks abomination would rape a base in about 1 sec

i think bond needs to lwoer the bounties

hey, theres one bounty;all games, hero gets selected and bounty is 3 times the normal amount of gold(1k tops avatar and bill give higher normal)

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

ArcttyDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 8:08 PM | Message # 6
Ninja
Quote (Vexslasher)

No this would change the game too much. Imagine mass with foots doing 75% less damage. They would take forever to kill each other and heroes would be able to get off at least 50% more spells, all the wards, impale, novas and other aoes would count for way more. Also auras wouldn't matter as much because foots wont be doing a lot of damage.

The whole purpose of this is make it a somewhat level playing field (only during mass). If foots killed each other 75% slower than it would be all up to aoe heroes to kill them. That would just make stacked teams dominate mass even more.

Bond009Date: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 9:01 PM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I like the ideas of everything being fair.. and leveling the playing field between pros and pubs but.. having everything be automated seems like its just dumbing it down almost too much and it also limits different mass straigies. I know that the scroll is the main one.. but sometimes i see ppl like to get a jammy instead or rats and wards and scroll and auras etc.. idk. Idc that much either way i guess lets see how other ppl feel about it

also i took that 3000 gold scroll out that gave 100% attack buff becuz it was a waste of a item slot in the stores.. whos gonna spend 3k on a scroll that does 100% when u can get a 400g scroll doing 75%

ArcttyDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2011, 9:45 PM | Message # 8
Ninja
Quote (Bond009)
I like the ideas of everything being fair.. and leveling the playing field between pros and pubs but.. having everything be automated seems like its just dumbing it down almost too much and it also limits different mass straigies. I know that the scroll is the main one.. but sometimes i see ppl like to get a jammy instead or rats and wards and scroll and auras etc.. idk. Idc that much either way i guess lets see how other ppl feel about it

Remember this is just at mass, this is only the first five minutes of the game, everything else is exactly the same. You can still get rats and other cheaper creeps.

The whole point of limiting strategies during mass is because the only teams that can afford to make a mass strategy are the stacked ones. This is basically making it so that every team already buys a scroll that effects all footmen and is non-dispellable.

The only strategy that this would directly remove would be going to mass without a scroll (which almost no one does). It doesn't even have to be non-dispelable if that is too much. That way teams can still dispel scrolls.

VexslasherDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 0:18 AM | Message # 9
Site Manager
Quote (Bond009)
also i took that 3000 gold scroll out that gave 100% attack buff becuz it was a waste of a item slot in the stores.. whos gonna spend 3k on a scroll that does 100% when u can get a 400g scroll doing 75%

hmm maybe you could bring it back and change it to 200% damage increase.

Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 0:23 AM | Message # 10
Overall Site Owner
idk the more i think about it.. you're probably right arc with it being more good than bad.. being on a pubs team when they dont speak or pool or share.. and everyone mostly scrolls anyway.. so yea, why not.

VexslasherDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 0:49 AM | Message # 11
Site Manager
Quote (Bond009)
so yea, why not.

So your going to make it automatic then?

Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 1:22 AM | Message # 12
Overall Site Owner
i guess unless some ppl start making some good arguments to keep it as is. so far i see no one disliking the idea

Legal_lifeDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 1:36 AM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Sounds dece, more money fOr auras and wards so mass will go by quicker.

Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 2:28 AM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
Quote (Arctty)
Basically my idea is to make it so that during mass ALL footmen within the middle area have their attack boosted by 75%, no need to pool, no need for scroll. Also reduce starting gold by 133 (which is what would be spent on scroll). This is just a flat damage increase, probably non-dispellable.

CouDate: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 2:50 AM | Message # 15
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I like the idea. I'm for it as long as it starts off as a mode first to see how it rolls out. smile

It will make it just as easier for everyone and new beginners who dont know how to scroll but still have just have long enough to play a round without getting dominated that badly.

Making it a mode is good too as good players will have a understanding of who the players are such as me or sound requesting for that mode when we're unstacked and red will allow it. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if that mode will become popular =P

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<